Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

Oh and does anyone else think of "Happy Days" when they look at that mechanic?

I thought more of "Greased Lightning"

I think this series is going to be my favorite. Five must-haves for me this time, more then any other series!

Legionnaire: Oh man, who DOESN'T want this guy? He looks perfect. On a side note, all the ancient warriors I wanted to see have been made now. The Gladiator, Spartan and now the Legionnaire. Dream come true. :wub:

Outlaw: I missed out on the Cowboy, but this guy is better anyway. Torso looks nice, and, anyone else think that is a new handkerchief around his neck? It looks like it to me.

Highlander: Looks good, I LOVE that new sword mold. I've been waiting for something like that for a long time.

Windup Robot: Aww, isn't he adorable? :laugh: Even though I don't care for space themes, I'll still be picking one of these up.

Minotaur: I think the head could be a bit better. And something other than a ax would have been nice. Overall good enough. I'll get one.

Well that is my top five for this series, most of them don't have a top three!

I've just realised, the new logo for Lego Exclusives has the pyjama kid's hairpiece: :look:

img160x210_Exclusives-EN.png

That character is all over LEGO shop at home. I made a comment about it a couple of days ago in the 'what minifigs are we missing?' thread. And yes it is the same hair. The tennis player dude in series 7 has it in tan. :thumbup:

Great set...these keep getting better and better (although I'm very partial to series 7). My thoughts:

1. Leprechaun - love anything thing mythology or fairytale based. Might need to put this one in my pantry with the breakfast cereal.

2. Flapper - good continuation of the western theme, but kind of meh?!

3. Outlaw - good continuation of the western theme, just not into western MOCs, but I'm sure those that are will be happy

4. Lady Liberty - cool fig, could even be used with the new x-men figs to recreate the movie scene with Mystique

5. Minotaur - yes! something for my gladiator to battle.

6. Surgeon - I'm sure someone will do something very creative with this fig

7. Mechanic - Go grease lightnin!

8. Gray Alien - as other have said, this is kind of a funny choice with all the lime green aliens from Alien Conquest, but I'm a fan of the X-files, so this suites me better.

9. sk8er girl - like the hair, but had enough with the first two.

10. Pajama boy - I like the fig and the teddy, has possibilities

11. Lady Spaceman - love the attitude; she looks all about the pink justice. Glad to have a match made in space for our series 1 guy to battle Blacktron scum.

12. Legionaire - As with others, I'm wiping the drool off my keyboard. I'm sure we'll see a lot of Roman armies popping up soon.

13. Toy Robot - Classic. Love it.

14. Highlander - my kind of army builder fig. Could this be as popular as the legionaire? Might be close.

15. Butcher - on not into the City theme, but this has got to be a good thing for those who are.

16. Genie - again, love anything thing mythology or fairytale based. Might need to take another look at the Prince of Persia sets.

A ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN LEGIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU LEGO!!!

Sorry, I couldn't contain my enthusiasm. I literally screamed out loud when I saw that.

I need an army!

Although on the downside, he has a spear (pilum?), and not a gladius (roman sword that the S5 Gladiator had). That's too bad.

Today I went to a local shop here in Hong Kong. They sell minifigures separately. The owner managed to procure 20 Series 6 minifigs! It's a cash only store, and I only had enough cash to buy 1 fig. They figs are selling at 100HKD a piece.

The figs are selling out quickly though. He only had one each on the Genie and the Sleepy Kid. So I chose the Genie. There were also 2 minotaurs, 2 mechanics; and I don't remember the rest.

Does it mean that the figs are on sale somewhere in the world already? I wasn't expecting them until January 2012...

Here are the photos! Sorry for the poor lighting though.

There are 7 parts altogether:

6285962120_ac02109bd2_z.jpg

I really like the new "smoke" leg piece. However, the plastic is still the Chinese-plastic.

The Genie assembled! Rub the lamp to make a wish!!

6285961484_b3b9065d4b_z.jpg

This is a great minifig, great design! I love how the leg part can attach to the lamp!

Score: 9/10 (points deducted for the inferior plastic).

Cheers!

~tin7_creation

Edited by tin7_creations

100HKD is $12 Australian dollars (their Australian RRP is $5).

I think I would probably wait for their release at the price (do we know when their official release date is expected to be?)

Can't wait to see the picture.

where's the pic?

Dude, tin7 lives in Hong Kong now, he lives around Kowloon (it was on flickr) and the shop us in Mongkok. Its a weekday, Hong Kong traffic is very conjested, he can op to take the MTR, train, bus or taxi but its still gonna take a while. So don't be so hard on him. Hong Kong traffic starts in the morning and ends around midnight.

^no worries. I'm just askin since normally such photos will be asked to go off line by Lego. and I just want to see it before it's gone.

Nice find 'tin7_creations', though a little expensive isn't it ? :wink:

I like the lamp though, the accessories that come with the figures is sometimes the reason why I buy them. :wink:

Are you going to try and get the others ? :classic:

Brick On Collect On 'tin7_creations' ! :grin:

Nice find 'tin7_creations', though a little expensive isn't it ? :wink:

I like the lamp though, the accessories that come with the figures is sometimes the reason why I buy them. :wink:

Are you going to try and get the others ? :classic:

Brick On Collect On 'tin7_creations' ! :grin:

I will purchase the "Tired Kid" if I come across it (mainly for the hairpiece), the rest of them, I will wait until they come out officially in January 2012.

I initially dismissed the genie (and practically the whole series) when the first few pictures leaked, but this and the pictures of the whole set have got me excited, think I'll end up nabbing the whole set. Great figure and despte the hefty price tag (£8!!), it must be pretty cool being one of the first to own it.

BRING ON JANUARY!! :grin:

And thanks for posting this!! :sweet:

I initially dismissed the genie (and practically the whole series) when the first few pictures leaked, but this and the pictures of the whole set have got me excited, think I'll end up nabbing the whole set. Great figure and despte the hefty price tag (£8!!), it must be pretty cool being one of the first to own it.

BRING ON JANUARY!! :grin:

And thanks for posting this!! :sweet:

I was like this with series 5. Now the genie looks better, I really need the Roman though

Great news, but what's about the bags or "manual" sheets? We haven't seen even the photos of it, aren't we?

I find it odd they are already out, my series 5 box is still on pre order.

When series 4 just came out, I saw a series 5 zookeeper on sale in that very shop. The Hong Kong shop owners probably get them from the factories fresh off production.

Great news, but what's about the bags or "manual" sheets? We haven't seen even the photos of it, aren't we?

The minifig was sold without any packaging.

This doesn't need its own thread. I'll merge it with the Series 6 discussion thread.