BaronSat

[MOC] "Micro Collection" Death Star Compactor

Beautiful! What a great playset, BaronSat. This is so nicely made, and I'm sure it gives hours of fun. You have much better production values than the original Kenner toy. This sets the benchmark for Lego's playsets now!

:classic:

Great job! This goes very nicely with your previous Death Star MOC. If only TLG would give us playsets this good!

I agree completely. Excellent work!!

...Generally when I show some pics of my models to people from these shops, they just say : "Oh, yes, not bad". A reaction that is so different from the ones I got here or on others forums, that it's very funny. :laugh: ...

Unbelievable, how can people not see how neat a build such like this is. :sceptic:

I'm really wondering if people have any idea how much skills and effort ik takes to make a nice MOC...

oh2.gif ...... THAT'S AMAZING !!!! It's by far the best death star approach I've ever seen .... Congratulations BaronSat !

Fantastic work BaronSat! These creations are so much fun to look at and of course, come with a great pinch of nostalgia. Anyone looking to creat dioramas or playsets should definately look up your work for ideas and inspiration.

Thanks for sharing this with us. :wink:

To everybody : thanks guys, I'm pleased you have fun with my work.

So I think it's time for me to publish the photos of the two sets together now.

Unbelievable, how can people not see how neat a build such like this is. :sceptic:

I'm really wondering if people have any idea how much skills and effort ik takes to make a nice MOC...

I think they just don't know the Lego bricks as well as us, poor people they are just ANFOL (Adult Not Fan of Lego), it's sad :tongue:

That and the fact people generally can't understand (or don't want to believe... not like Mulder) it's possible to build something with Lego bricks without any instructions! Hard to believe for our community but I'm sure that must happen to many builders here, am I wrong?

BaronSat will they be any more of these toy to Lego remakes in the near future, and do you take the old ones apart to build the new ones?

BaronSat will they be any more of these toy to Lego remakes in the near future, and do you take the old ones apart to build the new ones?

Probably. Yes, but I'll modelize them for my archives and maybe some future use.

To everybody : thanks guys, I'm pleased you have fun with my work.

So I think it's time for me to publish the photos of the two sets together now.

I think they just don't know the Lego bricks as well as us, poor people they are just ANFOL (Adult Not Fan of Lego), it's sad :tongue:

That and the fact people generally can't understand (or don't want to believe... not like Mulder) it's possible to build something with Lego bricks without any instructions! Hard to believe for our community but I'm sure that must happen to many builders here, am I wrong?

True! Today I read a Lego thread on a non-lego forum and most people just collect Lego but never MOC anything. There was one guy who tried to make some kind of spaceship, and he wrote that it was way harder than he thought it was! So yeah, I guess MOC'ing AFOL's are one of it's kind. :tongue: