Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

My Toys"R"Us had a most of the new firefighter sets and I was very tempted to buy the $5 set just for the uniform. :tongue:

Well, when they become available in Oz, some of those smaller sets I'll be buy to field a CFS fire station swap red for white helmets and bingo....CFS crew (South Australia Country Fire Service). :wink:

My Toys"R"Us had a most of the new firefighter sets and I was very tempted to buy the $5 set just for the uniform. :tongue:

At my TRU, the $5.99 set is now a $6.99 set. Although that wasn't as bad as the Super Heroes sets... the $12.99 Catwoman set was $19.99. That's got to be a new record 'TRU Tax' markup percentage.

Back on topic, the reason I did buy the set was the uniform.

These look really nice! But I must say City is the theme I pay less attention to, like, most of the stuff is just being repeated throughout the years :sceptic: But the forest themed line did really good this time!

I'd like to see a more civilian based city theme: Probably a fun fair, a mall, a plaza. And of course, with less recycled mini figure pieces. by the way, the new generic city female head looks like Princess Tamina/Padme!

I wondered why this truck.....4434-1.jpg

was orange.

Today I was watching a Nat Geo Megastructure's doco on the Autobahn I saw that road repair/lightning/signals/etc., trucks were all orange.

So if that's the case, we have a road repair tipper truck, an ambulance, a 4x4 towing, a car towing and waste removal - such vehicles you find travelling or near a motorway/highway running near a forest/mountain region. :wink:

I wondered why this truck.....-snip-

was orange.

Today I was watching a Nat Geo Megastructure's doco on the Autobahn I saw that road repair/lightning/signals/etc., trucks were all orange.

So if that's the case, we have a road repair tipper truck, an ambulance, a 4x4 towing, a car towing and waste removal - such vehicles you find travelling or near a motorway/highway running near a forest/mountain region. :wink:

True German Autobahn road service trucks are mostly orange but only if they are state owned and operated, Private companies can paint the colours of there trucks as they see fit.

Also IMO it looks better then blue,gray or green!

It was nice to see the only 2012 set I'm interested in is $39.99 and not $49.99 as I feared.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robbers-Hideout-4438

It's also nice to see this hit S@H before TRU.

That is good news, as it is the only one besides the ambulance I am interested in getting either.

That said, and I apologize if this has been answered, but has a hospital for this summer ever been confirmed, or simply speculation based upon the ambulance. thanks.

That is good news, as it is the only one besides the ambulance I am interested in getting either.

That said, and I apologize if this has been answered, but has a hospital for this summer ever been confirmed, or simply speculation based upon the ambulance. thanks.

That's just speculation. There's been a rumored list of summer sets from some people who have a history of being right about these things, but there's no hospital on it. Apparently summer sets will focus on mining, which I'll assume is meant as a variation on the age-old construction subtheme in the same way LEGO reimagined the police and fire subthemes for this wave.

Well, the set count is at 17, the mining sets raise the bar to 22.....this year saw 29 sets, perhaps 'AllenSmith' saw something else eh ? :wink:

Well, the set count is at 17, the mining sets raise the bar to 22.....this year saw 29 sets, perhaps 'AllenSmith' saw something else eh ? :wink:

No hospital but there is a Town Hall in July :devil:

No, wait a minute.....Town Hall is the next modular building....are you saying we getting one in the city line up as well....man, I always hope for a new service station but a town hall would be okay I guess. :wink:

No, wait a minute.....Town Hall is the next modular building....are you saying we getting one in the city line up as well....man, I always hope for a new service station but a town hall would be okay I guess. :wink:

oppps my mistake, is modular set :wacko:

Well crap, that is what our town needs, and I refuse to pay the tremendous price for the old one, that quite honestly, isn't that cool.

We might get a hospital for the summer releases?

Although we've not had a new fire station for a few months so might end up with another one of those first! :hmpf::laugh:

That set is awesome, but 400+ pieces and a boat hull? I'm afraid this is going to cost as much as the Bank and Money Transfer set. Hopefully it clocks in closer to $35-$40... but the Marina is 100 less pieces and has an MSRP of $50 (although it did come with two extra minifigs), so I'm thinking $50 on this set.

Good news, it's actually going to be a $40 set! See here on Shop @ Home.

Very soon we'll get the preliminary pictures of the summer sets 2012. Coming soon!!!

It was nice to see the only 2012 set I'm interested in is $39.99 and not $49.99 as I feared.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Robbers-Hideout-4438

It's also nice to see this hit S@H before TRU.

I hadn't noticed this set before. I try only pick up certain City sets that have a special appeal to me. That robbers hideout is a must get. Finally, we have a place they can hang out and scheme. I really want that hot rod and bear as well. I'm glad the bear is in another set other than the Forest Police Station.

Normally, I only get police sets that feature some kind of civilian items like the Money Transfer, Police Chase, etc, but I am just smitten with the Robbers Hideout. I'm sure it will be a very popular set.

That hospital looks pretty nice, as does the new construction theme. 2012 is shaping up to be really good for Lego!

I don't really care for the Excavation/Mine sub-theme, but I do love the hospital! Like everyone else, I've been anticipating the release of a new hospital for years!