Hinckley

10222 Winter Village Post Office

I'm a great fan of winter exclusive serie and I ll add this set to my collection for sure :tongue:

Cold dark winter evenings...What better time to begin thinking a winter layout? :laugh:

Wow another piece to add to the series. Me and my niece have the other 2. I guess this one will be next :)

Very nice--I'm hoping to get this one for Christmas; the winter village sets (excluding the holiday train) started coming out the year that I got married, and every year my mother-in-law has bought me one for Christmas :classic:.

I simultaneously love an am slightly off-put by the roof; I love that it looks more realistic, but it means that I may have to re-do the roofs of the other buildings; I can't imagine that they would look good together. While that should be easy with the toy shop, it may prove a little tougher with the bakery, due to the roofs on top of the dormer windows being made from sloped bricks, not plates. Hmm. Or maybe I'll just put them on opposite sides of a street, so that it looks like one side got more sun than the other (it's common here in Colorado to see houses with lots of snow on one side of the street and very little on the other side).

I love the old mail truck, and think that it could work for multiple time periods (I'm pretty sure it's not unheard of for companies to use older cars, particularly during certain times of year). I love that new torso, as well.

I'm not, however, too sure about that streetlight. I liked the one at the toy store and really liked the one at the bakery, but this one I'm not too sure about. I would have preferred another bakery-style light, for some consistency. Fortunately, that's an easy fix, and doesn't take away from such a great set (and the pieces are useful).

Edited by Mariko

It would be cool to see someone set up a scene with all the winter sets. I only have the toyshop right now.

I will be doing this as well. I'm sure a lot of people will be doing this. It will be really nice to see all the different setups there will be!

I just saw this on the Lego shop website and in the Netherlands this set is 70 euro instead of 60 euro like in Germany. I think I'm still buying this but I think 70 euro is a bit to much for this set.

I simultaneously love an am slightly off-put by the roof; I love that it looks more realistic, but it means that I may have to re-do the roofs of the other buildings; I can't imagine that they would look good together. While that should be easy with the toy shop, it may prove a little tougher with the bakery, due to the roofs on top of the dormer windows being made from sloped bricks, not plates. Hmm. Or maybe I'll just put them on opposite sides of a street, so that it looks like one side got more sun than the other (it's common here in Colorado to see houses with lots of snow on one side of the street and very little on the other side).

Why not just add more snow to this one? It does look a little odd compared to the all-white roofs of the other ones, but then again its roof is more sharply angled, so you could legitimately claim that the snow didn't stick to it as well as the flatter buildings. Add a little white on top of the windows and flatter areas, maybe a couple more tiles on the roof, and I think it would look fine.

The streetlamp does look very odd, though. It would be nice if they'd used a uniform design for all of them. This one is really weird.

I really want this set, but I've got to get the Bakery before it goes off the market. I'm not so in love with the Toy Store, but the other two are really beautiful sets. I hope this "theme" goes on for a long time.

Why not just add more snow to this one? ...

Due to global warming, the amount of snow is significantly reduced this year... :sweet:

Back to the set, I am definitely getting this set and display it with the previous ones. I still hope Lego will consider re-release the Holiday Train from 2006/07 sometime in the future.

Bought this great set today! will be great when I build all of them together, have at least 3 of each.

So one day I will have to think about a diorama for them all!

winter_village_2011.jpg

Can't wait to see what comes out next year.

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Nice collection of winter sets grogall. :thumbup: You thinking about doing a review of the post office?

I see the Winter Village Post Office is available in the U.S. on Lego Shopt at Home but at $69.99. :hmpf_bad: Didn't the official Lego press release say the set was going to be $59.99?

Great collection of winter sets! I just started recently purchasing the past winter sets for this upcoming Christmas.

When did the train come out?

Great collection of winter sets! I just started recently purchasing the past winter sets for this upcoming Christmas.

When did the train come out?

Quite a while ago, it would seem. $300+ on Amazon.

Bought this great set today! will be great when I build all of them together, have at least 3 of each.

So one day I will have to think about a diorama for them all!

winter_village_2011.jpg

Can't wait to see what comes out next year.

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Yep bought one today also (along with the VW T1 camper van)...

I have three Christmas sets(not the train), so looking forward to setting up my display in Dec...

Edited by pdxa4

I really wish I had gotten the winter train, it goes perfectly with the buildings. I am buying one too, I can't wait for it to come.

I really wish I had gotten the winter train, it goes perfectly with the buildings. I am buying one too, I can't wait for it to come.

I have found that the Emerald Night is a train that fits in nicely (however, it *is* big) with the Winter Village sets.

You can even build some extra cars that hold the trees and presents just like the Holiday Train. Lego PAB offers the wheels, the magnet couplers, and the baseplates used for a train car.

My only problem is trying to build a very nice and simple train station to fit in with the theme. I know many of the contest winners last year were train stations, but I don't really like copying other ideas. I couldn't get mine to look quite right last year, and gave up. Maybe I'll try again this fall... :sweet:

Locutis

Edited by Locutis

I really don't think this set is worth $70-- I'll have to get it anyway as I have the first two buildings, :grin: but will definitely be looking for it on sale.