Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

Am I right in thinking this is a new mould for the stretcher? It no longer has the attachment points for stretcher wheels, instead it has stud sockets?

Had a look at the hospital and to be honest I really do like it. It looks like a huge improvement looking at the last version of the hospital.

I really hope that Lego focus on the medical/emergency sub theme in the future as its been neglected a lot with all these fire and police sets released.

Looking at the mining sets, I must say I'm loving them and cannot wait until there release!

Yes at last a new hospital. The ambulance is a little dissapointing though as it seems too small. Mining theme? Rock raiders are coming to city now. Very american styled hard hats on the miners but not much else new.

Am I right in thinking this is a new mould for the stretcher? It no longer has the attachment points for stretcher wheels, instead it has stud sockets?

It's fairly new, having been around for about a year or two now.

The mining theme is meh. The hospital is great. Love the baseplate, bench and bush. Looks somewhat classic to me :thumbup:

4 promo 2012 City sets were revealed.

30017 Police Boat

30017.jpg

30018 Police Plane

30018.jpg

30019 Fire Helicopter

30019.jpg

30150 Race Car

30150.jpg

Instructions available in LEGO.com

Instructions are up on Lego.com customer service pages.....downloading with an unlimited net till tomorrow afternoon. :grin:

I am glad to see a new Hospital however im also disapointed with its size. I would like to think its more like a emergency trama center or doctors office and the actual hospital would be released at the end of year.

Out of all the new polybags, the only one I'm gonna be picking up is the police boat, just because it's the best way to get the forest police minifigure with the new face. In my opinion, the other polybags look half-a**ed, except for the race car, which looks decent.

I find it a little disappointing to see that the "Forest" Fire sets have 3 trees in total, and Police sets have only 4 trees in total. Hmn, some forest you have there... :sceptic:

I think they just added in a few trees for an excuse to make a different, interesting new subtheme, rather than the plain old Fire and Police.

On the other hand, I guess it leaves room for MOCs. :wink:

I like the look of the mining sets, although I think I'd rather spend my money on other sets this year. The hospital is :hmpf_bad: , wayyyy too small. A modular hospital would have been beyond perfection.

Edited by HighFlyer

I've just built 4438, the Bandits' Hideout, and was pleasantly surprised at some of the parts used in it. I thought I'd let you know about it - but I don't really have the time to make a review:

The rear of the hot rod is made up of this piece, which has until now only been found in the Cars sets, and with printing. In 4438 you get a plain one, in black. Nice. Then there's obviously the new 1x2 bricks with brick pattern - eleven of them, in fact, in medium dark flesh - there are a couple of the new 2x2 round plates with four arms used for attaching branches to the tree, and a final surprise: The designers have used the fez hat as a lamp base - which I've seen in a couple of MOCs, but not in an official set before.

And then there's another detail, which I'm not quite sure what to make of. The 1x2x5 reddish brown bricks look like any other 1x2x5 bricks we've seen since they were first introduced - but the 1x1x5 is different. It's got a solid stud - which I believe is new. I can't quite work out why, though, so this might be a permanent mould change on Lego's part... there's no listing for this new variation on BrickLink.

I've just built 4438, the Bandits' Hideout, and was pleasantly surprised at some of the parts used in it. I thought I'd let you know about it - but I don't really have the time to make a review:

Ahh thank you for that L@go :classic:, I'm planning on buying that and convert it into a shed or small garage for a farm!

The rear of the hot rod is made up of this piece, which has until now only been found in the Cars sets, and with printing. In 4438 you get a plain one, in black. Nice. Then there's obviously the new 1x2 bricks with brick pattern - eleven of them, in fact, in medium dark flesh - there are a couple of the new 2x2 round plates with four arms used for attaching branches to the tree, and a final surprise: The designers have used the fez hat as a lamp base - which I've seen in a couple of MOCs, but not in an official set before.

And then there's another detail, which I'm not quite sure what to make of. The 1x2x5 reddish brown bricks look like any other 1x2x5 bricks we've seen since they were first introduced - but the 1x1x5 is different. It's got a solid stud - which I believe is new. I can't quite work out why, though, so this might be a permanent mould change on Lego's part... there's no listing for this new variation on BrickLink.

Did you buy it at a non Lego store? If yes, where?

I mentioned in the pink brick box thread but just thought I'd mention it here. There's a new criminal torso

Image3322.jpg

in set 4636 'Police building set. which is pretty good. a nice grey hoody over his convict shirt. although slightly marred by the convicts number being centered on the chest instead of being on the right partialy obscured by the hoody top. It's no biggy. the fact that there's a fifth unique criminal torso is great. Hope there are more the next time police sets are released. we're slowly getting enough to fill a prison wing. Could do with some more of the orange jumpsuit criminal like the one from World city's police HQ.

Also the pink brick box set 4625 brings us this great female torso

Image331.jpg

These are the only new torsos in the build and rebuild series of sets. Just thought City fans who don't normaly bother with creator type sets might like the info.

Did you buy it at a non Lego store? If yes, where?

Yes... in Norway - where there isn't a single Lego store. Understandable, of course, as it's so far from Denmark...

But a lot of stores have these here now. It's very strange how these sets are distributed. This one seems to be rare across the pond, while the sets that have been released in shops here so far are all of the police sets and the brush fire truck (4208). The other fire sets and the recycling truck (4206) are all available, along with the police sets, on S@H in Norway - but we don't yet have the ambulance (4431), the dirt bike transporter (4433), or the tipper truck (4434). The garbage truck (4432) and the car and caravan (4435) is available in the UK, but not in the US or here...

I don't quite get it.

Edited by L@go

Can anyone tell me (based on whatever leaked images exist) if the new City Hospital looks like it includes any new torsos, other new parts (including new printed parts) or any stickers that represent medical stuff?

I dont know how much leaked info is out there, wanna find out if I should wait for the hospital before I build my own hospital MOC or whether there is nothing new in it worth waiting for :)

Well, I went to K-Mart over the weekend, and the 2012 sets are finally in stock!! They had the ambulance, garbage truck, car and caravan, and off-road jeep, as well as the new forest police station, and police helicopter. I was only interested in the first 3, but they seem quite expensive - $29 each. I also noticed that the new sets seem to come in much smaller/thinner boxes.

Can anyone tell me (based on whatever leaked images exist) if the new City Hospital looks like it includes any new torsos, other new parts (including new printed parts) or any stickers that represent medical stuff?

I dont know how much leaked info is out there, wanna find out if I should wait for the hospital before I build my own hospital MOC or whether there is nothing new in it worth waiting for :)

I think it is too early to tell on these small details. In some of the Lord of the Rings pictures they had unpainted stand-ins for certain figures, so I'd say that even if we could see anything in these extremely preliminary images, that it could be subject to change before the set is released.

Based on set numbers, I think 4207 is going to be a City exclusive. Hopefully it'll be another Great Vehicle set that's $30 like the Garbage Truck, or even a support set for the hospital (a small emergency plane would be cool) !

Also, it's weird how 4430 was removed from the S@H on 1/20 but has since returned to the US S@H! *huh*

Edited by just2good

Reported to be from the German Toy Fair, originally from Kocke klub

2012 City Mining theme sets. Not close enough and not too impressive though... The designs seem really not good, ruining the good new idea for City theme...

Hope we will get better photos disclosed soon

nuremberg07.jpg

Judging by the German Toy Fair pictures, the new mining sets look lackluster. I'm quite disappointed that the hospital is going to be an exclusive, as it hasn't shown up at any of the Toy Fairs. It's weird how it seems like there will only be 6 City sets this summer. I hope (and it's very doubtful) that City doesn't get the axe next year. :sad:

We might see the Hospital at the New York toy fair.

The fact that the preliminary picture we have of the Hospital clearly comes from a retailer catalog means that its obviously not a store exclusive since if it was an exclusive, it wouldn't be in the retailer catalog.

I think the only mining set I like is the pick up truck in set 4200. Though it's nice to know that 'there's gold in them there Lego hills' I don't think I need a huge gold mine. What I really want to see is the minifigs. We know they have very cool hard hats with lamps on the front but are there new torsos? It looks that way from the german toyfair pic but with no close ups it's hard to tell for sure.