Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Wow, those sets look great.

The car park itself may not be that special but it certainly has some interesting vehicles, like the (VW?) van.

Als the car with glider is unbelievable. I can't wait to get that one!

Thanks for the pictures! I think it's a nice-looking set. Even if it's really nothing more than pillars and platforms, hey, at least it's an actual BUILDING. Those are awfully hard to come by in Lego City these days ...

Yup, I wish TLG will introduce more buildings in city theme.

Maybe a convenience store or coffee shop.

Edited by sages

I'm not sure how well pictures you have seen.

But I'm at LW now taking pictures.

Thanks for the news. Blogged on Classic-Town.net.

Sorry for not thanking you for the pics earlier! Can you get us a close-up of the Hospital itself? Any official confirmation that this is the 2012 set?

Here is a Brickshelf link to the Hospital set at LEGOWorld.

Large picture

The big news from the car park picture is the green train locomotive at the right of the picture :wink:

Good spotting their 'andythenorth' and what about the white subway style train above the hospital eh ? :wink:

So Lego trains are going to be a surprise every year now ? :laugh:

Well, I was quite excited for that car park, since the Metro Park & Service Tower back then was always a favourite of mine which was out of reach for ever due to its price. It was the first set I got when coming out of my dark ages...

But that modern reincarnation of it looks a bit underwhelming to me. I think there is too much focus on the vehicles and not enough substance to the building itself. Why is that gatehouse on the first floor, shouldn't it be on the ground level?

As for the hospital, I also find that underwhelming, even more so :sceptic: . 6380 until this day is still the best hospital Lego made imo.

I've worked something out, the petrol pumps are missing from the layout.....the sign points the same way for the car wash, but it's only a car wash and remembering my old toy parking garages of my childhood days, the pumps/bowsers were out front of the car park. Plus I feel something else is missing....the pay point for the car wash....it's not complete ! *oh2*

We need to scan over all the available images to see if another Octan structure pops up. :wink:

As for the hospital, I also find that underwhelming, even more so :sceptic:

I agree. I wonder what TLG's reason is for not making a more substantial Hospital on the size of the police station. I wondered when TLG would bring out a medical helicopter on the lines of the Fire 7206 and Police 3658 examples. Just a shame it comes with the hospital. Maybe this would have been better in bright yellow which is common for medic helicopters. Anyway better not complain.

Also in the car park picture, is that a new police car (with sloping rear) at the scene of the cyclicts accident?

Also in the car park picture, is that a new police car (with sloping rear) at the scene of the cyclicts accident?

No, that came in the Police Chase set from last year. :wink:

I'm wondering if the petrol station part will be an automated tankstation or one with a small customer service box between two pumps...would make sense seeing how the signs for the complex are positioned, thoughts anyone ? :wink:

Sorry for not thanking you for the pics earlier! Can you get us a close-up of the Hospital itself? Any official confirmation that this is the 2012 set?

Yeah. It's seen in a special catalouge, so it's confirmed.

I have more pictures, but the internetconnection at the hotel is so bad =(

I'll upload them when I'm coming to the Bella Center again.

I've worked something out, the petrol pumps are missing from the layout.....the sign points the same way for the car wash, but it's only a car wash and remembering my old toy parking garages of my childhood days, the pumps/bowsers were out front of the car park. Plus I feel something else is missing....the pay point for the car wash....it's not complete ! *oh2*

We need to scan over all the available images to see if another Octan structure pops up. :wink:

Scanning now... MEEP. Negative. I hope you're right, though. Could the gas pumps just be hidden at the back? Doesn't look much like it I guess...

If that's the final version of the Garage set, then I think the set looks great! I hope it'll be only $80. :classic:

I found it !

The petrol pumps are at the back of the complex....odd, wash your car then fuel it up ? :wink:

metro_station_fuel_pumps.png

I was right.....an automatic tankstation. :grin:

I found it !

The petrol pumps are at the back of the complex....odd, wash your car then fuel it up ? :wink:

Yikes! Was hoping for a bit more, but better than nothing I guess :classic:

By all appearances, there is only one pump, on the other side might be a red letterbox style rubbish bin and a lime green brush (how about a proper window squeege to clean windscreens, Lego ?).

Interesting to see a black tile with printing on it....one can assume it's a sticker.

Edit - oop's my bad, that lime green is on the old coach bus....hard to see blowing the picture up so much.

Anyway, it's a bit like this pump arrangement from a long time ago......

6562-1.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Oh good we have pictures. :laugh:

The concept is great, it is a little tall and I was suspecting it would have been more wide but nonetheless I am glad LEGO is producing a set like this. I am sure once we get finalized images of the set it will look better. It comes with a good selection of new civilian vehicles. But why is the pay booth on the second floor? The Octan branding all around is great we get a new gas pump and car wash area. I suppose this set does fill the gap of a new service station but also a car park.

I do spot two train like models that are "new" perhaps or maybe just models for the display.

I must say I am really pleased with CITY 2012 so far. While I was a little skeptical about yet another wave of Police and Fire, they are intended as add-ons rather than replacements, which is a great idea. I've had the Forest Police Station since Black Friday but I have no space in my current layout to accommodate it. The Robber's Hideout and Fire Plane are "must haves" as well.

I have enjoyed collecting the "Great Vehicles" line- all of those sets are winners in my opinion.

I'm generally pleased with the Mining theme since it's a new direction for CITY and won't be replacing anything in my layout.

Although I was really hoping for a huge $100 Hospital, I'm sure the official one will be fine. I'll wait for really good pictures before judging too much.

Now I am just blown away about the Parking Garage! This is the one I'm really looking forward to. Metro Park & Service Tower is one of my favorite Town sets of all, and it looks like this new set has the potential to become a classic.

So my only problem is going to be fitting all these new sets onto my already filled up layout!

The big news from the car park picture is the green train locomotive at the right of the picture :wink:

The locomotive looks very much like the one from the Maersk Train set but in Burlington Northern livery, I have seen photos of a Burlington Northern coloured loco with a Maersk loco elsewhere around the time the Maersk train was released, I think it was on either Brickshelf or Flickr.

The locomotive looks very much like the one from the Maersk Train set but in Burlington Northern livery, I have seen photos of a Burlington Northern coloured loco with a Maersk loco elsewhere around the time the Maersk train was released, I think it was on either Brickshelf or Flickr.

The sticker on that green train is the same number sticker as the Maersk train.

So the two trains featured might be prototypes only. :sadnew:

We are ready discussing this in the City 2012 topic.

I'll get a moderator to shift this topic. :wink:

Good lookin', 'lt'. It hit me right after I posted. I'm glad I got to see some other pics of some future sets. Reading back, about that glider being "promotional", is that serious. It looks pretty neat and I haven't seen one since this guy: 2147 Dragon Fly

2147-1.jpg?0

I really hope it won't be too difficult to acquire default_classic.gif