Sign in to follow this  
Dan Church

MOC: Marooner's Lagoon

Many pirates have disappeared over the years with no explanation after being taken into custody of the Royal Navy. There have been many rumors about what actually happens to those who disappear, but none have been even remotely close to the actual process. The king wanted to make pirates disappear without murder being the way, so his officers in the Royal Navy found a secluded cove, and set up a makeshift paradise. A place that is impossible to find without directions, and a place the pirates won't want to leave once there. I give you Marooner's Lagoon. A pirates paradise hidden deep inland of an unknown island connected to the sea by a maze layout of caves. The prisoner's are taken there blindfolded, and left there to basically life a life of luxury for a pirate, the only downside was the lack of rum, but they eventually get over it.

img_2573.jpg

img_2577.jpg

img_2553.jpg

img_2568.jpg

img_2549.jpg

img_2562.jpg

I started this almost immediately after my Brickworld MOCs had been disassembled, I wanted to use some of the techniques mentioned in the presentations: like the colors visible through the trans-plates for the water. The water was also my take on the Tweetpunk Layout in the Michigan ballroom, though I can't remember the builder's name, my hat goes off to you! That's nearly 1000 1x2 trans clear plates(Hooray for PaB!)

Hope you enjoyed my largest MOC to date!

See more At MOCpages

Very nicely done. I'll move this to the Pirate MOC forum. and I'll blog about it, I love the water technique used by the boat.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Side note, please re-size your images to no bigger than 800x600, that is the standard we like to use at Eurobricks to accommodate all web speeds.

Very nice, if I were a pirate I'd still try to find the way out though, just the thought of being trapped somewhere, even in a nice place,

like a golden cage.

Awesome job!!

Anytime you can work a bare-butt cannonball, and such nice water rippling techniques, you have a winner :pir_laugh2: . There are some really nice building techniques throughout, well done.

This is really top-quality work. That really is a fantastic technique with the water, to make it look like different depths.

I like what you did with the sail for the cabana and the tied-up pig.

I'm curious, what piece is holding the minifigure hands for the guy in the water? That must be a hallowed out stud of some sort, right?

Awesome, the water techniques really are amazing. The fig posing is great as well, I like the cannonballing pirate.

But why is there a dead pirate in a pirate paradise?

Looks nice, organic looking rock formations in lego is always good!

Brilliant, its nice to see pirates with a sence of fun, I love the fella doing a cannonball too (and the pirate being buried)

excellent :thumbup:

This is wonderful - I particularly like your water technique, and the landscaping (the design of the rocks and the sand) is very easy on the eye. Great work.

Beautiful MOC Dan Church. :pir-classic:

The way you made the water to look like it has different depths really makes the MOC pop. Another thing I love are all the little scenes throughout, such as the pig roast and the hammock (very clever idea!).

Thanks for sharing!