BasOne

LDD 5, what features do YOU want?

Auto save function which saves you file under a different name with a date, like XYZ_17_03_9_11_2015,XYZ_17_13_9_11_2015, XYZ_17_23_9_11_2015, etc over an adjustable time period. This way we have all versions in order to revert and saves.

Can't recall a single program that implement such a scheme. Usually they are saving 1 (one) file back, plus some save recovery information for unsaved files (office software). There's no point of implementing version control in such weird way.

Can't recall a single program that implement such a scheme. Usually they are saving 1 (one) file back, plus some save recovery information for unsaved files (office software). There's no point of implementing version control in such weird way.

I think adobe premiere uses such a way...

I think adobe premiere uses such a way...

I used it quite a time ago - never saw such a thing.

2) groups in groups

3) repaint for multi selection

2) If i'm not wrong, groups in groups already exists. You can create a hierarchy of groups, it is explained for example here

3) This should exists too.. Isn't it enought to select all pieces and change select a new color ?

Ah... let's dream.

It would be nice if you could increase the magnification in the parts picker (beyond it's current max).

Also... perhaps in the Preferences window, please give us an option for increasing the magnification of the decoration picker. It is painful in it's current form. I find I have to pick the decoration to really see the detail, and quite often it wasn't what I was looking for. Then you have to pick again (and scroll down to where you left off). Please just let us increase the magnification of the picker.

Let me use strings as they are meant to be!

Also CPU is a big one. I have a model that is around 25k bricks, and it's a bear to work with in LDD.

Also CPU is a big one. I have a model that is around 25k bricks, and it's a bear to work with in LDD.

LDD is indeed CPU hog, but truth have to be told: any CAD model made from 25K parts (be it Autocad, Solidworks or even electronic schematics) will put your computer to its limit. This is even more true for 3D-presenting programs.

I still think it needs gravity check.  Parts can be made to float in strange way with current and all of past LDD. A gravity check can reveal any "lost" parts by having it drop down. Also reveal what could be a design or structure problem so you don't end up buying 6,000 pieces off Bricklink and put it together only to find out it falls apart because you left out a few critical pieces.

16 hours ago, Lego Otaku said:

I still think it needs gravity check.  Parts can be made to float in strange way with current and all of past LDD. A gravity check can reveal any "lost" parts by having it drop down. Also reveal what could be a design or structure problem so you don't end up buying 6,000 pieces off Bricklink and put it together only to find out it falls apart because you left out a few critical pieces.

I've never really seen floating parts in LDD as a problem, since they can be great for setting a scene or leaving space for parts that aren't yet available on LDD. Also, disconnected parts are already easy enough to detect just by using the multiple selection tool on the model as a whole and hiding the bulk of the model. And even a tool like you describe would not be sufficient for ensuring the structural integrity of a model unless it featured a robust physics engine, since to truly ensure structural integrity you have to make sure that each and every connection point can support the weight of the parts that are connected above it.

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

[…] each and every connection point can support the weight of the parts that are connected above it.

or below it, or on its side, and if you move the model, shake the model, play with the model :grin: