Hinckley

10222 Winter Village Post Office

I love this set and I really like the brick built saxophone since I am an amateur sax player. I can't help but think what that banjo/sax combo band sounds like.. :)

The part that intrigues me is the piece that joins the two tap bases together in the sax. Like the looks of this set.

so many details! the winter village stuff is the best!

thanks for posting pictures, I'm getting one for sure. damn lego taking my money all the time.

Love it!!! Can't wait to buy it! I have Winter Village Bakery. I don't have Toy store yet and want to buy it too but can't find it on Lego.com. Did they stopped selling Toy Store already!?!? I hope not! :(

The part that intrigues me is the piece that joins the two tap bases together in the sax. Like the looks of this set.

As somebody else already said, it's a plate with clip light. It's quite easily visible in the third image from the bottom.

Great set!

I really like the snowshoes, they've probably been around before but I have never seen them.

Wow! Thanks for the news, Hinck! I didn't get the first two Winter Village buildings (or the Winter Train, for that matter), but I might just have to get this one!

To start off, the minifigures are fantastic! I'm really glad to see that orange ponytail piece (from PC) being released in more sets, and the medium blue torso print is beautiful! :thumbup: The set itself also contains lots of post office-y details that would be perfect for making a non-winter postal service MOC.

I notice that the interior of the building is tiled; were the other Winter Village buildings tiled as well?

Great set!

I really like the snowshoes, they've probably been around before but I have never seen them.

You mean these?

Did they stopped selling Toy Store already!?!? I hope not! :(

I couldn't find the Toy Store on the Lego site, either. I think they've officially stopped selling it. Plenty of them available on Amazon and other retailers, though, and still at a normal price.

I'm really interested in the Winter Village sets now. They don't exactly fit the things I usually collect, but they seem really good value for money and have enough unusual parts that they would be well worth buying. I could see "building the Winter Village" becoming a popular holiday tradition in our family.

Damn you, LEGO!! Why must there always be so many sets I want to buy?!?

The little red truck is very nice, but does it have a rear door ? :wink:

The building will be a great addition to the winter village......I guess the next one could be a general store or an early 20th century gas station.....just a guess. :wink:

What's the price in Aussie dollars ? :look:

The building will be a great addition to the winter village......I guess the next one could be a general store or an early 20th century gas station.....just a guess. :wink:

What's the price in Aussie dollars ? :look:

Did your finger have a spasm attack when you clicked reply? :tongue: 4 posts of the same thing.

I'm excited to get this. I've seen those snowshoes in MOCs before, but this will be my first pair. :grin:

I got to assemble one of these at the Canberra BrickExpo! :wub:

284484_1466446679373_1779744461_694401_5810714_n.jpg

283154_1466446599371_1779744461_694400_565907_n.jpg

284324_1466446479368_1779744461_694399_7925064_n.jpg

263304_1466446399366_1779744461_694398_128968_n.jpg

post-1554-131269298804.jpg

No, just an opening.

So it's just an openning, okay.....rub it in that I was't there at BrickExpo to see it ! :cry_sad:

Oh, and explain time....4 posts in-a-row, I coughed heavily while using the mouse....I have the Flu real bad at the moment ! :wink:

The picture of the sticker sheet confirms that the Banjo is most definatly a sticker.

Yes. The only printed parts are a clock, a circular grate used for the truck, and loads of letters.

The picture of the sticker sheet confirms that the Banjo is most definatly a sticker.

And my many attempts to put the damn thing on the banjo correctly for the Brick Expo showing also confirmed it!

Yes. The only printed parts are a clock, a circular grate used for the truck, and loads of letters.

Loads was an understatement...

Is that guy playing a saxophone or kissing a very yellow chicken? ;)

Well I thought it was a saxaphone, but LEGO is all about the imagination.:wink:

Thanks Sieggy, was great to meet up with you at Brick Expo, and then what a treat to co-build one of the first copies in the world with you!

And my many attempts to put the damn thing on the banjo correctly for the Brick Expo showing also confirmed it!

:laugh: Yeah, I'm glad you were handling the stickers!

Thanks Sieggy, was great to meet up with you at Brick Expo, and then what a treat to co-build one of the first copies in the world with you!

Yeah, it was good. We'll have to do it again... but I'll rant more about that later in the relevant topic! :blush:

I will be doing just that, but you'll have to wait until the holiday season when we put all the decorations in place :laugh:

I've always really loved the Christmas exclusives and this set is probably my favorite out of the three. I really love the unique contours of the roof and the lamp post, and the inclusion of the musicians is a great touch. This set has a lot of personality. It's only August but at this rate I'm going to start thinking about Christmas a little earlier this year.