Anio

UCS Scale Sebulba's Podracer

Thank you !

Yes, the trans-clear support are actually not very visible given that the engines are very big.

The engines are very stable because they lay on the ground with 3 points (2 supports and 1 wing). Moreover, the pressure on the support is only vertical (weight), so, there is absolutely no problem with the support.

On the pod, it is far less stable because the support are much taller (17cm each). The cables help to make the pod a bit more stable.

Making a model looking dirty is not an easy task.

I can do it pretty easily on the greebs where I can use several colors such as LBG, DBG, tan, copper, dark tan, etc.

But it is much more hard on a surface which is supposed to be all the same color (orange).

As I said in my previous messages, I put some tiles to add some textures. But it is not that easy. Indeed, the surface must not be overloaded with that kind of things given that on the real model these surfaces are empty (no details I mean).

So, I put few tiles only. I think that studs and white flexs do more or less the job to change the textures.

Moreover, I do not want my model to have no studs.

I'm indeed very proud of building my models with Lego bricks. And it is important to me to show that.

Thank you ! :)

And I would like to thank a lot Kieldaman for the frontpage. resp.gif

Is there any instruction for it..

Thats is a work of art mu friend...

Thanks again for your nice comments ! :sweet:

Is there any instruction for it..

To be honest with you, the instruction does exist.

I did it. It was long, but I did it.

This is the reason why I know how many parts the model has.

In the first post, I wrote "about 3450 parts" cause I think that this indication is enough. But actually, there is exactly 3465 pieces.

At the moment, I do not plan to share it.

Indeed, in the Technic forum, when I see how people take advantage of famous MOCer's work, it does not make me want to share the instruction.

For example, given that my podracer uses A LOT of very rare refs (magnets, orange, dark orange, copper parts, mainly), I do not want to see people speculate with these parts. I hate speculation.

Moreover, if I share the instruction, with the parts for sale on BL, I guess that only 4 people can reproduce the model. Well, if the price of the model does not stop them before : about 400€. :sceptic:

Otherwise, I redid the sticker.

Of course, I've corrected the typo.

I also photoshoped 2 fins on the right engine for them to be visible.

21728777.jpg

edit : new HD file of the sticker : http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Anio/SeTechnic/Podracer-UCS-ST09/sticker.jpg

Edited by Anio

Such a great MOC! I really love the amount of orange and the greebles are just amazing! Looks like you spent a long time planning it all out. My only question is how did you get the piece count? It would seem like a pain to count them unless you made it digitally first. Anyways, I love you creation!

My only question is how did you get the piece count? It would seem like a pain to count them unless you made it digitally first.
the instruction does exist.

Great work Anio! Another fine MOC to add to the already stunning collection, it must have been tedious going through bricklink to find the correct parts!

Thanks again for your nice comments ! :sweet:

To be honest with you, the instruction does exist.

I did it. It was long, but I did it.

In the first post, I wrote "about 3450 parts" cause I think that this indication is enough. But actually, there is exactly 3465 pieces.

At the moment, I do not plan to share it.

Indeed, in the Technic forum, when I see how people take advantage of famous MOCer's work, it does not make me want to share the instruction.

For example, given that my podracer uses A LOT of very rare refs (magnets, orange, dark orange, copper parts, mainly), I do not want to see people speculate with these parts. I hate speculation.

Moreover, if I share the instruction, with the parts for sale on BL, I guess that only 4 people can reproduce the model. Well, if the price of the model does not stop them before : about 400€. :sceptic:

Otherwise, I redid the sticker.

Of course, I've corrected the typo.

I also photoshoped 2 fins on the right engine for them to be visible.

21728777.jpg

edit : new HD file of the sticker : http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Anio/SeTechnic/Podracer-UCS-ST09/sticker.jpg

I do understand if you don't want to give out the instruction.

Can't say I blame you.

But in a nut shell your work is very good :thumbup:

Hi all, :blush:

If you like this podracer, support me on the Cuusoo. :sweet:

=> project deleted.

Thanks ! ;)

edit : project deleted.

Edited by Anio

This is amazing, i understand the reasons you have shared your instructions, but i hope one day in a few years you do, as this is one of the best MOC's ive seen and i would love to build it. all credit to you my friend, best moc of the year.

Hello, fellows,

The instruction for the UCS Sebulba's podracer is finally complete !

Frousmoul toiled for hours and hours to release it. In the end, it is a HD 460Mo professional instruction.

01.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

Blakbird did the renders. And I thank him for that. =)

More page of the instruction here : http://www.techlug.fr/instructions-lego-star-wars/ST09/P/sebulba-s-podracer-st09-anio-2011

Important note : some orange parts must be painted because they do not exist yet in orange. However, a cheap spray paint you may find in any creative art store does the job.

Despite the amount of work involved in the instruction, we chose to maintain the price of 10€. We trust people to support with the amount they want, even if I'm pretty convinced that the instruction deserves "a little" more than 10€.

To buy it, you can send me a private message here on EB, but also on Youtube (my nickname is setechnic there).

You may also email me directly at setechnic@gmail.com

Régis

Hi Anio,

I just bought the model plan and am going to have a go at this. Since I am fairly new to this and have never painted and lego can you (or anyone) give me any tips both for a good colour match and also for preparation and paint type for getting good adherence to lego plastic

Hi,

I did nothing special. I bought white parts so as not to modify the hue.

Wash the part if necessary. They have to be very clean with NO dust.

Then, use your spray and let the part dry in a room with no dust.

The orange is a classic color. It is pretty easy to find a spray paint that matches the orange lego color.

I don't really like episode 1, and I just about hate the pod-race sequence.

But this model is really amazing :wub_drool:

hello to all

i make this awesome podracer moc by anio. its one of the best star wars mocs all time!!! all colourfull parts are made with RC Spray Cans by tamia. the orange parts ar so difficult to get from lego and its impossible to get some parts in orange!! i build the turbineparts at first as a modell to paint all parts together, when all parts are ready with the colour i build the podracer, step by step. some of the black parts are painted too (the parst with the round corner) the moc is a lot of work, i build all parts together for painting and then for the modellthe cheapest way for the dark bluish grey cables are: take a plastik welding stick, same thickness same colour, cheap but not original lego partsif you have any quetions, ask!!! i am from austria, german is my favourite languige, english i hope is good enough!!

greets bernhard

sv8t.jpgo1xv.jpgmizc.jpg7twp.jpg

ypl6.jpga297.jpg

4all.jpg4m8n.jpg0jwf.jpg2o5p.jpg

6jn9.jpgvxv7.jpg

Edited by bertl81

Hi Bernhard,

willkommen im Forum! Kannst du englisch? Dies ist ein internationales Forum und es wird SEHR viel Wert auf Posts in englischer Sprachr gelegt. Um es genau zu sagen, man MUSS in englisch posten. Es muss nicht 100% korrekt sein, der Wille zählt! :)

Sorry Admins, i asked Berti if he is able to speak or write english and told him that englisch is the only language that is allowed here.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

Anion I'm extremely impressed of your lego work of arts and interesting in buying two of your instructions one is for the sebulba podracer and the Venator Republic Class Attack Cruiser how much will it cost for the two of them in us dollars

Thank you for your praise. :)

To buy instructions, just email me at setechnic[at]gmail[dot]com

Yet another amazing MOC. The creativity of some of you guys is amazing. Orange and black is one of my favourite colour combinations. I will bookmark the instruction links so that I might buy them at a later date.

Great work!