Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Just noticed my local toystore has the new mining sets and something else listed as avaible to purchase. So I suppose they have now arrived in Finland.

4204 -> 84,90 eur (0.11 euros per part)

4203 -> 36,90 eur (0.12 euros per part)

4202 -> 34,95 eur (0.13 euros per part)

4201 -> 17,95 eur (0.13 euros per part)

4200 -> 12,95 eur (0.13 euros per part)

4429 -> 59,80 eur (0.14 euros per part)

EDIT: Added direct links to products..

Edited by Dervish

Just saw the mining sets at a Toys R Us outlet along with the beach house creator set, monsters and LOTR.

Instructions are up on Lego.com Customer Service building instructions page....I'm about to start downloading the 4200 mining 4X$ for starters. :wink:

Is this part new? Cause I don't like it (set 4207 instructions).

It's not new. It debuted in 8639 Big Bentley Bust Out. While I didn't really like its use in that set, it looks more natural in the upcoming garage. Plus, it serves the functional purpose of raising up the ceilings of the garage without detracting from its stability. It's 13 bricks tall, so even two 1x2x5 bricks wouldn't reach that height, and they'd tend to buckle under stress.

Edited by Rick
Please don't unnecessarily include images in quote tags

Okay, thanks for the info, Lyichir. I think you're right about the height and sturdiness, the latter of course a consequence of the open nature of the garage. I just don't like the holes in that element and the hollowness inside.

Thank you all very much for the information and pics! :classic:

The park garage looks really good. Only car doors are regrettably missing. :thumbup:

The hospital is ok - but it's much too small. :classic:

Apart from the 4x4 mining pick-up the mining sets look much too <insert that tiresome argument> and so I will - if any - only by the pick-up and possibly the loader with the digger. :thumbdown:

I already ordered the park garage and even built the vehicles. In the next days I'll build the garage itself. Then I'll do a short review (not a big one since I've got only very few time and I already opened the first bags without making pictures of them before).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sorry for off topic, but is there a thread anywhere that tells us the RRP of each set for each country?

I think we haven't had yet an official picture of all contents of the advent calendar:

http://www.brickshop.nl/lego/city/lego-4428-advent-calendar-2012-city.html

Like last year's advent calendar this one, too, is only :thumbdown: . There's nothing nice and exciting included. So I for sure won't buy it.

2008-2012 TLG released amazing advent calendars - but this time seems to be over. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think we haven't had yet an official picture of all contents of the advent calendar:

Like last year's advent calendar this one, too, is only :thumbdown: . There's nothing nice and exciting included. So I for sure won't buy it.

2008-2012 TLG released amazing advent calendars - but this time seems to be over. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

I kind of like this years ( granted i am an ex Firefighter so this year has a lot for me). One thing I don't quite understand? Can anyone tell what the little catapult thingy is that looks like it launches white round bricks? What is that supposed to be?

Edited by Faefrost

I kind of like this years ( granted i am an ex Firefighter so this year has a lot for me). One thing I don't quite understand? Can anyone tell what the little catapult thingy is that looks like it launches white round bricks? What is that supposed to be?

A snow ball launcher of course. :grin:

Last year's advent calendar also had one.

Klaus-Dieter

We covered that a few pages back, at the same time as we did Friends and Star Wars :P

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

new_fig.png

Advert for the full game is here: Brickset

Edited by Darthluke824

I have just seen a possible 2013 LEGO City minifig in the advert for LEGO City: Undercover game for Wii U. Here he is:

It will probably come with the game as a free gift

It will probably come with the game as a free gift

Or at least as a preorder bonus. I'm excited for this game, and if it comes with this minifigure of the main character, even better! Even though he's a character in the game, I'm sure he'll still be usable in standard LEGO City, perhaps as a more specialized officer (like riot police, for example). Although if he's a preorder bonus, getting a whole squad of officers like him could be very costly...

Well, is it too early to think about next year....that fire truck looks interesting as a possible set and likewise the girl's pink car too ?

Plus that main character from the game....heck, if he is exclusive to the game I'll buy a new Wii controller to so I'll buy the game to with it ! :grin: (new AWESOME torso printing :grin: )

Maybe the car, but I believe the truck is from set 7945 Fire Station from 2007 default_classic.gif

Oh wait, bet? 5 bucks! default_tong.gif

D'oh !

You are so right, but why have they chosen such an old design for a new video game....geeks, you can't trust them eh ? :laugh:

D'oh !

You are so right, but why have they chosen such an old design for a new video game....geeks, you can't trust them eh ? :laugh:

Same reason they used so many older designs in most of the licensed LEGO video games. It's a lot of work to design brand-new vehicles, so if they have an already-created design that will fit in all right, then they'll take it, whether old or new.

I also wouldn't be surprised if any brand-new designs from the game might have been made up just for the game, like the Black Pearl in the Pirates of the Caribbean game-- although if this is a set I'll be mighty pleased.

Edited by Aanchir

Same reason they used so many older designs in most of the licensed LEGO video games. It's a lot of work to design brand-new vehicles, so if they have an already-created design that will fit in all right, then they'll take it, whether old or new.

Perhaps you are right also, but I feel the 2010 truck was a more modern and realistic design, but hey that's just my opinion ! :wink:

Anyway, this talk about what's in or out of a new video game might bring the wrath of moderators ! :wink:

{pic}

Here are two vehicle screenshots from the game, what you betting that these are 2013 sets:

{pic}

WiiU_LegoCityU_3_vhcl05_E3

{pic}

WiiU_LegoCityU_3_vhcl04_E3

More screenshots here: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/nintendo-unveils-lego-city-undercover/

Hopefully the pink car is a 2013 set! I also love the new color hair on the police officer. :wub: But that will probably be in a pre-order promo with the game.

Edited by just2good

Incidentally (LEGO City Undercover-related, but also sets-related), this page says there are codes included in LEGO City Police boxes. Does anyone have any of these? There's no mention of them in any of the reviews from the Reviews Index, which makes me think they might be on the inside of the boxes and not someplace obvious like the instruction booklets. If, that is, they're in this year's LEGO City sets at all-- since the game is (I believe) due for a holiday release, it's possible that they are going to appear in next year's sets, or (hopefully not, but possible) only in later production runs of this year's police sets.

I don't have any of this year's LEGO City Police sets. My dad bought the Forest Police Station at a LEGO store, but our family hasn't opened it and probably won't anytime soon since we've been trying to tidy up our house for a party we're hosting this month.

Just a quick heads-up: I was in my local (Cardiff, UK) Toys-R-Us on the weekend, and noticed that they had the Mining sets available. Sorry, I didn't have a camera - but noticed that set 4204 (The Mine) was priced at £69.99

Yesterday at TRU I saw the race car polybag, here in Northern California area.

Edited by Legocrazy81