Sign in to follow this  
oo7

A Caribbean Port

It looks more like a pirate port to me, but that's your'e choice, the buildings look good, as for the dock. The tavern without wall and roof looks a bit strange too me, no wall is okay but no roof? you can make a roof what you can take of the building, also allows playability, no roof seems quite strange to me...

Arrr

Mr Tiber

I've always wondered how this base plate would work for a Pirate MOC and here is the answer!

It needs Imperial Guards though because the structures look like their architecture, or have I gone off on my "authentic LEGO design" tangent again?

I've always wondered how this base plate would work for a Pirate MOC and here is the answer!

This isn't pirate related, but our fellow EB member Big Daddy has brilliantly incorporated this baseplate into his very clever Sunny Shores Retierment Home.

It needs Imperial Guards though because the structures look like their architecture, or have I gone off on my "authentic LEGO design" tangent again?

Yep, giving this fort an "authentic LEGO design" was my target. I hope to buy an Imperial Trading Post of Ebay real soon so I can not only get minifigs for this port but I can get a Imperial Guard Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks more like a pirate port to me

Wha??? Pirates don't own the port but I'm sure there are a few of them who snoop around wreaking havock, but nomatter who owns it or inhabbits it is still a Caribbean port.

yeah id say pirate port cause it's too small for me to dock any of my ships at lol

Ports aren't meant to dock a big ship, drop anchor from a safe distance, so nobody who you don't wish to come a board comes a board, and then put yourself and your men(to row the boat) on a boat so they can row to the port...

True story....

True story.....

LOL love that but yes i realize thatand some ports do dock ship just more on the brig anf frigate side of things.

Those ports are usually in cities though... or large trading establishments

what set is that baseplate from?

Its a nice small island (?) and looks like it has good playability. that and i like to drink, so taverns are nice.

I think the house should have roof, and the guard shouldn't be a monk.

In any case is an original MOC and despite that mistakes i like it. It appears to be a port of middle ages, and i'd like to know one thing about the base: from what Lego theme it comes?

Admiral Starwind, number 1; the water here is to shallow for a ship to dock so like Mr. Tiber said, you row ashore and number 2; the pirate ships are bigger than the Imperial ships in the first place! Sorry I didn't mention this earlier but like Mr. SkaForHire pionted out ports are large esablishments so I guess this is only some of a port, so I imagine there might be a bigger dock elsewhere.

Mr. Phes, if when you say "gray peices" you mean the dark gray balcony peice the answer is no because that is only in one set, Cannon Cove, which I do not plan to buy in the near future.

SkaForHire, This base plate is from the horrendously junorized 2003 World City set Coast watch HQ, what the heck I'll be nice and give you a pic:

B0000DJX3U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I imagine this on a big island like cuba or the coast of Mexico or Florida, although I'm not sure if you would cal that The Caribbean :-/ , but no small island. You say it has good playibility now, it will have ten times as much when I get some Imperials with muskets, pistils, and swords *skull* ! (Oh and kegs of rum too!) Muahahahaha

Mr. Tiber- The Monk isn't the guard, he's just an inocent passerby :-D ! If a monk was a guard of a fort in times of battle he would be kicked out of his monestary or what have you!

Thank you to everyone for your comments! *y*

Admiral Starwind, number 1; the water here is to shallow for a ship to dock so like Mr. Tiber said, you row ashore and number 2; the pirate ships are bigger than the Imperial ships in the first place! Sorry I didn't mention this earlier but like Mr. SkaForHire pionted out ports are large esablishments so I guess this is only some of a port, so I imagine there might be a bigger dock elsewhere.

Mr. Phes, if when you say "gray peices" you mean the dark gray balcony peice the answer is no because that is only in one set, Cannon Cove, which I do not plan to buy in the near future.

SkaForHire, This base plate is from the horrendously junorized 2003 World City set Coast watch HQ, what the heck I'll be nice and give you a pic:

B0000DJX3U.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I imagine this on a big island like cuba or the coast of Mexico or Florida, although I'm not sure if you would cal that The Caribbean :-/ , but no small island. You say it has good playibility now, it will have ten times as much when I get some Imperials with muskets, pistils, and swords *skull* ! (Oh and kegs of rum too!) Muahahahaha

Mr. Tiber- The Monk isn't the guard, he's just an inocent passerby :-D ! If a monk was a guard of a fort in times of battle he would be kicked out of his monestary or what have you!

Thank you to everyone for your comments! *y*

Ug this is an awful set, i am glad you salvaged something from it lol.

now that i see the baseplate, i see it only has one side water, so i guess it wasn't an island lol. It looks like it could be part of a larger establishment, like a coastal town or fishing villiage if you wanted to build the rest, it looks big enough to serve a local population, and perhaps have some pirates stop in for a quick drink via small craft or row boat. When the imperials arive, they better look out though! lol.

good use of an otherwise bad piece!

that baseplate is just terrible. it looks so un-LEGOish to me. definitely needs more studs. i do commend you for attempting something on it though !!! well done.

i find this plate is much friendlier as an imperial baseplate. and its huge too 8-

that baseplate is just terrible. it looks so un-LEGOish to me. definitely needs more studs. i do commend you for attempting something on it though !!! well done.

i find this plate is much friendlier as an imperial baseplate. and its huge too 8-

I havn't built a MOC in months, and all my LEGO are stored away, but I would bring them out to be able to moc on this beautiful base plate, good job!

If I had that baseplate, I would do something very much like this. *y*

The color is perfect for forts within the Spanish Main.

I would definatly add a roof. You could get away with large flat black plate or two, and place a few 1x1 round plates along the top of the wall for easy removal.

Brickminer, yes that baseplate is nice, but the set it comes with looks stupid. I think this baseplate is easier to moc on then some people seem to think, the only snot part is the stairs and narrow walkway, and you counldn't build much of anythinh there in the first place. Our fellow EB member, Big Daddy, has brilliantly used this base plate in his Sunny Shores Retirement Home.

SkaForHire, I am looking forward to when you post this moc, is this fortress also grey stone?

Mr. Syedow, What a beautiful picture, it remides me of this moc too!

Ghoulrealm, Do you think I should make a peaked red roof like the official pirate sets or would a flat black roof look just as good?

Thanks yet again for zee input everyone.

Brickminer, yes that baseplate is nice, but the set it comes with looks stupid. I think this baseplate is easier to moc on then some people seem to think, the only snot part is the stairs and narrow walkway, and you counldn't build much of anythinh there in the first place. Our fellow EB member, Big Daddy, has brilliantly used this base plate in his Sunny Shores Retirement Home.

SkaForHire, I am looking forward to when you post this moc, is this fortress also grey stone?

Mr. Syedow, What a buitiful picture, it remids me of this moc too!

Ghoulrealm, Do you think I should make a peaked red roof like the official pirate sets or would a flat black roof look just as good?

Thanks yet again for zee input everyone.

I wish it was grey stone... the govenor has requisitioned all grey pieces for his own fortress, so red beard's fortress has been done in mostly tans and browns, i guess it is made out of sandstone or something. lol. I just had alot from the original set to use. I am still having trouble figuring out a door system for it, and am running out of tan to complete it. but it should be done next week probably.