Lasse D

Lasse's Model Team Construction Yard

hi realy nice Scania :thumbup: :thumbup: also that u hae added all mirors that are installd in al truck mostly, nice improvise of the new motors. I always like your creations

Wow, that was quick LasseD! Thanks a lot!

You are welcome. And as it says on the generator-pages; please tell me if there are features missing.

hi realy nice Scania :thumbup: :thumbup: also that u hae added all mirors that are installd in al truck mostly, nice improvise of the new motors. I always like your creations

Thanks. I actually just received a new set of the new motors which will result in two new trucks in the near future.

Update!

And now for an update on the new trailer for the Scania which makes uncoupling automatic as well.

This is the mechanism:

construction6.png

- Yellow: Direct input from all 4 wheels. The gearing makes the mechanism use minimal power.

- Green: This clicker is independent from the blue system which is a huge improvement on the similar mechanism of the OctanTrailer, seen here. The old mechanism was not very reliable because the clicker was heavy and moved the push-beam horizontally.

- Blue: This mechanism pushes the legs down when reversing, but is light enough for the rubber band to pull up while going forward.

- Red: The legs are held either down or up by the rubber band.

Edited by Lasse D

That's a very clever system.:sweet:

Do you plan on making a few different sizes of truck based on the new Scaina?

That's a very clever system.:sweet:

Do you plan on making a few different sizes of truck based on the new Scaina?

Thanks. I'm only planning on making a simple version of the Scania which is intended for children's play. This truck will use an XL and Servo motor.

Update 1: I have added an index to the first post

Update 2: I have added Instructions for a new trailer with this mechanism so everyone can try it out

ContainerTrailer20c_c.png

Edited by Lasse D

Thanks. Have you considered my version of the 5580 which fits together with all the trailers I make?

5580_c.png

I'm collecting the parts needed to make the yellow trailer and mod's for the 5580 set. :classic: Your new trailer looks good! :thumbup:

Great. And just in time for my new and improved container design:

container20t.png

I'm planning on getting instructions up later today.

Very nice Container.:sweet:

What is the method used to construct the sides of the container?

Thanks. Everything but the sides is Technic with the sides being simple tiles:

Container20t_0_10.png

Side_7_1_14.png

And I have just uploaded the instructions. Link as image:

4instructions.png

The idea with this new container design is to make it light and robust (we spend way too much time reassembling containers at LEGO World this year!)

Update

I have built a couple of containers to see how well they work and to try out some different graphics:

3container3.jpg

(I usually use logos from fictional companies - especially megacorps :grin: )

Edited by Lasse D

I like the new container for the trailer. :thumbup:

Edited by TimH

Amazing, simply amazing.

AS much as I like your containers and trucks, I feel I must remind you to eat and sleep.

Since it's obvious that you must have neglected them in order to build these and make instructions as well.

Damn good job Lasse :thumbup:

Yeah, thanks for the reminder :tongue:

I have added instructions for the Lunar Industries LTD container as well (click picture for instructions):

Container20t_lunar_c.png

Some friends and I have been fooling around with some trucks this weekend. I will upload a video of it soon, hopefully tonight.

Edit

Here we go.

Edited by Lasse D

I have been gone for a while because of LEGO Fan Weekend in Skærbæk where I brought four motorized trucks which had received significant structural reinforcements so that children could play with them as in the video above.

This is how the trucks looked before the event:

2scania1.jpg

2andrea1.jpg

2front.jpg

2_6753_1.jpg

And here are the remains after letting the children play with them for a couple of days:

4andrea_after_lego_fan_event.jpg

4faw_after_lego_fan_event.jpg

4lego_after_lego_fan_event.jpg

4scania_after_lego_fan_event.jpg

I will not bring Model Team trucks for this kind of event again.

Maybe today's kids have bad role models: :cry_sad:

7550859132_a2efcfe19a.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Hi

that is what allways happen to my cars at first: losing their SNOT bumper. It is unfortunately one of the wealest official connevtions i know.

I hope you found all lose pieces.

Dino

Thanks. I found most of the pieces, but the trucks for interactive displays will now be made of pure technic.

Up next: An even stronger version of the Scania and a new Magnum :)

... once they have been built.

And I'm on my way with the new Magnum.

174_renault_ock12.jpg

I'm using Griddy to get the proportions just right for the front.

The frame is based on the orange Scania in the back, but with an XL motor for a smoother operation. In the fron I'm using the frame from the latest FAW Jiefang, but with ackerman steering geometry and minimal steering wheel travel.

It has been a while since my last update. I have been busy constructing building instructions for an even sturdier Scania. Here is the first part of the frame:

4frame_steering.png

It is the same style as you can see on the damaged model above.

The servo motor goes directly onto the steering rack, but since the liftarm on the motor is only of length 2, while the steering arms have length 3, the motor can turn to its extreme positions without damagind the parts, and you get the bonus of Ackerman steering geometry!

I have to construct a couple of new parts for LDraw before I can complate the instructions since I'm using some really new parts (and some parts which LEGO still has to invent, but I'm sure they will... eventually)

I have to make two new LDraw parts, the Plate, Modified 2 x 2 x 2/3 with 2 Studs on Side

which is new for the UCS B-Wing and not in LDraw yet, and the curved slope 1 x 2 with 1 x 1 cutout which I make by cutting the 1 x 4 curved slope with 1 x 2 cutout as seen in the picture of the broken Scania on the top in black.

Modifying this piece is my entry into the non-purist society. I'm hoping it will become an official part soon, though.

Edit: Good news. I found that another person has made the 2 x 2 plate, so I only have to work on the 1 x 2 curved slope.

Edited by Lasse D

I am not a fan of cutting up parts for this purpose,I don't mind cutting the old plate but I would never add them to instructions of a moc instead I would try to find a alternative.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan