Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

>>could this be the harbinger of an upcoming Elvis fi??

Use the Greaser's hair with the Disco guy's body and a white cape. Pick a head with something looking like sideburns, or use the disco guy's sunglasses, and boom! Instant Elvis!!

This has definitely been the Year of the Minifig. With all the CMF series and news of super heroes coming, I've never been more impressed with this brand. As for this series so far, keeping in mind that I collect these guys for parts to use in my own superhero universe:

Statue of Liberty: Yeah! I need the green female face. The hair/crown has so many apps, but I agree with whoever said they'd paint it. It would make a great Ancient Greek goddess headpiece.

Alien: Very Roswellian. Little green men from outer space are supposed to look like this. The head has really grown on me. It's really creepy! I get a Doctor Who chill whenever I see it. I actually like the torso, though not so much for this particular minifig. It's always nice to get more red hands. I wish they would let the space girl keep her ray gun and give him a new mold.

Space Girl: Forget that it's pink for a moment, that's one of the coolest space prints in the history of Lego. The combination of the classic space theme logo with the extra detail TLC uses now really comes off looking spectacular. I've already got a use and a backstory ready to go. And the hair looks awesome.

Leprechaun: This would be really cool to have one of, but I don't particularly need any of these parts.

Butcher: I'm taking his hat and painting it green for my army men.

Mechanic: The first thing I saw was the Elvis hair. Nice toolbox, too.

Minotaur: I'll actually get a few of these! I can already see that I'll be using the torso and legs separately from the head. They're just too cool to waste on one minifig. I might paint the head black and use and all-black torso/leg look. I'm stunned by this one. Of the ten, I think this is the army-builder.

Genie: Three nights ago I was up late and made a group of heroes from the 1950's and Alladin was one of them. I was wracking my brain to figure out what to use for a golden lamp. Ta-dah! I wonder if the piece on the front of the turban is removable? There is usually a small hole there, so it would be cool if that was a separate piece.

Skater: Great as a minifig. I'll be able to find uses for all those new parts. I do wish we could get something besides a skateboard, though.

Highlander: It is a little dark, so I may hold judgement until a brighter pic can be taken. Nice sword and nice prints if they show up better in person. FREEDOM!

All-in-all this could be one of the best series. I'll reserve my opinion until the other six are shown.

Here's the highlander's pic modified to be lighter, at least to me it helped notice the torso better:

And this is the gray, which I am pretty sure is really stone colored and the green tone in the original pic was caused by lighting:

The minotaur , also looking slightly better under a different light:

Something I am really liking about this series is that all of these figs should be really easy to recognize by feeling the bags.

Bonaparte: Pictures removed on request of LEGO

Edited by Bonaparte

i hope final of this guy has gold for the pot

Look at that leprechaun picture once more and give special focus to the gold 1x1 round brick under the pot. I'd assume that is actually supposed to go inside that pot ;-) But with all those new molds, why no new bigger coin piece? Or some pearl gold (ungilded/-chromed) classic coin sprue?

As for the pot: That's a fantastic new element! I see so many civilian and non-civilian uses for it in every theme conceivable from antiquity to transhuman settings (slight exaggeration, yeah ^^).

edit: re-read some pages back and found Aanchir had already pointed out that gold 1x1 round brick phenomenon. Credits to him ^^

Edited by Cutty

I would say this will become the greates series if these are the real minifigures coming out.

The Genie, Leprechaune, but most of all the minotaur and the barbarian are really really great! The other 6 also are good, the butcher has quite useful meat and cleaver and I think the Liberty Statue would fit in the costume guys (actually she's a girl but you understood me XD)

They mostly look good but I have to say that I do not like the Statue Of Liberty One. Why is it that horrid green colour? It looks horrible. Quite like the alien Grey, but have to agree with those who feel that the robot torso is alittle odd. I think he would have been better with a more natural (naked) alien torso like in the movies. Also he has a gun, do Greys have guns like that? Maybe he would be better off with some kind of probe as they are better known for abducting people and doing tests more than getting into laser shootouts?

Not really impressed. There are a few nice ones.. Liberty, lephrechaun , butcher, genie but otherwise they look.......lacking.

They mostly look good but I have to say that I do not like the Statue Of Liberty One. Why is it that horrid green colour? It looks horrible. Quite like the alien Grey, but have to agree with those who feel that the robot torso is alittle odd. I think he would have been better with a more natural (naked) alien torso like in the movies. Also he has a gun, do Greys have guns like that? Maybe he would be better off with some kind of probe as they are better known for abducting people and doing tests more than getting into laser shootouts?

Ummm... Lady Liberty's just sand green. You know, the closest color on the current palette to the Statue of Liberty's real color. The same color as the Statue of Liberty set, where (to my knowledge) that color made its first appearance in actual bricks.

Anyway, I'm extremely confident that "Raph" comes from the name of one of the designers, just like "N. Groves" on the Race Car Driver's torso.

Maybe we're getting another robot minifig, and, due to the similar coloration, his body go switched with that of the Grey? Not very likely, but possible.

Ummm... Lady Liberty's just sand green. You know, the closest color on the current palette to the Statue of Liberty's real color. The same color as the Statue of Liberty set, where (to my knowledge) that color made its first appearance in actual bricks.

Anyway, I'm extremely confident that "Raph" comes from the name of one of the designers, just like "N. Groves" on the Race Car Driver's torso.

I respectfully disagree with the Eurobricks 'Master of Colors' on this one.

Honestly the Statue of Liberty minifigure looks more like green rather than sand green in the picture. I get the sense that it's more of the Toy Story 3 Army men color than sand green, even though I'd prefer sand green for the Statue 'fig. Try pulling up a picture of both the Statue of Liberty 'fig and the Leprechaun 'fig side by side, the pictures appear to be from the same source and are thus likely to have the same or similar conditions/settings when taken.

Honestly the Statue of Liberty minifigure looks more like green rather than sand green in the picture. I get the sense that it's more of the Toy Story 3 Army men color than sand green, even though I'd prefer sand green for the Statue 'fig. Try pulling up a picture of both the Statue of Liberty 'fig and the Leprechaun 'fig side by side, the pictures appear to be from the same source and are thus likely to have the same or similar conditions/settings when taken.

Er... it pretty much looks sand green to me...

Perhaps I'm wrong, but if I was to bet $1, sand green would be.

The photos were leaked somewhere from China and they are certainly not studio quality. Pretty sure that they aren't adding colors to the palette for no reason. The alien is almost certainly going to be stone colored, which tells me that there is something that is increasing the amount of green in the two pictures. Pages ago I modified the lighting in those pictures, the process to make the alien look closer to stone gray makes the statue look closer to sand green:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vexorian/CM6/liberty.png

and

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vexorian/CM6/gray.png

I love the Liberty statue. It's simply a real good idea for a minifig. I think the choise of sandgreen for her is perfect. The pink space lady, the scater girl, the highlander and the alien also belong to my favorites. It seems this will become a really great wave. I was so disapointed when I first saw pics of series 5. I'm glad this series looks a lot less boring than the privious one. :thumbup:

Wow! I did not expect to see pictures this early of Series 6! The minifigures look great to me, but the alien and the minotaur are my favorites. So many new molds! pirate_thumbup.gif

I can't figure out why everyone's questioning the Statue of Liberty's color so much. On my computer's screen, it's an obvious sand green, and my computer doesn't display any of the other colors at all strangely. The leprechaun's hat seems a considerably deeper green color.

For comparison purposes, here's a Sand Green brick on Brickshelf, and here's the Statue of Liberty fig. On my computer screen, there's not much difference. There's considerably more contrast with a green or bright green brick.

Go figure, but in this screen, the original minifig statue of liberty pic looks closer to the green brick you linked.

To me: This http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vexorian/CM6/liberty.png and http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/junlego/Colors/sandgreen.jpg are close in color.

And this and this: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/junlego/Colors/green.jpg as well. But certainly, the original of the minifig statue of Liberty also seems to be artificially darker.

Edited by vexorian

I just recently got into the collectable minifigs and this new set looks like it will be a fun one!

The Statue of Liberty and the grey alien do not have minifigure stands and I believe they were "leaked" at a different time. They may not be part of the same line.

I'm in the "sand green is the best Lego color for the Statue of Liberty" group.

Wow! These look awesome :wub_drool: ! This is definitely one of the better Series TLG has released and we haven't even seen all of the figs yet! I just love the djinn and the butcher :drool: . The greaser is certainly a must-have for me as well, together with the minotaur and the Highlander. The others are nice as well, but don't quite seem to grasp my attention as the other figures I listed.