Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

After looking at the photos 'lightningtiger' posted yesterday, I noticed that the large dump truck of 4202 has many differences from the image on the box. Look at the bed, in between the wheels, and the headlights... There is also no piece count. Is there a particular reason this was done? default_classic.gif

I can just imagine mining injuries, bear attacks, burn victims, catastrophic recycle center failures..... :grin:

Don't forget the dirt bike accidents :)

After looking at the photos 'lightningtiger' posted yesterday, I noticed that the large dump truck of 4202 has many differences from the image on the box. Look at the bed, in between the wheels, and the headlights... There is also no piece count. Is there a particular reason this was done? default_classic.gif

I suspect that the box art is still preliminary.

That's possible, but keep in mind as well that there's no piece count on European boxes.

Some interesting news about a potential 4207 Car Park set on Amazon China, courtesy of Brickset:

- There's a strange entry at Amazon.cn which translates to 4207 Car Park. Mah4546 who told us about this wonders whether it's '6394 Metro Park and Service Tower reimagined' as a result of LEGO's recent request for ideas for sets to re-release (more info in the forum). It certainly comes in a big box: 58x37cm.

We know :)

Information of new set 4207 revealed in amazon.cn

http://www.amazon.cn/LEGO-%E4%B9%90%E9%AB%98-%E5%9F%8E%E5%B8%82%E7%BB%84-%E5%9F%8E%E5%B8%82%E8%BD%A6%E5%BA%93-4207/dp/B006ZS4IHC

Set name translated to English should be "City Car Park" or "City Garage"

According to the given information of box size (58.2 x 37.8 x 10.3 cm), it should be large set. (Same size as Castle 7097!)

Don't forget the dirt bike accidents :)

And diseases that can be contracted from eating sausage. (Car + Camper)

:tongue:

pix inside the twit from lego group:

is the building at right hand side the coming hospital?

& wanna know what the one is under police station. a bus stop &?

yes it's hospital 4429.

Remember that Eurobricks is not a chatroom, and that proper grammar and punctuation is expected. Thanks. :sweet:

pix inside the twit from lego group: https://twitter.com/...118430828150784

There are two interesting things in that picture, the hospital in the upper right and then some yellow and white buildings in the lower left by the Police Station. Maybe just a MOC they made for the display or it could be something else perhaps.

There is also an interesting sticker on that blue plate that shows a sign for an airport. Maybe there is a new airport set in the near future?

There are two interesting things in that picture, the hospital in the upper right and then some yellow and white buildings in the lower left by the Police Station. Maybe just a MOC they made for the display or it could be something else perhaps.

The could be part of the Car Park... maybe a toll both?

Also, as 'ramvid01' said, the airport sign is probably a hint to a 2013 Airport set. :thumbup:

That little white structure next to the yellow one is the bus stop from the TRU exclusive Public Transport set....the yellow one - I say made for the display. :wink:

At least the hospital looks much better than the last one ! :classic:

Yeah I have to agree with this assessment also going to add this in for discussion as well.

Refreshed City sets from the past possibly? :wink:

In the context of the conversation I took the comments to mean the recently revealed mining sets, but it could have included just about any following theme I guess.

WOW that car park looks COOL, it really is a new re-imagining of the Metro Park & Service Tower.

The downside is that its likely to be exclusive to Toys R Us or something here in oz and cost a FORTUNE :(

WOW that car park looks COOL, it really is a new re-imagining of the Metro Park & Service Tower.

The downside is that its likely to be exclusive to Toys R Us or something here in oz and cost a FORTUNE :(

Who cares.....I want that service tower.....pity it's not a truck stop/road house one, but any harbour in a storm I say ! :wink:

A lift like I had on those cheap plastic car parks from the 1970's, a little tow truck with workshop, a security guard office....but where are the petrol bowsers/pumps...the sign said car wash/workshop/fuel ? :look:

Oh, yeah don't forget the minivan in the lift ! :wink:

OMG ! quick edit - Look at the wheels on both the car and van that come with that car park....NOT your standard Lego chunky tyre wheels. :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Another picture of the car park (courtsy of Brickset.com):

Al127WDCAAAaCAm.jpg

I'm not that excited about the car park. My opinion is its just nothing special, and not to mention the saftey flaw; what if the minifigures forget to put the handbrake on while their cars are on the top floor... with no saftey barriers that gap for the lift goes a long way down :cry_sad::laugh:

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

If you look in the top left of this picture, we can clearly see a Rescue Copter of some sort, presumably part of the Hospital set? There is what appears to be a helipad of sorts (2 1x6 tiles or something) above the Emergency Entrance to the right of the hospital building to the right of the police station.

I was hoping they'd do the MediVac Helicopter as a separate set, leave more brick count to the Hospital itself. Looks like the typical helicopter template, really... Also looks like a vehicle or something is able to slide out of the back?

EDIT: You can also see part of its front nose and left side HERE.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Nice. This will go well with the Town Hall and all the modular buildings. My prediction is $89.99 or $99.99 USD. This has been an exciting week...

If you look in the top left of this picture, we can clearly see a Rescue Copter of some sort, presumably part of the Hospital set? There is what appears to be a helipad of sorts (2 1x6 tiles or something) above the Emergency Entrance to the right of the hospital building to the right of the police station.

I was hoping they'd do the MediVac Helicopter as a separate set, leave more brick count to the Hospital itself. Looks like the typical helicopter template, really... Also looks like a vehicle or something is able to slide out of the back?

EDIT: You can also see part of its front nose and left side HERE.

It belongs to the hospital.

It belongs to the hospital.

Sorry for not thanking you for the pics earlier! Can you get us a close-up of the Hospital itself? Any official confirmation that this is the 2012 set?

Thanks for the pictures! I think it's a nice-looking set. Even if it's really nothing more than pillars and platforms, hey, at least it's an actual BUILDING. Those are awfully hard to come by in Lego City these days ...

Sorry for not thanking you for the pics earlier! Can you get us a close-up of the Hospital itself? Any official confirmation that this is the 2012 set?

It matches the earlier pictures that were leaked.

It matches the earlier pictures that were leaked.

That is unfortunate, I was hoping it would get beefed up a little bit. Thanks for the pics, that garage is great. A very nice recreation of the old Metro Tower.