djmangunz

The Avengers Assemble!

Yeah, I think she's a little too jiggly to master the character. I don't want to discriminate based on looks, but I doubt any EB members would accept me as a professional athlete in a film either.

The voluptuous Johanson is not a great choice for a sleek, lithe spy like the Widow, and a seeming casting misfire right from the start.

Lithe?

Look here.

Lithe?

Look here.

I just ignore the last 20 years of Marvel continuity, even when I read the stuff I like, like Brubaker's Captain America (which had lots of Black Widow!).

Since the 90's, every woman in the Marvel universe has had DDD breasts, and it's embarrassing to read, which is one reason I don't read much of their stuff any more. If I cared for modern Marvel, I'd have to consider Wolverine and Spider-man as Avengers, which totally goes against their characters for most of their existence, though for Wolverine, maybe it's coming to half of their existence. Better to remember what made them all great, rather than sully them with the marketing which defines their existence now, at least for me.

As for Scarlet Johanson, I think she's a decent actress, but this isn't an ideal role for her. I'd rather have seen a slender actress, like Kate Beckinsale, take the role from the start. Someone that looks like they can do back flips without messing their hair.

Kevin Feige Talks THOR 2, CAPTAIN AMERICA 2, IRON MAN 3, the AVENGERS Sequel, 2014 and 2015 Releases, Another HULK Sequel, and a Lot More!

Interesting article on Collider. If you are a Marvel fan in general I would suggest you take time and read the entire interview.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

Anyone else watch the live stream of the premier on youtube? I thought it was really cool!

"Hey Robert, can you say your marvel your universe for the fans?"

"....Marvel...............you have superpowers" *walks away*

:laugh:

Early review by one of my favorite YouTube film critics, CaliCriticReviews! :sweet: There aren't really any spoilers in the review, except for a little bit about the exposition and the characters.

I know I don't usually post in this thread, but The Avengers is the number 1 film I'm hyping for this year! It even beats out the Pixar film of this year, Brave (that's my number 2 choice, though :laugh: )

Edited by just2good

I would put a bet on that giant-wormy thing (like the worm in the worst film ever Transformers 3) being the "Midguard Serpent". I don't even know if Marvel comics has one, but viking mythology certainly does.

I wonder if another Marvel character will have a cameo (Like the rumoured, Spider-Man)? It's gonna have to be one of those films where you wait till the end of the credits. :grin:

Why would Spidey have a cameo in Avengers? Sony has the rights to him. :sceptic: Personally, I hope it will be a character from the next Avengers film, which I hope will either be Black Panther or Ant Man. I'll be very disappointed if they don't show up in the sequel.

Why would Spidey have a cameo in Avengers? Sony has the rights to him. :sceptic: Personally, I hope it will be a character from the next Avengers film, which I hope will either be Black Panther or Ant Man. I'll be very disappointed if they don't show up in the sequel.

One of the actors, sometime last year, alluded to Spider-Man in the Avengers. However, this raises two problems, one being that as you've said, Spidey is owned by Sony, secondly, Spider-Man joins the Avengers later on in the comics.

Also, I've just found this.

No Spidey folks, nothing to see here...

I too would LOVE to see Ant-Man. Or, THANOS! But the latter's highly unlikely.

I hope this hasn't already been posted, couldn't see it anywhere... there's a really good clip over at apple trailers... "The Face Off"

I've seen it before, really good trailer too!, but I don't know if it's been posted here. :sweet:

Good pics of the villains have arrived! They're called "Chitauri".

1334771800_avengers_chitauri_select_figure1.jpg

Second one below-v

http://articulationtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Loki%E2%80%99s+Ar...jpg

EDIT by Pandora: I've turned the second (very large) picture into a link, as the page will still need to load the pics even though they are in spoiler tags.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

I disagree. They're pretty spot-on, but could be more armored Since they're missing the leg protection.

Good to finally have a name for them. A quick google search reveals that Chitauri are an alternate version of the Skrulls, so I guess assuming that they were Skrulls wasn't all that wrong. :classic:

Just saw the Avengers and it was freaking awesome. So much to discuss but need to wait until more people have seen it. The characters though get alot of time to shine. Very happy and now I will really check out the Lego sets!

Just saw the Avengers and it was freaking awesome. So much to discuss but need to wait until more people have seen it. The characters though get alot of time to shine. Very happy and now I will really check out the Lego sets!

:drool: How did you manage to score a preview?! Good on you, dude! :thumbup:

:drool: How did you manage to score a preview?! Good on you, dude! :thumbup:

I live in Australia and it was released here yesterday. Half the world seems to get it before America does

Oh and make sure you stay through the credits guys

I live in Australia and it was released here yesterday. Half the world seems to get it before America does

Why would I? Marvel movies never have secret clips. :sarcasm::tongue:

:cry_sad:

Wait, there's more to the series?!? I thought they were getting all of the superheroes together so they could kill them all off at once and end the series! :sarcasm_smug:

I've just seen 'The Avengers' movie. I wasn't blown away by it. Iron man 1 & 2 are still the best Marvel movies I've seen. There were a couple of witty and funny quotes and references to other major film franchises (without spoiling too much).

Those who will see it will know what I mean of course.] :sweet:

The film soundtrack was of course epic but there were too many 'dead' moments as I like to call it. The consequence was that the entire plot had to round up in the last 15 minutes which I wished could have been longer. The last half hour was without a doubt the best part of the movie. :sceptic:

Don't get me wrong here, it's a pretty good action flick but I guess I expected too much because of all the hyping, advertising, etc.

I still find it weird that the major fanbase (living in the USA) must wait longer to watch the movie.

Note: Stay when the credits role, there is an extra scene but since I'm not a diehard fan I didn't conclude much out of it.

I'm still eager to buy at least 2 Avengers sets though (the Cpt. America & the Loki's CCE set.) :thumbup:

I've just seen 'The Avengers' movie. I wasn't blown away by it. Iron man 1 & 2 are still the best Marvel movies I've seen. There were a couple of witty and funny quotes and references to other major film franchises (without spoiling too much).

Those who will see it will know what I mean of course.] :sweet:

The film soundtrack was of course epic but there were too many 'dead' moments as I like to call it. The consequence was that the entire plot had to round up in the last 15 minutes which I wished could have been longer. The last half hour was without a doubt the best part of the movie. :sceptic:

Don't get me wrong here, it's a pretty good action flick but I guess I expected too much because of all the hyping, advertising, etc.

I still find it weird that the major fanbase (living in the USA) must wait longer to watch the movie.

Note: Stay when the credits role, there is an extra scene but since I'm not a diehard fan I didn't conclude much out of it.

I'm still eager to buy at least 2 Avengers sets though (the Cpt. America & the Loki's CCE set.) :thumbup:

Yeah I agree with you totally. And you'll probably get your head bitten off from saying it as I have on other boards. But it hasn't stopped me from buying more sets. I picked up 2 more hulks taking my total to 10. Will post pics of all 10 when they arrive.

I've just seen 'The Avengers' movie.

*snip, lots of talking*

This belongs in the thread about the movie. Please only talk about the sets in the Licensed thread.

Yeah I agree with you totally. And you'll probably get your head bitten off from saying it as I have on other boards. But it hasn't stopped me from buying more sets. I picked up 2 more hulks taking my total to 10. Will post pics of all 10 when they arrive.

Question: Why do you want want 10 Incredible Hulk figures?? :wacko:

Question: Why do you want want 10 Incredible Hulk figures?? :wacko:

Well, because I can. Simple as that. I know it sound arrogant but it's the way it is.

This belongs in the thread about the movie. Please only talk about the sets in the Licensed thread.

Sorry, didn't even know there was a multimedia section on this website :tongue:

Sorry, didn't even know there was a multimedia section on this website :tongue:

Than maybe you should look around the site and see what else you're missing.