Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

Fabuland MOC: Croc Brothers Riverside Cottage

builders_guild.gif

Since Hinckley pressured sweet talked me into making a home for my lonesome Fabuland figures yesterday, I've worked almost non-stop on this little cottage for the Croc brothers.

The Croc brothers enjoy the quiet life at the riverbank...

6014929897_1aaa23a3d5_z.jpg

6014929933_bffacfea3a_z.jpg

6014929937_b9abe99b60_z.jpg

And the interior:

6014929941_74f76b0ae2_z.jpg

6014929945_888626ca66_z.jpg

This is my first Fabuland MOC, and I quite enjoyed making it. If (when) I can get my hands on some more Fabuland figures and hopefully other Fabuland pieces, there might be more coming :wink:.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Nice work, especially for your first Fabuland MOC. I especially like the roof and interior, very 'reptilian' (croco carpet? default_laugh_new.gif)

You hit it out of the park too. It really has the fabuland feel. I love the hut, and the croc's fishing is the perfect position for a couple of fabuland fig's. :thumbup:

Really nice job. Great idea for the roof and the way you did the water and beach really stands out. Hinkley's last MOC really made me think twice about the Fabuland stuff and this goes to show that this genre can be very cool. Excellent work!!

This is a very nice MOC, Cecilie. It really fits the Fabuland Croc characters :thumbup:

Just, is that a relative of theirs used as a carpet and what seems to be their dinner? :oh::wink:

Just lovely... :wub: Nice idea to use leaves for a roof. I like the bunk bed, but the croc-carpet is pure genius. I just don't really like the mix of yellow and tan in the door posts. But that doesn't seem to matter to the croc brothers as they look so relaxed fishing for their evening meal. :sweet:

Nice work, especially for your first Fabuland MOC. I especially like the roof and interior, very 'reptilian' (croco carpet? default_laugh_new.gif)

Thanks :sweet:. The carpet was kind of a last minute idea I had when I felt something was missing :wink:.

You hit it out of the park too. It really has the fabuland feel. I love the hut, and the croc's fishing is the perfect position for a couple of fabuland fig's. :thumbup:

Thanks :blush:. I tried to give it a cozy and relaxed feel, the way I think of Fabuland :sweet:.

Really nice job. Great idea for the roof and the way you did the water and beach really stands out. Hinkley's last MOC really made me think twice about the Fabuland stuff and this goes to show that this genre can be very cool. Excellent work!!

Every genre is as cool as you make it :wink:. Glad you like it :sweet:.

This is a very nice MOC, Cecilie. It really fits the Fabuland Croc characters :thumbup:

Just, is that a relative of theirs used as a carpet and what seems to be their dinner? :oh::wink:

Who knows? :wink:

Just lovely... :wub: Nice idea to use leaves for a roof. I like the bunk bed, but the croc-carpet is pure genius. I just don't really like the mix of yellow and tan in the door posts. But that doesn't seem to matter to the croc brothers as they look so relaxed fishing for their evening meal. :sweet:

Thanks :sweet:. Yes, I'm not quite pleased with the choice of tan to mix with the yellow for the door posts either, but I didn't have enough round bricks in yellow :cry_sad:. I guess I should have gone with a bunch of round plates or some more contrasting color instead (just couldn't find one I liked, that wouldn't stand out too much...)

Wow! :wub: Love the roof (thank $DEITY for LUGBULK, eh? :wink:), and the carpet is brilliant indeed. The only thing missing is a boat, but you can't have it all I guess, and this is so well done anyway, hope to see more Fabuland stuff from you. :sweet:

This is brilliant! I'm really glad you could be sweet-talked. :blush: I really like the roof and the interior. The roof is especially clever and very suited to the setting. What's even more impressive is that you did your research. Your creation has the obligatory frog and the Fabuland edge. :laugh: Excellent work. I like the SNOTted landscape as well. Very nice river bank. I'm impressed at how quickly you created something so beautiful. :thumbup: Great work and thanks for sharing it with us. :sweet:

Wow! :wub: Love the roof (thank $DEITY for LUGBULK, eh? :wink:), and the carpet is brilliant indeed. The only thing missing is a boat, but you can't have it all I guess, and this is so well done anyway, hope to see more Fabuland stuff from you. :sweet:

I did consider including a boat, but I'm struggling a bit with the "anatomy" of boats in LEGO, so I chose to drop it this time.

This is brilliant! I'm really glad you could be sweet-talked. :blush: I really like the roof and the interior. The roof is especially clever and very suited to the setting. What's even more impressive is that you did your research. Your creation has the obligatory frog and the Fabuland edge. :laugh: Excellent work. I like the SNOTted landscape as well. Very nice river bank. I'm impressed at how quickly you created something so beautiful. :thumbup: Great work and thanks for sharing it with us. :sweet:

I took it as a challenge :laugh:. Glad you like it :blush:. And yes, I had a good look through the Fabuland Builders' Guild index to get a feel for the genre, couldn't just jump into it without doing at least a little bit of research :wink:. And I'm quite impressed myself at the speed with which I put this together. I guess I work well under pressure :laugh:.

I do think this is great! I too am impressed at how quickly you've built it, and it suits not only Fabuland, but the style of the cottage itself also really suits a crocodile character! :sweet:

The roof looks great, it is such a good idea. :thumbup: Plus you've shown you don't have to have much Fabuland to make a Fabuland MOC. I really hope you'll pursue this with more, however I'm becoming acutely aware of increasing competition in purchasing the dwindling stocks of Fabuland in the world! :laugh:

I do think this is great! I too am impressed at how quickly you've built it, and it suits not only Fabuland, but the style of the cottage itself also really suits a crocodile character! :sweet:

The roof looks great, it is such a good idea. :thumbup: Plus you've shown you don't have to have much Fabuland to make a Fabuland MOC. I really hope you'll pursue this with more, however I'm becoming acutely aware of increasing competition in purchasing the dwindling stocks of Fabuland in the world! :laugh:

Thanks Pandora :sweet:. I guess I'm a natural :laugh:. And, I'll try not to snatch all the good Fabuland stuff before your nose :devil:.