Hinckley

MOC: Carlijn Cow's Ice Cream Shoppe

And the name was spelled wrong earlier. As Vincent Kessels pointed out, it's Carlijn. It pronounced "KAARLIYahN." I love it. I found it on a Norwegian site. It's the name of an author. However, when I looked up the origin, it appears to be Dutch. The English "equivalent" would be Caroline.

That's what I thought. :wink:

Being Dutch, I'm pretty confident I know how to pronounce it. :grin: But seriously, the 'ij' is a nightmare for non-native speakers usually.

Gum ball machine! default_moar.gif

Kicking total big behind lately Hinck, I've drooled over lots of your creations in the FBG thread and have even started a few MOCs with the limited Fabuland pieces I have.....they don't make it far before getting scrapped though.

I think it's about time I pulled my finger out and gave it a solid effort.

Very cute. Cow running an ice cream shop; makes one wonder where the cream for ice cream is coming from. :laugh:

I did say she was titillated! :grin:

That's what I thought. :wink:

Being Dutch, I'm pretty confident I know how to pronounce it. :grin: But seriously, the 'ij' is a nightmare for non-native speakers usually.

Yes, of course. :laugh: Yes, I know the j was the ya sound and was proud of myself for knowing. However, when I created the folder it was past my bedtime and I transposed the letters accidentally. If it was an American word the j would create a hard consanant before the i vowel sound and my tired psyche wouldn't think Dutch. I was quite annoyed it took me so long to notice...and that noticing only occured throught a man from The Netherlands pointing it out. :blush:

Gum ball machine! default_moar.gif

Kicking total big behind lately Hinck, I've drooled over lots of your creations in the FBG thread and have even started a few MOCs with the limited Fabuland pieces I have.....they don't make it far before getting scrapped though.

I think it's about time I pulled my finger out and gave it a solid effort.

Solid effort! Solid effort! Oh let's see it! Let's see it! I keep repeating myself! I keep repeating myself! Get in the Fabuland Builders Guild, Taz! We need more members. :moar: Get in the Fabuland Builders Guild, Taz! We need more members. :moar:

You don't have any Fabuland elements!? :wacko: Get on eBay or Bricklink immediately.

Yes sir! Right away sir! :distressed: (I actually have two Fabuland crocodile figures that I got in a small bag of LEGO that a non-AFOL friend of mine found at her parent's house and gave me, but that's it...)

Yes sir! Right away sir! :distressed: (I actually have two Fabuland crocodile figures that I got in a small bag of LEGO that a non-AFOL friend of mine found at her parent's house and gave me, but that's it...)

He will need a little boat and/or a little cottage right away! No time to wait for Fabuland parts, just use what's in your collection. Hurry! :wub_drool:

I knew you were going to say that, and I should have reworded somewhat. I meant to say that what you have done with fabuland could easily be done as well with Duplo. NP, awesome model buddy.

He will need a little boat and/or a little cottage right away! No time to wait for Fabuland parts, just use what's in your collection. Hurry! :wub_drool:

Now I'm really feeling the pressure... :blush:

019.jpg

I'm trying to learn power functions and add a new dimension to my MOCs, lights and movement. I've started by adding lights to this creation. I'm not sure the Power Functions light are meant to be anything but headlights however. Battery operated candles worked all right at Brickworld. Perhaps I should go that route. It's certainly cheaper and fills the structure a little bit better with light...

Who's the ghostly image in the window? nice MOC.

The ice cream maybe? :look:

009.jpg

Who's the ghostly image in the window? nice MOC.

The ice cream maybe? :look:

Watch out! With its high calories and lactose, it'll attack you in the middle of the night! :tongue:

Anyways, great MOC Hinckley! I love that fountain. :wub_drool:

Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to say that this MOC is the reason I got back into lego a few years back. I don't know how I happened to come across it, but it made me realize there were more adults who love lego and fabuland. So a big thank you to you!