djmangunz

The Avengers Assemble!

"I have an army!"

"We have a Hulk."

Best comeback ever! :laugh:

I thought exactly that while viewing the trailer! :laugh:

This looks to be one of the best movies in a while. Black Widow is :wub_drool: . :grin_wub:

During the Avengers tweet Q&A Tom Hiddleston write: By the way… IN THE END, IT WILL BE EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF.And if rumors are to be believed it sounds like Iron Man 3 will touch on the Superhuman Registration Act and the beginnings of the Civil War series where Cap and Shell Head are on opposite sides duking it out. Makes for a potentially compelling ending to the Avengers first movie.

Hm... I think I'd rather see the Avengers fighting together again in the next movie than against each other. :sceptic:

But I'm too excited to see the first movie to worry about that right now.

I guess that makes sense, djmangunz, about Thor and Loki's return.

Interesting, though, about the possibility of a Civil War story in the movies...

I'm not really sure how... plausible that would be. Considering the story arc consists of almost every Marvel character...

And, like Oky, I'd rather see them fighting together again, in the next Avengers movie (and keep them all seperate in sequels of their respective solo-films).

Regards,

Mitch

I guess that makes sense, djmangunz, about Thor and Loki's return.

Interesting, though, about the possibility of a Civil War story in the movies...

I'm not really sure how... plausible that would be. Considering the story arc consists of almost every Marvel character...

And, like Oky, I'd rather see them fighting together again, in the next Avengers movie (and keep them all seperate in sequels of their respective solo-films).

Regards,

Mitch

I certainly don't pretend to have some sort of inside information. I just watch certain fan sites for titbits and once in a while something good pops up from a reliable source. From what I understand, and this could be a load of crap, is that Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2 would flesh out the Civil War and how that affects the two sides and Stark and Cap's relationship. Then, Avengers 2 would bring the team back together, with a newcomer or two. The first movie is supposed to set up Tony and Cap on opposite sides, or at least point out the fact that they don't like each other. If you watch the first trailer you can see them snipping at each other. Remember that Marvel has several other movies in the works like Hawkeye and the Black Widow that the could use to extend the civil war conflict. And Marvel is all about using the solo movies to set up the story for the Avengers. But I digress.

No mater what happens in the future, seeing the Helicarrier and watching Hulk smash some alien ships will be enough for me.

That's the way American IP works - it doesn't. :sceptic: Boycotting one movie won't fix copyright laws, it'll put one company out of business. Of course, being that it's Disney, it won't make a dent. :sadnew:

That's the way American IP works - it doesn't. :sceptic: Boycotting one movie won't fix copyright laws, it'll put one company out of business. Of course, being that it's Disney, it won't make a dent. :sadnew:

Better ti just hand them your money then :laugh:

Saw the trailer for the first time last week, looks really good action is going to be jam packed with that many heroes in one movie

Better ti just hand them your money then :laugh:

Worrying about things like this when deciding whether or not to see a particular movie is just funny to me.

Worrying about things like this when deciding whether or not to see a particular movie is just funny to me.

It's not so much a worry as it is something to consider. I'm a big fan of comics history (I even write my uni thesis on comics :facepalm: ) so of course I'm a fan of Jack Kirby and his legacy. I can understand that most don't consider it worth paying attention to :sceptic:

It's not so much a worry as it is something to consider. I'm a big fan of comics history (I even write my uni thesis on comics :facepalm: ) so of course I'm a fan of Jack Kirby and his legacy. I can understand that most don't consider it worth paying attention to :sceptic:

I didn't say it wasn't worth paying attention to, it's just that bringing that decades-long issue to the current day, to where Marvel has been bought out and they're making a movie based on it, is just strange. Boycotting a movie created by Disney based on others movies created by Disney based on various comics isn't going to help the comic's writers.

Click here for nerdgasm:

Is that the little vehicle from the cap set toward the end of the video?

Ooh, it's posted here as well. Awesome :wub:

This trailer is just as awesome as the previous ones.

I'm still wondering though, why they are fighting each other. Something tells me it has to do with the recruiting, at least partly.

Ah man, I so can't wait till May 4th :cry_sad:

Regards,

Mitch

Yeah, me too. This combined with the May the Fourth Be With You holiday, it's sure to be a geektastic weekend! :grin:

I'm still wondering though, why they are fighting each other. Something tells me it has to do with the recruiting, at least partly.

It could also be some Loki mind control. The movie will tell I suppose!

I cannot wait to see the movie now that I've seen the new trailer. :grin: I do wish there had been more in the way of the Scrulls but it looks they're a major part of the plot line.

That was...holy fu...best trailer ever! *oh2*

Completely insane. That blew my expectations for the movie out of the water. The little alien scooter things do look like the ones from Cap's set, Oky. Too bad Cap's uniform is lacking for choice of a better word. I much prefer his First Avenger look.I am pretty sure that the internal fighting is just part of the team coming together and to give the hero's another "emotional" hurdle to overcome. Because, you know, fighting Loki and a force of warrior space aliens just isn't enough for today's seasoned movie goer.

But to see Stark Tower, Thor flying on the wing of a Quinjet, and the Hulk grabbing Iron Man in mid-air...man, my nipples are still tingling.

Edited by djmangunz

I do so want a set of that giant alien vehicle thingy chasing IM in the end of the video. :wub:

Also,

Explosions :wub:

Nick Fury :wub::wub:

Iron Man's 'battle scarring' :wub: :wub: :wub:

:grin:

I am pretty sure that the internal fighting is just part of the team coming together and to give the hero's another "emotional" hurdle to overcome. Because, you know, fighting Loki and a force of warrior space aliens just isn't enough for today's seasoned movie goer.

Yeah, I think so too. You don't need mind control for a handful of arrogant heroes not to get along with each other. It will be part of their character development to learn to work together as a team, and for Cap to become their leader.

It will also be interesting to see how Widow and Hawkeye seem to be coping with the fact that they don't have special powers and this whole thing is out of their league.

It will also be interesting to see how Widow and Hawkeye seem to be coping with the fact that they don't have special powers and this whole thing is out of their league.

Neither does Tony Stark, but you don't see him whining about it....:rofl:

But he has a genius-level intellect, tons of cash, and a power source in his chest. I think that qualifies him as a super-human. BW and HE on the other hand are just regular people who are good with weapons.

But he has a genius-level intellect, tons of cash, and a power source in his chest. I think that qualifies him as a super-human. BW and HE on the other hand are just regular people who are good with weapons.

That makes them weak? I think explosive arrows are a great idea! And BW is there to be a female inside the group of males. :wink:

That makes them weak?

Of course not! In fact, the ability to fight alongside such superhumans makes them strong, in my opinion! But imagine going up against a god and his army of alien warriors with only a bow and arrows or a couple of guns.

And BW is there to be a female inside the group of males. :wink:

And for sex appeal! :grin: I certainly wouldn't mind getting attacked by her like this. :laugh: