Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Did anyone notice what appears to be a new piece in the trees in these sets? I think there's a 2x2 round plate with two bars attached, similar to this piece. It's being used to attach the branches.

So the missing fire set is a portacabin on a truck? I read elsewhere that it was a 'fire transport'.

Actually it's both. It has a mobile Fire Fighting HQ as well as transport for what looks like an 8-wheeled Amphibious firetruck.

BTW That "Recycle Truck"-set for which pictures has yet to leak is actually a flatbed truck that comes with a recycle station. The recycle station has three containers that can all be loaded onto the truck at the same time. And there's also a forklift that can be used to load the containers onto the truck. And it too comes with that red wheelbarrow. As this set is a store exclusive i expect it to be at least slightly overpriced... :/

Edited by Mirandir

Actually it's both. It has a mobile Fire Fighting HQ as well as transport for what looks like an 8-wheeled Amphibious firetruck.

BTW That "Recycle Truck"-set for which pictures has yet to leak is actually a flatbed truck that comes with a recycle station. The recycle station has three containers that can all be loaded onto the truck at the same time. And there's also a forklift that can be used to load the containers onto the truck. And it too comes with that red wheelbarrow. As this set is a store exclusive i expect it to be at least slightly overpriced... :/

So the garbage truck is NOT the recycle truck, and yet neither are part of a specific theme??? Or are we getting new torsos that just haven't been revealed yet? #prettyplease?

Mobile fire HQ.....no, Recycle truck.....yes, for one more wheel barrow ! :laugh:

Blasted exclusive set again. :hmpf_bad:

Has anyone noticed an underlining theme through city sets for at least three years or more.....GREEN !

Wind power, protecting marine and next forest, solar panels on houses, and next recycling.....yep, Lego's going GREEN ! :wink:

thanks for the new pics of the city set, any one know if there are some new animals too?

Well, there's the brown bear :wub: ! Also, the "friends" theme has several new, stylized animals, including a potentially useful new butterfly! (I think the butterfly is new, but I don't know for sure.)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I saw the blank torsos. That's why I stated it,"So far" because, aside from that, which turns out nit to be new, that was the only one I'd seen at the time. I hope they end up with new torso for the trailer with dirt bikes.

I saw the blank torsos. That's why I stated it,"So far" because, aside from that, which turns out nit to be new, that was the only one I'd seen at the time. I hope they end up with new torso for the trailer with dirt bikes.

Yeah, how many Octan servo torso's do we need.....Lego should include the torso used for the racing car driver in the collectable's series for at least one of the riders.

After looking each of the 2012 City sets in detail, I can say that I will buy each of them, as they really give originality in the classical subthemes, interesting vehicles and nice minifigs. The other 2012 themes do not persuaded me though, excepted some Star Wars sets like the Tie Fighter. Now I'm waiting for the new Modulars !

Edited by Larrynautik

One of the new City sets reminds me of 6351: I remember getting one from Toys 'R Us way back, and it was one of my favourite, most anticipated sets.

Does anyone here feel that the new helicopter is Lego's way of saying, "We aren't going to make any military themed sets, so this is the closest you are going to get."? I can't think of any civilian operators of the Chinook and besides the color, the set doesn't seem all that "policey". I feel the helicopter based off of the Sikorsky Sky Crane in the new Dinosaur line would seem to fit better with the forest police. I mean, they are nice and I will purchase both of them, but I think they should have been switched around.

I can name two operators of the chinook, columbia helicopters and at one time British Airways

anyway I like the new helicopter, will work well as a presedential transport aircraft

Had anyone noticed on the ambulance's radiator grille the word 'CITY' or the minifig head logo on both the tipper and rubbish trucks ? :wink:

Had anyone noticed on the ambulance's radiator grille the word 'CITY' or the minifig head logo on both the tipper and rubbish trucks ? :wink:

I think someone discussed this before-- if you look closely, the ambulance clearly reads "CITY" while the SUV in the police station features the old retro "Lego" mark. Cool little shout-outs to the culture of Lego.

Mobile fire HQ.....no, Recycle truck.....yes, for one more wheel barrow ! :laugh:

Blasted exclusive set again. :hmpf_bad:

Has anyone noticed an underlining theme through city sets for at least three years or more.....GREEN !

Wind power, protecting marine and next forest, solar panels on houses, and next recycling.....yep, Lego's going GREEN ! :wink:

Indeed don't forget the small/smart cars either :grin:

And the multiple green trash bins and crates featured randomly in sets.

Well, there's the brown bear :wub: ! Also, the "friends" theme has several new, stylized animals, including a potentially useful new butterfly! (I think the butterfly is new, but I don't know for sure.)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

thanks for the reply! pic of the new bear? Head printed? Are the same of the poalr bears but with new color?

I think someone discussed this before-- if you look closely, the ambulance clearly reads "CITY" while the SUV in the police station features the old retro "Lego" mark. Cool little shout-outs to the culture of Lego.

Yeah, me. :blush:

And I forgot the Smart cars and all the green rubbish/recycle bins/containers too.....silly tiger. :blush::laugh:

I wonder what components make up the sides and rear tailgate of the tipper truck, a quite bit of SNOT involved is my guess. :wink:

Does anyone here feel that the new helicopter is Lego's way of saying, "We aren't going to make any military themed sets, so this is the closest you are going to get."? I can't think of any civilian operators of the Chinook and besides the color, the set doesn't seem all that "policey". I feel the helicopter based off of the Sikorsky Sky Crane in the new Dinosaur line would seem to fit better with the forest police. I mean, they are nice and I will purchase both of them, but I think they should have been switched around.

Good catch on the Sky Crane. The Fire Plane reminded me of the Evergreeen Supertanker!

I like that thwy included trash with the recycle truck, but why is there fish on the sidewalk?

thanks for the reply! pic of the new bear? Head printed? Are the same of the poalr bears but with new color?

Here, from page 11 of this thread. Hard to say whether the head is printed or not, but I suppose the eyes will be - that has been the trend with new animals, hasn't it? What is clear even now is that the bear is a completely new mold, not a recolour of the ice bear.

Sets are in the Barnes & Nobles system. Based on this, here would be the names and prices:

4208 - 4x4 Fire Truck - $19.99

4209 - Fire Plane - $59.99

4427 - Fire ATV - $5.99

4431 - Ambulance - $19.99

4432 - Garbage Truck - $19.99

4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter - $19.99

4434 - Tipper Truck - $19.99

4435 - Car & Caravan - $19.99

4436 - Patrol Car - $10.99

4437 - Police Pursuit - $16.99

4439 - Heavy Lift Helicopter - $49.99

4440 - Forest Police Station - $79.99

4441 - Police Dog Van - $34.99

The prices aren't too bad, but I'm sure most of those $20 vehicle sets could be cheaper as well as 4436.

Edited by prateek

The prices aren't too bad, but I'm sure most of those $20 vehicle sets could be cheaper.

I don't know, I was expecting them at $20 each, so I'm happy with that. The mid-sized vehicles have been around $20 going back to when City first started.

The prices aren't bad at all, IMO, but three of the sets came in $10 each above what I was expecting. The Police Dog Van I was expecting at $25; Fire Plane at $50 and Forest Police at $70.

Sets are in the Barnes & Nobles system. Based on this, here would be the names and prices:

Doesn't Barns and Noble drive the price up like Boarders did? Its been forever since I've seen their brick prices so I could be wrong, but could these be a little inflated (like TrU inflated, if not higher)?

Doesn't Barns and Noble drive the price up like Boarders did? Its been forever since I've seen their brick prices so I could be wrong, but could these be a little inflated (like TrU inflated, if not higher)?

No, Barnes & Nobles sells at retail. In fact, if you pre-order, the price is reduced by 10%, so what is listed in B&N is 10% lower than the prices I posted.