Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Hmm. I'm no real city fan, so none of these truly appeal to me. However, it is nice to see another off-shoot of construction, mining. Forest police, forest firemen, mining construction....LEGO's really going the extra mile to make these subthemes unique. I just wish they emphasized hospital more, we have construction stuff in 09...

Well, I was really hoping for the hospital, but I am again underwhelmed by the sets coming out. This looks more like my local doctor's office than a hospital. I will still get it because our town is in need of health care, but it isn't what i was hoping for. Since I missed out on the original construction sets, I don't see myself buying the mining series either, pretty easy series on my wallet. I have a feeling Marvel will be getting most of my summer/fall business.

The mine is pretty cool, lots of playfeatures! but most of the other city sets ill probably give a miss, have to say im also underwhelmed at the hospital - Meh!

Sorry to be blunt, but all the mining sets are pretty crappy to me... The only one which might be worth a bit expecting is the Gold Mine, which is still far from good as per the preliminary image. Regrettably it is really a waste of the new subtheme concept...

The hospital? Don't call it the hospital. It is just 16-stud wide... Call it an emergency station is more reasonable. While it is probably better than the strangest ever last version "hospital" (released in 2007?), it is still far from satisfactory...

Consider the recent city building designs, take the bank and train station - they seem to be more for a larger town....hence the hospital or medical centre which ever you want to call it seems small, but everyone can agree a far better design than that horror set of 2006. :sick: (I think it actually made people sick) :laugh:

The mining gear....you could just use the equipment for road or building construction ! :wink:

Although the hospital is a bit of a disappointment, I love the image of the minifig slipping over on a banana skin and needing medical attention :-)

The summer sets all look great.

The gold mine looks awesome, my toddler will love it (he just got the harbour with crane + truck and we have a lot of fun with it together).

Hospital is effectively a small GPs office with a helicopter...

An actual hospital would realistically require two full 32x32s and multiple stories so I don't think we're ever going to get that in City. A classic style in the modular line, perhaps.

After looking at the video a second time, I'd called it a health clinic. At least the majority of towns will now have some healthcare.

Just built the new off road fire truck - 4208. Nice build. Reminds me of the old coast guard heli. Great little set. Totally worth $20. The new fire figs are EXCELLENT. Love the new print. The sliding gear area on the truck is cool too. I love the area for the fire commander. Awesome touch. Go grab this set. I may go get another tomorrow along with the ATV..

I am surprised by so much negative feedback, I love the mining sets! Amazing! A great twist on construction sets. The flagship mine set just has so much going on - a tunnel drilling machine, a crane, a dump truck semi and even a narrow gauge mine train! And the giant dump truck? Brick built bucket! This is such a nice departure from the previous attempt with one giant, hideous piece.

The hospital is nice, but I agree it's more a doctor's clinic. A true hospital would have been cooler, but, who knows what else is in store? There is definitely a set or two that we don't know about. Maybe follow the Duplo theme and gives us a doctor's clinc and a hospital?

This is probably a retailer catalog leak, and retail catalogs don't have store exclusive sets,no maybe, for example, a large hospital set might be a store exclusive.

Edited by MAH4546

I like these new sets. I wish they'd released the helicopter separately and used those parts to make a slightly larger building but I understand why they want that play feature in there out of the box. Too bad my budget is spread too thin as it is next year.

I'm no expert on mining but is it common procedure to strap dynamite to a boulder when mining gold? If you've already gotten it out of the ground, which I would think would be the hard part, isn't there an easier way extract the gold without resorting to explosives? In any case the mining company needs to look at how efficient it is since their workers are using timers and remote detonators (plungers) for the dynamite. I guess if you're the type of person who throws dynamite at problems, you want to be absolutely sure it explodes.

Wow, I love the miners and ill be sure to add the hospital to my town. Looks like ill be spending a lot of money on Legos this year.

I'm a bit disappointed to see there are no Race sets though. Not that I was expecting any, but it would have been nice to see some.

Wow, I love the miners and ill be sure to add the hospital to my town. Looks like ill be spending a lot of money on Legos this year.

I'm a bit disappointed to see there are no Race sets though. Not that I was expecting any, but it would have been nice to see some.

I was just going to see if there was a thread started about this... ;)

I'm definitely not into the miner stuff, maybe perhaps that yellow service pick-up at the right price on sale. I don't mind the

overall look of the hospital, I'm just not really thrilled about the way the upstairs looks.

Hi, Im not sure if this video has been posted before, but i found this on youtube:

They summer 2012 wave of sets is discussed in the 2012 City sets topic... which I merged this topic with now. :wink:

I was just going to see if there was a thread started about this... ;)

I'm definitely not into the miner stuff, maybe perhaps that yellow service pick-up at the right price on sale. I don't mind the

overall look of the hospital, I'm just not really thrilled about the way the upstairs looks.

Well I have no doubt ill make the hospital a bit bigger, possibly even turn it into a modular to fit better in my town.

Loving the miners helmets with the lights on them

:classic:

Speaking of figures, I love these new forest fire fighters. The yellow print is awesome. Picked up two of the fire atv today at TRU for bogo 50%.

Just built the new off road fire truck - 4208. Nice build.

Nice ? are you mad ? Forest fire truck without water tank and hose isn´t good, I don´t need a computer in the forest or breathing apparatus, I need lots of water.

Nice ? are you mad ? Forest fire truck without water tank and hose isn´t good, I don´t need a computer in the forest or breathing apparatus, I need lots of water.

There might be a reason that this 4x4 vehicle is designed this way, say the water tank might be under the floor of the truck. At least it might be able to carry a second fire fighter. :wink:

I think it's mean't to be like one of these......13651.jpg