Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Maybe its the Garbage truck that is too small as the ambulance has to be big enough for the medics and patient trolley!

I agree Scott.

IMO, scale is one thing TLG has never been real concerned with

I hope we get a new hospital in the future. Preferably larger than the last one.

I think that there will be in the summer wave of CITY sets; the ambulance set hints this.

I am a huge fan of that bear mold. I would probably get multiples of the sets it is in just for more bears!

I agree Scott.

IMO, scale is one thing TLG has never been real concerned with

Yeh your right. Sometimes wonder about the scale of some of Lego's items.

Just some? everything about a building system with specific sized bricks and non-proportionate human characters is off scale. There's no such thing as correct scale with LEGO System. Good job it's a children's toy as children generally have less rigid rules regarding scale and have no problem mixing things up to suit their fantasy de jour.

Just picked up the police pursuit set. I really like the red pick up that comes in the set. Here it is hooked up to the new carvan trailer. I think I like it!!

policepursuit.jpg

So, running with the hillbilly crooks theme, I'm thinking someone needs to decal one of the new tiny round tiles like this

And then you can use the new bottle design for spitting or beer. It's only too bad Lego won't do drugs or alcohol in their designs, as the possibilities would be endless with meth labs, moonshiners and booze runners, as well as pot growers. Rural people really get the shaft when stereotyped, don't they...

Anyways, I've built the new ambulance, and have the camper and the garbage truck waiting to get built, and overall I must say I really like them a lot. I agree with what has been said with regards to the overly long instruction manuals, but it's a lot better that juniorization of the pieces, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Picked up some of the smaller sets today (Camper, Police Pursuit), but I got a really close look at the 4439 Heavy Duty Helicopter, and I must say, NO DOUBT I'm getting this thing when the price is right! The 6WD vehicle notwithstanding, just looks like a really well-designed model and adds all sorts of new possibilities to the Police line, forest or otherwise. Sure, it comes with one of the country cops, but the flight crew itself is will blend in well with anyone's existing Police force. All in all I must say, I'm clearly circling this one now that I've seen it up close.

And then you can use the new bottle design for spitting or beer. It's only too bad Lego won't do drugs or alcohol in their designs, as the possibilities would be endless with meth labs, moonshiners and booze runners, as well as pot growers. Rural people really get the shaft when stereotyped, don't they...

You could, you know, build your own methlabs and distilleries.

No, one won't. No pictures this set are publicly available yet.

But when they'll become available I'm sure they'll show up here soon enough. :wink:

I noticed on the brickset 2012 listing of new sets its has 4205 in the fire catagory "off road command center". Has any one seen a pic of this set yet??

http://brickset.com/search/?theme=City&year=201

Hmm 4205 doesn't belong in the fire subtheme it's a forrest police set:

4205 Off Road Command Centre

Includes an Off Road Command centre car (Much smaller than the city equvalent), a boat trailer with a dinghy, 2 forrest policemen and 1 bandit on a raft (2x4 treasure chest).

And no there hasn't leaked any pictures of it AFAIK...

Edited by Mirandir

I picked up the Car with Caravan and Recycling Truck- However it is the tipper recycling truck and not a Garbage Truck as reported. I haven't seen the recycling truck with the separate bins yet. If they keep going I will be able to model an entire interstate Highway with all the City trucks and vehicles from 2011-12 ;)

The off-road command center is also available at TRU now.

Edited by Steiney

I picked up the Car with Caravan and Recycling Truck- However it is the tipper recycling truck and not a Garbage Truck as reported. I haven't seen the recycling truck with the separate bins yet. If they keep going I will be able to model an entire interstate Highway with all the City trucks and vehicles from 2011-12 ;)

It is?? What does it include? Could you describe it (or if the store is close to you, possibly take a picture?) for us all please? :sweet:

It is?? What does it include? Could you describe it (or if the store is close to you, possibly take a picture?) for us all please? :sweet:

Actually, even though it's covered with logos, I think that Garbage Truck set really is a garbage truck, considering that none of the "garbage" included is recyclable. I think it's silly to plaster it with recycling logos, but then again it's nothing new for TLG and probably just so that their "waste management" sets have a unified logo (and one that encourages environmentally friendly practices).

And then again, since anything LEGO is made of plastic, perhaps they really do intend to recycle those fish, bananas, and suspicious brown piles. :laugh:

And then again, since anything LEGO is made of plastic, perhaps they really do intend to recycle those fish, bananas, and suspicious brown piles. :laugh:

We have a "food waste" bin round here that gets collected by the recycling truck, so the fish and bananas aren't entirely impossible. As for the brown piles, I guess that depends on what you think it is.... :laugh:

We have a "food waste" bin round here that gets collected by the recycling truck, so the fish and bananas aren't entirely impossible. As for the brown piles, I guess that depends on what you think it is.... :laugh:

Given the food is probably used to make compost, those brown piles would be fine too :laugh:

Would be nice if you could get us an image :sweet:

Actually, even though it's covered with logos, I think that Garbage Truck set really is a garbage truck, considering that none of the "garbage" included is recyclable. I think it's silly to plaster it with recycling logos, but then again it's nothing new for TLG and probably just so that their "waste management" sets have a unified logo (and one that encourages environmentally friendly practices).

I'll guess he meant 4205. Not the recycle truck.

Anyone noticed there is a command center inside the firetruck 4208 ?