BaronSat

[MOC] "Micro Collection" Death Star Compactor

Once again, excellent work, BaronSat!

I quite concur :thumbup:. This is so much better than the original toy BaronSat.

Wow, this makes me wish I was a kid again, because this just kicks 'the behind' as a playset.

Beautiful rendition BaronSat!

(off topic: Well, 'a.s.s.' = megablocks, interesting censorship of words, so I went for 'the behind'. I thought this was a 18over forum, but I guess political correctness is taking over the world, or someone is just having fun :laugh:, really doesn't matter anyway!)

That looks great, I love the bits of yellow, they just look right. I appreciate the minifig sized walls and whatnot, it makes it look very believable.

Nice work BaronSat

Great job! This goes very nicely with your previous Death Star MOC. If only TLG would give us playsets this good!

That is incredible! Good job. The detailing is brilliant. I seem to remember playing with the original ( or something like it) all those years ago.

*oh2* ... STUNNING! Absolutely amazing!

I love it! Incredible. As a fan of the Micro Collection and a fan of Lego this is right up my Alley. Any chance you might do the Hoth Micro Collection someday?

Just brilliant. When I saw the first MOC I noticed that it was only half done, now you have compeated the hole set. Geat job :thumbup:

Thanks guys I'm pleased to see my work bring back some good memories and fun.

I quite concur :thumbup:. This is so much better than the original toy BaronSat.

The original toy is 30 years old but still going strong in my opinion.

I love the snot, great job. Can we have a picture with the first one please.

Coming very soon.

Great job, Baronsat! I especially like the snot lighting on the back of the elevator shaft.

Thanks. I get the idea from Mr ACPin. Don't know if he create the process or get the idea from some other builder (???) but it works fine here. So thanks Mr ACPin :wink:

Wow, this makes me wish I was a kid again, because this just kicks 'the behind' as a playset.

Beautiful rendition BaronSat!

If you're reading this and buy Lego boxes regularly, that means you're still a kid... like all of us :laugh:

That looks great, I love the bits of yellow, they just look right. I appreciate the minifig sized walls and whatnot, it makes it look very believable.

Nice work BaronSat

Thanks. Yes not all of us have tons of brick to build a complete Death Star so this Kenner's concept is very efficient in this case.

Great job! This goes very nicely with your previous Death Star MOC. If only TLG would give us playsets this good!

Thanks. I'm sure builders at TLC would love too but they have to build models at affordable prices. Poor guys... :laugh:

That is incredible! Good job. The detailing is brilliant. I seem to remember playing with the original ( or something like it) all those years ago.

Thanks. I was still playing... er I mean studying this toy only a few days ago :blush:

I love it! Incredible. As a fan of the Micro Collection and a fan of Lego this is right up my Alley. Any chance you might do the Hoth Micro Collection someday?

Thanks. Very probably but Bespin will comes first.

Very, very nice! :thumbup:

A classic scene and this is actually the first MOC I've seen of it.

Thanks. I'm not surprised it's the first one you see as the Kenner Micro Collection is really vintage and not very popular back in the days. Now things are a bit different because the scale is the same than the one of the SW Miniatures game!

Another jawdropping remake from you. :stunned:

Nice work as usual BaronSat - I wonder though, do you display these models in official places or at events?

Once again, that is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you represent the actual toys in such a clean way with Lego. Great stuff!

Another jawdropping remake from you. :stunned:

Nice work as usual BaronSat - I wonder though, do you display these models in official places or at events?

Thanks.

No these models are just on display in my home, but you must know that in the city where I live there are no shops (toyshop, game shop, comic shop) interested in displaying my models.

Generally when I show some pics of my models to people from these shops, they just say : "Oh, yes, not bad". A reaction that is so different from the ones I got here or on others forums, that it's very funny. :laugh:

As for events, I have so far involved only small local exhibitions some times ago.

Once again, that is absolutely gorgeous. I love how you represent the actual toys in such a clean way with Lego. Great stuff!

Thanks. That's one of things I like in Lego bricks, building a toy with ... a toy. :wacko:

Generally when I show some pics of my models to people from these shops, they just say : "Oh, yes, not bad". A reaction that is so different from the ones I got here or on others forums, that it's very funny. :laugh:

Do you live in Paris to get so un-excited reactions ?

I really love the snot building here, it renders perfectly that death star feeling I had by watching ep IV as a kid. Everything is shiny :wub_drool:

Do you live in Paris to get so un-excited reactions ?

I really love the snot building here, it renders perfectly that death star feeling I had by watching ep IV as a kid. Everything is shiny :wub_drool:

:laugh: No, I live in Bordeaux, but it sounds things are the same or even worse in Paris? Are people jaded there?

... not all of them apparently :wink: . Thanks.

This is a great MOC of one of my Favorite toys as a child, the only thing your missing is that terrible foam they used for the trash :classic:

GREAT WORK!!!

This is a great MOC of one of my Favorite toys as a child, the only thing your missing is that terrible foam they used for the trash :classic:

GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks.

One more Micro Collection fan, we should unite and ask Hasbro to resurrect that Kenner line in modern vintage boxes...

Yes, I voluntarily forgot to put the orange foam, too ugly and I wanted to show the compactor interior.