Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

Grah! There goes my intricately crafted plan to spend my $50 on Ninjago in January. :hmpf_bad::rofl:

Let's see, which ones to get? I'll list in order of priority (NOTE: If two or more have the same number, it's a tie, not a typo :wink:):

1.) Space Girl #

2.) Genie #

3.) Surgeon &

3.) Sleepyhead *

3.) Statue of Liberty #

6.) Toy Robot #

6.) Highlander *

8.) Skater Girl &

8.) Gray Alien #

10.) Bandit

10.) Leprechaun &

10.) Roman

13.) Mechanic

Meh.) Flamenco Dancer

Meh.) Butcher

Meh.) Minotaur

A '#' indicates it was on my Top 5 when I first saw images of this series, '&' indicates It was on my list of "pick this up when the price drops" when I first saw images, and * indicates a minifigure that I would never have even thought of getting when I first saw the images, but is now a major contender.

I'll definitely get anything marked '3.)' or better (the top 5 on the list), and maybe the two at '6.)' as well. Apart from that, I'll likely wait until S7 comes out so I can pick them up cheap. How much are these ones, again, I thought I heard something about a price increase from last Series? (*wallet mutters grumpily*)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what side-printing any of their legs might have since they neglected to take side-view photos of any of the figs.

I will try to do those pics this evening. I will let you all know when they will be uploaded.

Lluis

Is there are any information about rarity? Which minifigures from this set will be normal/rare/very rare/legendary? Nothing in Google :/

Is there are any information about rarity? Which minifigures from this set will be normal/rare/very rare/legendary? Nothing in Google :/

No, I only have 16 minifigures, not the complete box.

Thanks for the pictures. Didn't realise the sleepy head had a double sided face ?!

The plastic does look cheap even in the photos (someone had to say it). Especially the silver on the roman's helmet, or perhaps it's just because it's pearl silver?

Anyway, still plan on collecting them all. Brickset has reported sightings/purchases in the UK.

Thanks for the pictures. Didn't realise the sleepy head had a double sided face ?!

The plastic does look cheap even in the photos (someone had to say it). Especially the silver on the roman's helmet, or perhaps it's just because it's pearl silver?

Anyway, still plan on collecting them all. Brickset has reported sightings/purchases in the UK.

They have them in WH smith on Argyll Street in Glasgow and in Dundee according to my Wife. She has bought the kids some so Ill see what they/I get

It is because it's pearl silver (looks to be Silver Metallic specifically). In fact, I wish his torso matched. C-3PO proves that it's not impossible to do torsos in metallic colors, and I am annoyed by the contrast between Silver Metallic and Medium Stone Gray in both the Roman Soldier and the Clockwork Robot; I wish the soldier had a silver torso and the robot had a light gray wind-up key. Even then, however, I see no evidence of lower quality from these pics.

It is because it's pearl silver (looks to be Silver Metallic specifically). In fact, I wish his torso matched. C-3PO proves that it's not impossible to do torsos in metallic colors, and I am annoyed by the contrast between Silver Metallic and Medium Stone Gray in both the Roman Soldier and the Clockwork Robot; I wish the soldier had a silver torso and the robot had a light gray wind-up key. Even then, however, I see no evidence of lower quality from these pics.

Actually, I think the Roman Soldier's helmet color is lacquered silver of some kind (Bricklink's Metallic Silver), not Silver Metallic (Bricklink's Flat Silver in post-2010 sets). But I agree, the soldier would be better with a silver torso or at least back printing of some kind.

The series 6 are indeed out in the UK. 5 bags gave my wee boys 2 sleepyheads(Doubles already lol) a mechanic, a genie and a butcher.

Damn lego for releasing these before xmas :tongue:

I'll be scoping out Westfield London (Shepherds Bush) tomorrow, hopefully with some good news (and more importantly an update that's actually useful).

I'll be scoping out Westfield London (Shepherds Bush) tomorrow, hopefully with some good news (and more importantly an update that's actually useful).

My wife got them from a WH Smith which Im guessing there will be in the shopping centre you describe. The only problem with there is you get what the cashier gives you unfortunately, as you probably know.

Waiting for John Lewis to get them as I cant stand TRU and not always near a Smiths. Having seen your reviews Ill leave it to someone with a decent camera to post pics.

And is he really wearing a thong???

Yes he is. All the more reason to not get duplicates of the Roman Soldier--after all, we all know that two thongs don't make a right.

Yes, he is. :hmpf_bad:

:grin: Sexy!

Just wrote my other half an hysterical e-mail. Maybe there's still stuff in his luggage for a few CMF bags :)

Edited by Miss Kyle

Just popped to Toys R Us (UK) and picked up 10 bags. Got 3 Mechanics, 2 Cowboys, 1 Surgeon, 1 Lady Liberty, 1 Butcher, 1 Space Girl and 1 Flamenco Dancer. That might give us some idea of frequency.

Just popped to Toys R Us (UK) and picked up 10 bags. Got 3 Mechanics, 2 Cowboys, 1 Surgeon, 1 Lady Liberty, 1 Butcher, 1 Space Girl and 1 Flamenco Dancer. That might give us some idea of frequency.

Why worry about frequency when you can tell them apart by feel? (Excepting, of course, when they're handed out by the cashier or something.)

Wow, these guys look really great! Hopefully the US will get them soon so I can put my hands on them!

You'll be trading some again right? :moar: I like how it worked out last time.

Why worry about frequency when you can tell them apart by feel? (Excepting, of course, when they're handed out by the cashier or something.)

Frequency is important if you happen to live in a town or city where a box has been manhandled within an inch of its life for the highly desirable ones e.g spartan,elf etc.

I suppose that is the joy of buying a sealed box and guaranteed full sets in one(very expensive)go.

For the 5 series so far I've had to buy an average of 25 per run to achieve full sets. Some of it through blind luck and more recently by feeling when Ive had the time. However getting hold of Spartans was like procuring gold dust at times.

Edited by surrideo

Since they are capable of putting print on the sides of the legs/arms, why can't/don't they put printing on the back of the legs to avoid the "thong" issue. I agree, the Roman definitely needs a cape of some sort.

Otherwise, the figures in the "flesh" look amazing. Much, much better than just in picture form.