Lord Of The Fries

[MOC] A Small Slice of Tatooine

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version Is Better?

• The 1st version
    • The 2nd version

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hey guys.

This is my latest MOC and is also for ACPin's Community Build (check it out here).

I had to make a scene from SW Episode IV A New Hope, so I decided to build something on Tatooine. I then soon realised that I don't have many Tatooine themed minifigures, so I then made up my mind that I was going to build Micro!

This is about the 3rd time I've built something Micro, so it was a bit challenging but I still built it with success :grin: .

Enough talk, lets get started :laugh: :

The Front:

6010532603_cbecd523ea_z.jpg

Here you can see that R2 is made out of a white stud with a blue stud above it and the base of this piece in light bley on top of both studs. You can also see that 3PO is just a Collectible minifigures golden trophy.

The Side:

6011080608_e7ce8b8178_z.jpg

The side of this micro beauty :laugh: .

The Other Side:

6011080830_027872d6df_z.jpg

Just showing the other side.

And that's it and I hope you enjoyed it :grin: .

EDIT: I have made a second version of this Micro MOC.

I have made a second version of this, because of a couple reasons:

1. R2 was too tall

2. I wasn't happy with the first version and thought it could be improved.

Here we go (again :grin: ).

Main View:

6013248509_da38d27b85_z.jpg

Here you can see that I have taken the blue stud of R2 to make him shorter. C-3PO is still the same.

Front On View:

6013796574_9aa9e2fed7_z.jpg

Just afront on view :classic: .

Reference Pic:

6013270401_2f73dcc6fe.jpg

Showing the resemblance (If there is any :grin: ) between my MOC and the actual scene.

Side Shot:

6013248789_f4dffa1c6e_z.jpg

A side shot of my MOC.

I hope you liked my second version!

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

LOL I love it ! It's simple in execution, ( as a lot of micro models are) but depicts the scene perfectly. The use of the trophy figure is inspired!

Great job

Kaitan

A very cool little scene Lord Of The Fries, instantly recognisable and very clever.

Very nice MOC, I really like the way you have build the droids at this scale :thumbup:

The 1x1 round brick is a bit too small for both droids, though.

Edited by Emperor

Nice, little MOC to start off the community build. And it looks like we were both thinking of the same scene except in different scales! :laugh:

AC

A nice addition to the community build , I hope that I can come up with something equally good ... Nice work Lord of the Fries ....

Now, if you could just put some tan tiles on those "steps"...

Sorry, I wanted them to look like a slope without using tan cheesers (seeing as I have none) but it turns out i failed :blush: .

Also, I don't have any light tan tiles but I have alot of 2x2 dark tan tiles from PoP :wink: .

EDIT: I don't event think there are Tan cheesers :blush: .

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

Sorry, I wanted them to look like a slope without using tan cheesers (seeing as I have none) but it turns out i failed :blush: .

Also, I don't have any light tan tiles but I have alot of 2x2 dark tan tiles from PoP :wink: .

EDIT: I don't event think there are Tan cheesers :blush: .

There are tan cheesers, actually. I was just talkin bout flat tan tiles. Tan is kind of a rare color unless you special-order parts (which I've done before).

Tan is kind of a rare color unless you special-order parts (which I've done before).

Of you can just buy the Tower Bridge and have enough Tan Cheese for about fifty of these vigs. :tongue: Edited by Brickdoctor