Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

That Police chief Jeep would be a great set. Now we can only hope. Most of the car designs in the game are quite interesting and would be great for City. Meanwhile, I'll try and build them myself.

Edited by The Blue Brick

@Aanchir: That car is pretty sweet, but the useage of this piece (which was phased out two years ago in favor of parts like this) leads me to believe that it's a model designed just for the game. With any luck though the car'll be easy to access in-game and we'll have a shot at replicating the design.

Cool. I heard something about SWAT/special unit city theme next year and this very much confirms it. Rumored museum would also fit very nicely into it.

Cool. I heard something about SWAT/special unit city theme next year and this very much confirms it. Rumored museum would also fit very nicely into it.

When you have a look at what Playmobil has done with their police it would be nice if Lego did something similar.

Here are some pictures of what I have done for my police force.

7313827848_92f36c5f26_z.jpg

7313151866_f718984c54_z.jpg

Edited by Steinkopf

Thank you very much for this information, Cwetqo! :classic:

Although I must say that I'm very sceptical about this info you got is real (1. TLG informed us that they don't include weaponry in City sets, 2. the third year in series a police theme does sound unrealistic, 3. a museum sounds to be too much AFOL wish-like), I really hope that your source is real since these would surely be amazing sets!

Klaus-Dieter

Awesome! I really hope we do get a museum too... :drool:

I'm skeptical on the museum....

though you never know.

Getting the museum is like the rumours of us getting a line of zoo-orientated sets.

I wouldn't count on any "special weapons" in a SWAT city line-up. City has always been targeted for

younger audiences. Though there was a special case for Football (Soccer) sets a while back that had

police in Riot Gear, but that was a special promo type set, and not for the main stream.

I wouldn't mind having that police jeep. I do hope it becomes a real set (even though I'm not into city sets normally). Any of the awesome MOCers out there able to retro-build this set and figure out a brick list?

Maybe a hint for that this rumored police special forces theme will really become true:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/756http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/public/style_images/Shared/rte_icons/email.png3091592/lightbox/

A new minifigure which will appear in the 2013 Marvel theme. But: The police officer which was used there in a set this year (and which is also shown in the list at http://www.fbtb.net/), did use the City police officer torso and got only fleesh face and hands.

So could it possibly be that the SWAT torso will be used for regular City, too (but only with yellow hands and face)?

If there was a museum in the City theme (and not as a CC styled building), I could only think of one being part of the special forces theme: robbery / burglary in the museum (that would make sense since another bank is imo excluded (we already got one last year)). TLG could include some jewels, gold weaponry and / or pictures in the museum, maybe a trap or a top light through which the burglars can get into the museum etc.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I also think this Hummer styled Police truck looks really nice. I love the color scheme...

Edited by marv

A snow ball launcher of course. :grin:

WHY do we need another snowball launcher? It seems like lego must have a snowball launcher fetish or something, they've been in quite a few sets...

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

Now all we need is that fig in fleshie, and It'd go perfect with the Gordon fig we're getting in Marvel in '13.

Here are some pictures of what I have done for my police force.

That's Awesome. Seriously. Reminds me of a old MOC Yoda made... I'd LOVE if lego did a SWAT type thing, maybe giving them all handcuffs instead of guns?

and on the subject of a museum: AFOL's are too spoiled to even think that a new museum in the style of CC/TH would be made by lego. AFOLs have made MUCH better museums anyway. It's too expencive for what we want, vs what Lego could make.

space

Edited by spaced_out

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

new_fig.png

Advert for the full game is here: Brickset

Oh dear Gods! Now the Lemonheads are getting those horrible drawn on cheekbones?

:vader: NoooOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!! :vader:

Maybe a hint for that this rumored police special forces theme will really become true:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/756http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/public/style_images/Shared/rte_icons/email.png3091592/lightbox/

A new minifigure which will appear in the 2013 Marvel theme. But: The police officer which was used there in a set this year (and which is also shown in the list at http://www.fbtb.net/), did use the City police officer torso and got only fleesh face and hands.

So could it possibly be that the SWAT torso will be used for regular City, too (but only with yellow hands and face)?

If there was a museum in the City theme (and not as a CC styled building), I could only think of one being part of the special forces theme: robbery / burglary in the museum (that would make sense since another bank is imo excluded (we already got one last year)). TLG could include some jewels, gold weaponry and / or pictures in the museum, maybe a trap or a top light through which the burglars can get into the museum etc.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Are you sure the source is not getting the City theme crossed with a more city themed Batman The Dark Knight Rises set? Doesn't some part of TDKR take place in or around a museum? So it may be similar to the Two Face set. small "Museum" front with some sort of blow out wall. Batman, Bane, Comissioner Gordon in SWAT gear, SWAT officer and SWAT Van or something similar?

As cool as it would be, I really don't think they will give us a SWAT team in City. What would it be? A "Special Handcuffs and Flashlights Team"? Highly trained to shine the flashlight with great precision exactly at the spot that needs handcuffing? ("and we promise this time not to put him in the cell with the crowbar?")

I also think this Hummer styled Police truck looks really nice. I love the color scheme...

I love that too. All of these Undercover vehicles have great designs. Where are you getting these screenshots/ pictures from?

I would love too see them all as I don't have the game.

I love that too. All of these Undercover vehicles have great designs. Where are you getting these screenshots/ pictures from?

I would love too see them all as I don't have the game.

Not only is the game not out yet... the gaming console that the game will run on isn't out yet. The games for the forthcoming (no release date yet) Nintendo Wii U. The new console with the iPad like tablet controller thingy.

Edited by Faefrost

Oh dear Gods! Now the Lemonheads are getting those horrible drawn on cheekbones?

:vader: NoooOOOOOooooOOOOOOoooo!!!!!!! :vader:

This is nothing new. Cheekbones have been common on many figures for years, including several of the Collectible Minifigures (example) Personally, I think they're a great detail, especially now that they're printed in Medium Nougat rather than the garish black used prior to that color's introduction. Certainly not a detail I'd want to see extended to all male figs, but a good detail nonetheless.

Saw one City Hospital and one City Parking garage at the Vancouver LEGO store today. Both were behind the counter. Was in a rush so didn't have time to ask why they were there behind the counter and when it'll be released to the public.

Saw one City Hospital and one City Parking garage at the Vancouver LEGO store today. Both were behind the counter. Was in a rush so didn't have time to ask why they were there behind the counter and when it'll be released to the public.

They were probably going to be taken home by an employee to build for display. They go on sale August 1.

Not only is the game not out yet... the gaming console that the game will run on isn't out yet. The games for the forthcoming (no release date yet) Nintendo Wii U. The new console with the iPad like tablet controller thingy.

I was hoping to get this for PS3. I guess not. :hmpf_bad:

Edit: Thanks for the info 'just2good.' I'll have to wait because I never buy from Toys R Us.

Edited by The Blue Brick

Any idea how much longer we can expect the Forest Police sets to still be available? I still need to get a few... Hopefully I have at least till tye end of the year. I got a bit too excited and went a bit too crazy buying... :hmpf_bad: Gotta take a breather and get the ol' credit card under control. :hmpf: