Lasse D

Lasse's Model Team Construction Yard

Very well done. Looking forward to the finished tractor version too!

Thanks, but the tractor will have to wait until I have rebuild it again. I am not at all satisfied with the current result. I will post a picture once I am done with the container transport.

Perfect! Looking for news from you! Your trucks are lovely!

The Volvo has got new FH16 750 Truck... with LED frontlights... Can you make one?

Here Inspirations:

http://i.wheelsage.org/pictures/volvo/fh/autowp.ru_volvo_fh16_750_4x2_15.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TBEsIWBb8VM/maxresdefault.jpg

Max...

Whoa! That's quite a visual upgrade. I will see if it is possible to upgrade the looks of the new green truck to this design. It is the one that I'm currently not satisfied with.

Why did I miss the latest model so far? Great work, as usual. The cab is spot on. :thumbup:

A Volvo FM with such a lifting mechanism is exactly what our local fire department uses, so when you finished instructions I might rebuild it in red. :grin:

Thanks Richie. Making the truck in red is no problem when doing it digitally :D

virtual_progress_9hours.png

Your local fire department poses a much larger challenge for me because it only has one set of front wheels. I need the additional space under the cab for the lifting mechanism that is offered when using dual axis steering. Solving that problem is a challenge for whoever wants to take it :)

I have built the real model now. This is what it looks like on top of the truck:

2top.jpg

Do you got instructions for this? I love it!

Max...

Yep. The instructions are right here.

I've built this model and can confirm that it is excellent.

Thanks Blakbird. It means a lot that people appreciate the instructions and models.

And great news. I have just finished the building instructions for the Volvo.

VolvoContainer_0_00.png

I am also re-rendering the instructions for the MAN. I have some additional space on my server which I can use for larger instructions images.

@LasseD:

The Volvo is looking really good... Love this one too... You got talent for this type of models... I like my way of design and designing process, so I like to build my own MOCs and do not copy other models much, but your models would I build immediately... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

I have good news to anyone who wants to print my building instructions. I have added a print function to the details sites of all instructions.

If you want any building instruction as PDF, simply print to a PDF writer such as CutePDF or the built in "print to PDF" if you browser/OS supports it.

Warning: The printed instructions are huge!

I have been working on some software projects, but expect me to present some work on the Volvo in my next update.

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

I can not SEE NO PHOTOS WHY?

Maybe you missed the font page posts about the Forum Upgrade with links to the discussions, but old posts BBCode is not currently rendered, it is being addressed.

1 hour ago, J_C said:

BBC is not on yet, or is it just me? Some of pictures uploaded before upgrade do not show. Am I just inpatient or do I have to do something with my browser? If is it the former, I am sorry. :wink:

54 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

BBCode is on and works well for any new posts/topics and any older posts that are edited, so if you are impatient for the script to work on refreshing one of your own posts or topics, just click "edit" and then "save" and the code will be rendered correctly once again.

Two years ago I got a new job which took so much time that I couldn't keep on building Model Team trucks. Now I have a new job, which means it's time to pick up the slack.

The Tractor version of the Volvo was finished 2 years ago, but I have first had time to take a picture of it now. This is the first version. It is covered in dust, and some parts have fallen off. I will compare it with reference photos to find areas of improvements. This includes seeing if the whole truck can be updated to the latest version by Volvo.

167_volvo_oct16.jpg

BTW. I have just gone through all my old posts in this thread to re-insert the missing pictures. Please tell me if I missed any.

Good News for all of us.  I had not seen your trucks before..... just took a peak.  Great stuff.  Excited that you are back building

hello lasse d... are you really good at reproducing September lego scaled model team, these truk lego look real .complimenti ..... I expect you to do the instructions now .....

Thanks for the replies. And Lucio. You are completely right. I intend on changing it to a Volvo FH 750 6x4.

I have started a new approach to designing these trucks by following a plan (see attached diagram).

The first step is to do research by finding a lot of pictures and information (ahem, Wikipedia):

design_pics.png

Second step is to create a collage with a "griddyfied" frontal picture as well as the types of images that I use the most:

design_collage_small.png

Step 3 will be to make a frame. For this I need to gut the green truck and rebuild it to a 6x4 version. To be continued.

diagram1.png