Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

Wow ths series looks AMAZING so far.

My favorite is the space girl but anybody else but me think it shouldve been red? I personally find pink to be a disgusting color and red is something that appeals to a girl without being super girly girl because APPARENTLY thats what LEGO always thinks about when they hear the word "girl". I cant wait to see if in the future if were gonna get a blue, and snot green, and black space minifig from here because I am losing my mind for those figs.

I personally love the pink for the space woman. While it may be a bit stereotypical, I think it's a beautiful and bright color. Of course, red would have been more traditional.

It is a bit bothersome that pink is so frequently used for female figs in the collectible series. However, as my twin brother observed, the best way to avoid gender stereotypes in future series wouldn't necessarily be to have less pink for female figs-- putting more pink on male figs would work just as well. :wink:

80's mechanic looks nioce, and if nobody believs these are made by LEGO STILL even after seeing the word LEGO on the butcher and barbarian then you should know thats the SAME hair used on super man minifig for super hero licence this year.

I disagree-- Superman's hair is fairly traditional male hair, only with a curl on his forehead. Rather than pointing down on his forehead, the mechanic's hair is a luscious pompadour.

Not loving the look of these but I'll reserve judgement until I see the other six. I think I might retire my minifigure hunting at Series 5 - or at least wait and see what Series 7 brings. If I like them I'd probably have to go back and get Series 6 to appease the completist in me, but still.

...if nobody believs these are made by LEGO STILL even after seeing the word LEGO on the butcher and barbarian then you should know thats the SAME hair used on super man minifig for super hero licence this year.

I suppose anyone who could molde plastic could add the word Lego but having the superman hair seems to legitimize these as official. If the grey alien is part of the collectable minifig series, I sure hope it is preliminary and the Statue of Liberty still seems out of place to me as part of this line.

Thank you very much for these pics, Alywin and zhancobricks! :classic:

I don't care about the Minotaur, the Space Woman and the Alien.

But the Statue of Liverty, the ghost in a bottle and the genie look good. :thumbup:

The Highlander, the mechanic and the female skateboarder are really cool. :thumbup:

Only that there are skulls on the sweater and the skateboard doesn't look nice - why not using another symbol?! :hmpf_bad:

The most of the until now minifigs I like the butcher - great! :wub:

I'm really excited which othe six minifigs we'll get and which minifigs there'll be in the waves seven and eight.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I love the pink suit, but I do see red as a very acceptable alternative. The pink will look fantastic beside Alien Conquest's blue, though.

Only that there are skulls on the sweater and the skateboard doesn't look nice - why not using another symbol?! :hmpf_bad:

I personally love that the sweater and skateboard use the traditional LEGO skull rather than a more recent style, or the stylized ones that appear on pirate flags and other decorated parts. Skulls are a traditional punk/goth symbol, and so I think the sweater and skateboard look like things skateboarders in a city might actually wear or ride. And the use of the classic skull gives the graphics a retro feel.

Main thing that bothers me about the skateboarder is that the skateboard's white color seems at odds with the rest of the skateboarder's hardcore persona. The graphics also feel a bit pasted on-- applying them at more irregular angles and sizes might have made them feel more like actual skateboard decorations.

Her black jeans look like they could be very useful indeed. I only wish the belt were a little less girly so that those pocket decorations could be put on a male figure without switching the legs and hips around-- I always dislike doing that since it weakens the connection between the pieces.

These look really good, the only thing I don't like is the alien's body and the skater's face, she doesn't look that "gothic", and her eye shadows/lips are kind of phospho pink, which I don't like. I don't mind this plastic being used, but I do mind the quality of the printings on these latest minifigs: They are peeling off/fading with any minor scratch (the old printing was really strong and durable), that really bothers me.

Edited by Otherworld

I personally love that the sweater and skateboard use the traditional LEGO skull rather than a more recent style, or the stylized ones that appear on pirate flags and other decorated parts. Skulls are a traditional punk/goth symbol, and so I think the sweater and skateboard look like things skateboarders in a city might actually wear or ride. And the use of the classic skull gives the graphics a retro feel.

Main thing that bothers me about the skateboarder is that the skateboard's white color seems at odds with the rest of the skateboarder's hardcore persona. The graphics also feel a bit pasted on-- applying them at more irregular angles and sizes might have made them feel more like actual skateboard decorations.

Her black jeans look like they could be very useful indeed. I only wish the belt were a little less girly so that those pocket decorations could be put on a male figure without switching the legs and hips around-- I always dislike doing that since it weakens the connection between the pieces.

The skater's sweater is the main thing I don't like about her - I don't hate it, but it has that Hot-Topic-watered-down-corporate-lady-punk aesthetic of someone trying way too hard to look like they skate but not someone who does. :tongue: Of course, an "accurate" female skater would have no makeup and be dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt, and I can't imagine that would sell very well. Her streaked hair and black jeans are awesome though, and I don't personally think the belt is too particularly girly.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

I love the pink suit, but I do see red as a very acceptable alternative. The pink will look fantastic beside Alien Conquest's blue, though.

Yeah, she'll ask the guys in the ADU does her butt look big in this ? :iamded_lol:

Now how many have we seen - all 16....no, so where are the others ? :pir-wink:

Wow ths series looks AMAZING so far.

My favorite is the space girl but anybody else but me think it shouldve been red?

I'm hoping to see a redecoed spaceman in red eventually. It's time for an update of those classic colors!

I'm hoping to see a redecoed spaceman in red eventually. It's time for an update of those classic colors!

I don't know about that. TLG seems to go for more realistic colors nowadays. Pink to make one girly, blue because of the ADU theme, and the others were grey or white. I think red would be desirable for Classic Space fans, but not for the targeted audiences.

On the Ice Fisherman's bio on LEGO.com, it says "And once, after three long months of sitting and waiting through the cold Arctic winter, he even fished up a magic lamp with a wish-granting genie. (The first thing he wished for? A warmer coat!)"

Sounds like their hinting at the genie.

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

I think red would be desirable for Classic Space fans, but not for the targeted audiences.

I think a red astronaut would work fine in this line. This is a line geared toward collectors anyway. I don't think that it would just be classic space fans that would find astronauts in various designs and colors desirable. We're on our third skateboarder now, what would another spaceman hurt? Sure there are many other figures that could stand to be made before others get repeated/redone, but down the line a series or three it would be fine.

I don't know about that. TLG seems to go for more realistic colors nowadays. Pink to make one girly, blue because of the ADU theme, and the others were grey or white. I think red would be desirable for Classic Space fans, but not for the targeted audiences.

I'd love a red one, as I could make some Space Odyssey MOCs! :laugh:

And I've alway thought that the minifigures were aimed at collector's.

They should make a red astronaut just so they can make that new helmet in red, and I can use it to update my Samus Aran fig.

-Omi

While I would welcome the release of a 'realistic' alien head (whatever that means! :wacko:) the combination of alien head, robot torsoe and red hands is dubious at best! Lady Liberty looks like a quite finalised design though. On the other hand I doubt that preliminary designs would ever leak from a factory.

I agree on the Alien, why red hands? Comming from Australia the Lady Liberty looks grat but Im not excited about it. No offence to the guys in the states.

If real the line up looks alright. Im interested to see the next 6 fig designs.

A person from the Highlands of Scotland, mainly associated mostly now with Braveheart.

oh I see thanks, would that work with the current Kingdoms line or is it a different era?

Pink is the least realistic choice hah. I think those new helmets in red would be very useful, and most of the target demographic would be better off with it.

Pink is the least realistic choice hah. I think those new helmets in red would be very useful, and most of the target demographic would be better off with it.

Like I said, pink to make it girly. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for spacemen to return in various colors. It just seems like TLG is heading away from the colorful and towards the realistic.

oh I see thanks, would that work with the current Kingdoms line or is it a different era?

I would say it could work. Heck, change a few little things about the minifig, like give him a beret, musket, and sleeves, and you're good into the 18th century (with some imagination of course)!:

Scottish+Highlander.jpg

Edited by UsernameMDM

I think most of these are legit because first of all, a lot of people have been asking for a leprechaun minifigure for series six on the message boards on LEGO.com. Second, if you look closely at some of the minifigure accesories (warrior's claymore, butchers cleaver) it has the LEGO trademark. The alien and Statue of Liberty I'm so sure about though. I like the new female skater because now if you her to the previous skaters,you can make a gang. :thumbup::classic::thumbup:

Edited by Elijah Aranda