Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Are we to believe this guy broke out of jail and THE FIRST THING HE DID, before he even found a change of clothes, was to go rob a bank?!?

Judging by the videos on lego.com, that's pretty much exactly it. :laugh:

I'm hoping the bandit minifugures are like the old minifigures from the western theme. They could have cool torsos with grumpy and mean looking faces. Thats all i want. :classic:

As long as we get proper-looking minifigures rather than monstrosities like this, I'm OK. I don't have a problem with Exo-Force or even Clone Wars minifigures that go for a totally different style than the classic minifigure. And I also don't mind unique facial expressions on minifigures rather than just the classic smile or a variant thereof. But in a theme where traditional minifigures are the norm, having figs with whites in their eyes or (God forbid) NOSES is out-of-the-question.

Personally, I don't have much of a problem with the criminals having prison stripes, for the reasons Mr. Elijah Timms mentions. LEGO City is a simplification of real life, not a straightforward reflection. So identifying the criminals with prison stripes and cartoony "bad guy" faces is OK most of the time.

At the same time, the uniqueness of this upcoming theme might merit some more uniqueness in the bad guys. The World City theme was odd in a number of ways. The Police HQ contained an "ATV" that was to all appearances a tank, and one of the police officers in the Surveillance Truck might very well have been the Terminator. But the minifigures were very realistic-- the police had snappy blue uniforms that were until this year unmatched in the City theme, the prisoner in the HQ had a realistic orange jumpsuit, and there were a number of plainclothes criminals, including the ones in the beautiful set Hovercraft Hideout. My younger brother had this set, which is why I remember the minifigures so fondly.

This is the sort of design I think criminals in LEGO City could have if they were to finally shed their prison stripes. Rough and gritty, and clearly bad guys, but dressed a bit less like obvious criminals.

Hahaha Thats hilarious! It does look like something is going to go down. :laugh:

Yes I think also that set is hinting at Gator Poaching, the brown 1x2 tiles and money and coins etc.

It makes me wonder if the bandits in this new theme will be doing something similar with the brown bear or is it just a forest animal put in for fun? :grin:

But in a theme where traditional minifigures are the norm, having figs with whites in their eyes or (God forbid) NOSES is out-of-the-question.

Nowadays pretty much all minifigs have whites in their eyes - even the one in your avatar :)

But then again, you might still dislike it!

Got your point, though. Just nitpicking.

Nowadays pretty much all minifigs have whites in their eyes - even the one in your avatar :)

But then again, you might still dislike it!

Got your point, though. Just nitpicking.

I mean whites as in the actual sclerae around the black dot eyes, not as in the white "sparkle" in the center of the eyes. Indeed, I almost invariably prefer figs with the white sparkle in their eyes. Basically all modern figs have white sparkles, but it's figs like Flatfoot Thomsen and most of the NBA figs that really bother me (although I suppose it could be argued that the NBA figs were going for a different cartoon style much like Exo-Force).

I mean whites as in the actual sclerae around the black dot eyes, not as in the white "sparkle" in the center of the eyes.

And I agree. They don't fit in at all.

Thanks to that German toy store website, I discovered that the helicopter for next year will be a twin rotor copter....ouch, that means it might be bigger than the giant coast guard copter of 2008 ? :wink:

Well, back to check up on a few more things ! :wink:

Thanks to that German toy store website, I discovered that the helicopter for next year will be a twin rotor copter....ouch, that means it might be bigger than the giant coast guard copter of 2008 ? :wink:

I remember the leaks from (what was his name?) saying as much... Certainly I'm looking forward to a preview. It was definitely enough for me to hold off getting this year's police copter.

DYING TO SEE THE PICS!!!!!!! When will they break?

Can't wait to see the pictures for these early 2012 sets, but I guess the speculation is still on for the summer wave sets? I'm hoping for a decent hospital or a set similar to 7641.

I got some info (not much though):

This windscreen will be used:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=62576&in=S

And this bodyparts:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54095

So, it will be similar size like CG helicopter, maybe slightly longer.

Hmm, if the police/rangers will have green/brown/tan/khaki uniforms, it seems like another insidious way for TLG to get around the no military, no violence thing :wink:

Edited by Ardelon

Hmm, if the police/rangers will have green/brown/tan/khaki uniforms, it seems like another insidious way for TLG to get around the no military, no violence thing :wink:

Not really, what about the army figures from Indiana Jones and of course the green army men from Toy Story. :wink:

I have been told next year's city sets are very good, sadly no information could be pasted on to me as this person had to sign an agreement to be silent.....so I was told.

Keep on waiting ! :wink:

Not really, what about the army figures from Indiana Jones and of course the green army men from Toy Story. :wink:

That's the other insidious way, licensed sets were considered outside those rules. I've been told one of the main factors in IJ being cut was it wasn't popular in Germany due to the tanks etc. and Nazi figs.

That's the other insidious way, licensed sets were considered outside those rules. I've been told one of the main factors in IJ being cut was it wasn't popular in Germany due to the tanks etc. and Nazi figs.

What about the Russian's eh ? :wink:

Lego city police are never armed with any weapons......hence Brickarms is around ! :wink:

Looking forward to that Car & Caravan! I hope it would be streamlined like a real one...

Me too, I would love to see some pictures of it :D

Me too, I would love to see some pictures of it :D

Hopefully it will be something like this:

6590-1.jpg

So glad I own this set :cry_happy:

Hopefully it will be something like this:

6590-1.jpg

So glad I own this set :cry_happy:

I also love that set. I used to own it but got destroyed when i was a kid, and then the worst thing happened. I lost many of the pieces. :cry_sad:

According to that there'll be a recycling truck (additional to the garbage truck). I bet that this recycling truck will either be the March or June limited edition sets we have been getting the last years.

Do you think that the recycling truck will be only a huge tipper truck with some garbage, a truck with two or three seperate open containers and a crane to fill in garbage or a truck with a crane to load and enload containers (like this (or last?) years Technic version)?

Taking into account that this is an internet shop where the prices for the sets are a bit lower than in regular toy shops, I'd go for following list (the release dates are guesses without any hints):

4431 Ambulance: 19,99 Euros (January)

4432 Garbage Truck: 19,99 Euros (January)

4433 Dirt Bike Transporter: 19,99 Euros (January)

4434 Tipper Truck: 19,99 Euros (January)

4435 Car and Caravan: 19,99 Euros (January)

4436 Police Patrol Car: 9,99 Euros (January)

4437 Police Pursuit: 15,99 Euros (January)

4439 Police Heavy Lift Helicopter: 39,99 Euros (January)

4440 Forest Police Station: 69,99 Euros (January)

4441 Police Dog Van: 29,99 Euros (January)

4442 Crooks Hideout: ??? (limited edition, not in regular toy shops, January)

4205 Off Road Command Centre: ??? (limited edition, not in regular toy shops, January)

4427 Fire ATV: ??? (March/April)

4208 4x4 Fire Truck: 19,99 Euros (March/April)

4209 Fire Plane: 49,99 Euros (March/April)

4430 Fire Transporter: 49,99 Euros (March/April)

xxxx Recycling Truck: 29,99 Euros (limited edition, March/June)

What do you think?

I, too, am really looking forward to some of these sets - esp. the camper and the dump truck which are since long overdue.

It's time that we get pics! (Regrettably I had no chance to look at some this year.)

Klaus-Dieter

4205 Off Road Command Centre: ??? (limited edition, not in regular toy shops, January)

It's time that we get pics! (Regrettably I had no chance to look at some this year.)

Klaus-Dieter

Some of these sets sound pretty good. It seems like lego will make up disapointing AFOLs with some good sounding sets!

I too cannot wait for pics.

Those release dates might be a spot on guess, as well as the limited edition sets too.....but a recycling truck as well as a garbage truck - what one orange and one green ? :wink:

That is 17 sets.....leaving only maybe another 6 to 8 remaining.....hmm, unless city goes crazy next year. :wink:

I was reading for the first time last night Lego's own message boards posts from the actual designers saying they are already working on 2013 designs ! *oh2*

Keep on waiting.....for those pictures ! :wink:

According to that there'll be a recycling truck (additional to the garbage truck). I bet that this recycling truck will either be the March or June limited edition sets we have been getting the last years.

Do you think that the recycling truck will be only a huge tipper truck with some garbage, a truck with two or three seperate open containers and a crane to fill in garbage or a truck with a crane to load and enload containers (like this (or last?) years Technic version)?

Taking into account that this is an internet shop where the prices for the sets are a bit lower than in regular toy shops, I'd go for following list (the release dates are guesses without any hints):

What do you think?

I, too, am really looking forward to some of these sets - esp. the camper and the dump truck which are since long overdue.

Klaus-Dieter

I had an was not impressed. 2H is better with dark blue pickup an giant tipper truc 8could also be 1H, IU dont remember well. What bothers me is incostency: car with trailer is 4 wide an pickup truck is 6 wide. Also, last mobile home was 6 wide, so it wont look good with this years camper.

I had an was not impressed. 2H is better with dark blue pickup an giant tipper truc 8could also be 1H, IU dont remember well. What bothers me is incostency: car with trailer is 4 wide an pickup truck is 6 wide. Also, last mobile home was 6 wide, so it wont look good with this years camper.

Okay, so does this mean, we are getting two dump trucks, because giant wouldn't be 20 Euro's would it ? :wink:

Also, two pick up trucks in 2012 ? :wink:

These little pieces of information seem to fill little gaps, but still pictures we need pictures ! :cry_sad:

Doesn't look like we're getting any non-emergency buildings in 2012, except for perhaps the Bandit's Hideout, although there is every possibility this will include flick-fire missiles or something.

Anyone know what the 'Friends' buildings are going to look like? Any chance that they'll fit into my City?

Just remember, we dont know what city sets may be comming out in the middle of 2011 (this time last year we certainly didnt know about the harbor sets for example)