Klaus-Dieter

2012 City sets

As everyone is saying, the fire and police sets are neither here not there, I don't rate the ambulance, looks very american, the bin lorry looks spot on, very English "Dennis" design, I really like the road work truck, would have been nice if it were towing a trailer which was either a generator/compressor or had a small digger on the trailer, but it can be modified, the Range rover is much like the horse box one from a few years ago, a nice looking set, and the caravan looks ok, but the car pulling it looks a bit n the small side?

Most importantly, is that a Dark Green bicycle with the ambulance set? I think thats a new colour?

Most importantly, is that a Dark Green bicycle with the ambulance set? I think thats a new colour?

No, it's the same as the one that came with 8404 TRU public transport set.

Lucky, I saved them.....eh ? :wink:

As everyone is saying, the fire and police sets are neither here not there, I don't rate the ambulance, looks very american, the bin lorry looks spot on, very English "Dennis" design, I really like the road work truck, would have been nice if it were towing a trailer which was either a generator/compressor or had a small digger on the trailer, but it can be modified, the Range rover is much like the horse box one from a few years ago, a nice looking set, and the caravan looks ok, but the car pulling it looks a bit n the small side?

I was thinking the garbage truck looks more like a Mercedes Econic. I agree that a trailer with the truck would've been nice, but it would've raised the price substantially. Based on the set sizes, I'm guessing that they'll all be at similar pricepoints. It does look like a dark green bike to me, too.

Remember, this is a discussion thread, not a place to ask for pictures to be sent to you. If you didn't get to see them now, you'll have a good idea of what they look like from others' descriptions, and hopefully more images will appear in the not too distant future.

Edited by Ricecracker

Please dont patronise members. You may be a moderator but that last sentence is so crass it makes me seethe. :angry:

Please dont patronise members. You may be a moderator but that last sentence is so crass it makes me seethe. :angry:

There might be reason for him to write that, say a legal one.

Anyway, my computer crashed just five minutes ago.....yep, lost the vehicles page....dam, I was going to start scratch-building trucks....oh, well.... :blush: (Yay, for Windows 7 :hmpf_bad: .....prefer XP)

Just seen the pics, their still out there. :classic:

I am too stupid to find them I suppose... :sceptic: I only pass by those usual suspects, the SW, Dino and whatsoever pages. I only saw the Fire page and I have to say .. yucks.. the fire truck is somewhat nice but has very classic design. No offense, but that is how 12 year olds would build one. Lego was so advanced with their SNOT trucks and now this? I seriously hope the other trucks will be better, otherwise the years old cement mixer will be the peak of their truck design I am afraid.

If anyone could give a hint with what words where to look, that'd be splendid. Flickr and BS don't respond to me... :cry_sad:

EDIT: Ah - found them!

Edited by Zzz

You're right. I can see how one might've interpreted it that way. I've modified my post to better convey the message.

Let's get back to discussing City. :classic:

I am too stupid to find them I suppose... :sceptic: I only pass by those usual suspects, the SW, Dino and whatsoever pages. I only saw the Fire page and I have to say .. yucks.. the fire truck is somewhat nice but has very classic design. No offense, but that is how 12 year olds would build one. Lego was so advanced with their SNOT trucks and now this? I seriously hope the other trucks will be better, otherwise the years old cement mixer will be the peak of their truck design I am afraid.

If anyone could give a hint with what words where to look, that'd be splendid. Flickr and BS don't respond to me... :cry_sad:

EDIT: Ah - found them!

Can you please let me find them too? I need pics 75 and up :-)

Thanks!

I have them all in a zip file if anyone wants them emailing to them, they are well worth the look as I like the look of the new Dino sets and Fire sets.

I have them all in a zip file if anyone wants them emailing to them, they are well worth the look as I like the look of the new Dino sets and Fire sets.

If you have pics 75-83 please email the to me. Thanks :classic:

Hh

Forest police:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mr-Z/Temp/lego_itp_076.jpg

Generic vehicles:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Mr-Z/Temp/lego_itp_077.jpg

I'm impressed with 2012's sets. I am dissapointed its more fire and police, but the rural themeing to them is great. My biggest complaint is that the forest police sets are blue and white, instead of going with maybe a green/white or brown/white ranger theme. But they at least have cool new forest-themed uniforms.

Love the wheelbarrow and love the motorcycle transport.

The links don't seem to be working for me

Brickshelf and "2012" were my friends, and they can soon be yours : )

Police is terrible, junorised junk. It's that terrible, yes. No offense, if you like them, I am not the rain on your parade, but for me this is just a kick in my face.

The other vehicles are not half bad. Especially the orange truck (with some more orange pieces hopefully) and the 4WD with motorbikes are nice.

Could you send me them too, PM me for my email :)

oh I saw them is that a dark green bike in the ambulance set??? :wub:

or is it just a regular green bike but with a lighting thing?

wheelbarrow in the tipper truck!! Nice I think I will pick up all but the offroad one.

EDIT:

Yes like LT pointed out there is a good ratio of female figs in the sets. :thumbup:

The forest police station is growing on me and I am consider picking it up for all those useful elements and bear :laugh:

I also live the "Gold Mine" sticker reminds me of WW, a hint maybe? lol

The one thing I noticed is missing are the Garbage Truck and the Log Cain sets. Retailer exclusives I guess is the reason.

Edited by Macoco

I've now seen the pics and I got to say I'm very impressed mostly but I'm not one to give my thoughts on each set. All I want for my city though is a hospital and TLG just won't give me that. :hmpf_bad:

*cough*

Look at the new molded brick along the bottom of the police/ranger station!

Thanks for the link 'derek' and I already pointed out the brick earlier on, I hope these come out in white, black and all the greys....nice to trim city buildings and even modulars with.

It seems like 2012 will be the year of the 6 wide SUVs and Pick-up trucks, much like the one in the horse trailer set from the farm theme. I think they look awesome, but wonder how they'll look next to a fire truck or semi. I guess it might be time to MOC some eight wide trucks... but then I'll have to make my buildings bigger so that the trucks aren't bigger than the buildings... oh dear - now look what you've made me do LEGO! :laugh:

Here are my thoughts

Fire:

The airplane set seems a lot like the helicopter set from the last wave, I wonder if parents will skip over it in the store not realizing it is a new model. I love the Jeep in that set, though. I used to own a Jeep and that is a very good likeness. This may be a set I have to buy just for the Jeep.

I wish the firetruck were more Americanized. Why can't LEGO just once give us an American style fire truck? I may pick it up for parts, but it's low on my want list.

The ATV looks like a nice small set, probably pick up a few of those.

Police:

The police station is a must buy. I like the helicopter in that set, reminds me of the one from the Helicopter transport - much like an old Bell 47 open cockpit (think M.A.S.H.). The SUV is also nice, as is the ATV for the crook. The police station itself is growing on me. It wasn't what I expected, but I like the roof and the deck above the garage area. Of course the bear may be the coolest part of the set! I think this set will be much less than the current police station. It doesn't have any garage doors, it's much smaller... I'm thinking $60 instead of the $100 for the current police station.

The Chinook and Gator (that's what the 6 wheeler reminds me of, just move the front wheels up a bit) - This is a very nice looking helicopter, but I'm not sure my police need a Chinook. But yet, maybe I need a Chinook. This one is tempting. Much better than the one that came with the old 10159 airport.

The police car and the K9 van are okay. I'm a sucker for small vehicle sets, so I'll probably pick them up for the parts if nothing else. The best thing about the K9 set is probably the crook's car. Something about the police car reminds me of a VW Bug.

I like the crook's pickup in the set with the police ATV. Have to get used to 6 wide pickups though. I love the front bumper and the light bar on the roof... and really love those new fenders!

Vehicle sets

These are all incredible! I was hoping for an American style ambulance with the cab narrower than the back, but this looks much nicer than the last LEGO ambulance. Reminds me of a Mercedes Sprinter Ambulance. Our local ambulance service had one of those but the most recent rigs they've bought weren't that style. I'm sure they prefer the more roomy style they were used to.

The Sanitation Truck doesn't seem all that different from the last one. I wonder if they fixed the problem with the back falling apart due to the weight hanging down from the roof. Is this style truck still used anywhere? Most I see are side loaders or front loaders now.

The Highway truck looks awesome - love the wheelbarrow and more construction barriers are always good. I might pick up a a few of this set.

Love the motorcyle trailer set - nice truck and drawers instead of doors on the cabinets!

Camper set - Finally a car that isn't red! Too bad we didn't get any car doors. I'm not sure I like the front of the camper, that windshield piece just looks odd. But I know my daughter is going to love this set, especially if it has a good interior.

Overall 2012 looks like it is going to be an expensive year for LEGO City. I like the direction with these vehicles, finally we get something other than police cars and fire trucks for our LEGO City. Let's hope that line continues on for quite a while. The police sets are a nice change. I never thought I'd want more LEGO police, but these are different enough to intrigue me. The Fire sets are probably the weakest, but there's enough of interest there that I'll probably pick up a few of them for parts if nothing else.

Sorry to those who didn't see pics.

My thoughts:

Vehicles: These look great! Have to get them all. The ambulane is much better than the last one. The Garbage Truck looks alot like the old recycle truck, but that is my only complaint with that line.

Police: That helicopter (I really don't care what it is called) is great. I'm so glad I didn't get this years helicopter. The other sets look too similar to other sets. However, if the prices are low, I might pick up a few.

Fire: The plane looks nice, but it isn't something I'll buy. The other 2 sets are nice touches. Might pick them up.

Thanks for the pics. 2012 sounds like a great year! :classic:

Wait a minute, drawers on the trailer with the bikes.....tools in their hands.....drawers for tool storage ? I wonder where they might have got that idea from eh ? :wink: (I have been doing that for almost two years with my trucks and workshop MOC's)

The "Dirt Bike Transporter" is reminiscent of a certain Lego Town product (Lego 6644) back in the 90s, but the new ones have been remade to include realistic-looking dirt bikes, a bigger car and two figures.

The "Camper Van" looks identical to the Lego 2010/2011 set, but it is much smaller. :D