Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Conclusion

I must say, I really don't like it when players become suspicious because of activity on Eurobricks (logging in as invisible, who's online, etc.). IMO, it's one of the worst ways to metagame (even though metagaming seems to be less of a concern lately...).

/rant

This is true, but with no night actions, what the hell were we supposed to do? /rant

And really, to agree further with you, Tammo's metagaming proved pretty disastrous. :laugh: The portal between EB and IRC/Writeboard. :rofl: Couldn't you have asked someone that before you voted for The Foog? : :laugh_hard: Sandy's right, though. Hope you're taking this in stride and looking forward to playing again. I guess I should be checking on that before hounding you further. :look:

Thanks, I love you too, you know that :wub:

I can agree on this game favouring the scum slightly, but I wanted to try one without Night Actions, and having the distribution be 11/2 meant the town just rolled over the scum all the time. (yes, I do run simulations for this). I do not agree about the scum being favoured in Infection though, the town had a ton of powerful Night Actions, and reserves for several of them (both cop and vigilante for instance), but the town just sucked badly in that one. As for Cornelia's gun that was just thrown in to avoid the "yet another person killed in bed" scene being a little different and hopefully less boring. (as you can surely see my setups for this game were limited :blush: (note to self: Belville scale stuff needs to be insanely huge)).

Looking forward to that, though I don't think I'll be signing up. I'm sure it will be as awesome as your games always are. :wub:

Well, the only reason I say you favored the scum in Infection is because you gave our vigilante away and protected the scum identity from us. No clues!... oh, except for that I Scream Clone is the vigilante. :tongue: But, you are right, this game, Bellville, was very close. Could've gone either way had everyone been given a brain. :tongue:

I'm sad you won't be in my next game. It truly won't be the same without you.

Duh! Every person reading the last day thread was slamming their head against a wall and cursing your name. The Foog ran a sting operation. You said yourself you thought iamded was scum because you saw him in personal messenger. When The Foog ran the same manouevre to find scum, you didn't think he was town????? :hmpf::wall::facepalm::hmpf_bad::wall: :wall: :wall: And as def pointed out, Rufus left the thread entirely and let you guys have the little spat. Wasn't it odd that he was reading the thread but not responding to anything?

I have to admit, there were about twenty times during Day 5 when I almost said, "This doesn't make sense, I'm just going to vote for Rufus and hope for the best." I only kept arguing to convince myself that Fugazi was scum and reinforce my gut feeling. :facepalm:

OK, sorry for being so belligerent towards you Tammo. I was incredibly pissed watching the last day. :blush:

No problem; I understand that seeing your team lose is hard, but seeing an almost perfect victory get messed up by a n00b player must be torture. :grin: Sorry guys!

Tammo, better luck next time.

Thanks, Hinck! I learned a lot from this game, and I certainly won't make the same mistakes again.

I should copy the conversation between me and Cornelius while Tammo was voting for The Foog. But only if Tammo has an iron ego. :blush: It was more than acidic, it was vitriol. :grin:

I don't mind. :laugh:

I almost forgot, I'm hosting next. Sign-up will be on Wednesday. I have chosen a format that supports 17 players.

Sounds good! I'll be out of town from Tuesday to Saturday; how long do the sign-ups last?

In any case, I hope I get a chance at redemption soon! :excited:

To be fair to Tammo, I doubt he memorized Werewolf and the Forest before playing this game.

I really should have done that; I didn't even start reading back over Bloodbrick until Day 5!

Captain, Tamamnonamao... :look: um ... Tammo, I gave you a title. I will remove it if it hurts your feelings. It's meant in good fun. :blush:

Thank, Hinckley! I love it! :sweet:

It seems like I've gotten the nickname, 'Tammo', because of my ridiculously long name. (I don't even know why I chose it in the first place... :look:) I'll have to change my name to Tammo sometime (or at least just 'Tamamono').

What was Amy thinking in being invisible on day 4? That was an absolute gift. I wouldn't have dared use it against him if he hadn't made it so obvious. Most players with any experience will keep an eye on who is reading the thread and refresh regularly, and for iamded to pop up with a post with the little face-icon greyed out makes it clear - it wasn't just me who spotted it. I would certainly have called him out on it if I had been town, too.

Hinck caught me logged on invisibly during Bloodbrick, and it very nearly cost me the game (and my sanity) - and I was scum. Sorry, iamded, but to do it when you're town is suicide :laugh:

Even I keep an eye out for people viewing the thread. (Although I should've used both my eyes on Day 5!) I was suspicious of iamded already, but the invisibility sealed the deal for me.

But seriously, Tamamono, I really hope you aren't upset. This really isn't anything personal, it's just a game. All of us have screwed up in these games, some worse than others, and usually we are the one's who give ourselves the worst beating over it (Hinckley's an expert on this). You may be mocked now, but I hope you take that as a challenge to sign into the next game and play some more. You did well in Mafia School, so please say you won't quit playing over this. :classic:

I never had any intention of quitting; you guys are stuck with me. :grin: To tell the truth, I was actually rather worried that you all wouldn't let me in games anymore because of what happened in Belville Mafia. :blush:

And really, to agree further with you, Tammo's metagaming proved pretty disastrous. :laugh: The portal between EB and IRC/Writeboard. :rofl: Couldn't you have asked someone that before you voted for The Foog? : :laugh_hard: Sandy's right, though. Hope you're taking this in stride and looking forward to playing again. I guess I should be checking on that before hounding you further. :look:

I was actually going to ask you what it meant, but I thought it would be against the rules.

As I told Sandy, I'll definitely be signing up for every game I can, so hound away! :tongue:

Could've gone either way had everyone been given a brain. :tongue:

I never received a brain; I got guts instead. :grin:

I never received a brain; I got guts instead. :grin:

:laugh_hard: That's hilarious. Off to Oz with you.

The sign-up thread will be up for a week.

:laugh_hard: That's hilarious. Off to Oz with you.

We're off to see the wizard... :grin:

The sign-up thread will be up for a week.

Great! :thumbup:

Anyways, thanks again for letting me play, Quarryman! I had a fantastic time, and you did a really good job hosting even when it wasn't convenient for you.

I can't believe we won! *oh2* Seriously, though, I had actually just left my computer when Foog tried his thing. I came back about 10 minutes later, saw that Rufus PMed me, and I was immediately wondering why he couldn't have just posted on the writeboard. A bit of a :wall: moment. I had to go to Brickfete just after (?) both Fugazi and Def voted for Rufus, so I basically said "I guess there's a still a chance we can do this. Good luck. Oh, also, I'm leaving for the rest of the day." I thought we were screwed. I got home that night around 10 hours later, opened up the writeboard, and there were tons of messages from Rufus. "Vote for Foog now and we can win!"

Sent 8 hours ago.:enough:

So, I opened up the day thread here. I had one tab opened writing out my vote, another tab open reading through what I'd missed (about 3 pages worth), and another open to the list of Tammo's recent posts to make sure he hadn't unvoted Foog. I also noticed Tammo was reading the thread, so I kept refreshing to make sure he didn't unvote. Definitely stressful at the end there!

I had a great time playing with Rufus and Shadows, and everyone else!

Thank you very much for hosting the game, Quarry, especially amidst some real life troubles.

What a game! I don't think I've ever checked for updates multiple times during a game I wasn't part of. Congrats Rufus and Ricecracker. Don't be too hard on yourself Captain Tamamono we all slip up at times, heck I've gone with my gut and against a Sherrif's guilty verdict before and been punished for it. Good job hosting Quarryman it's quite a comitment for anybody. I'm looking forward to the next game Hinckley though it's going to start back up right when classes start again :facepalm: Ah well sleeps over-rated :laugh:

Here's my role:

07_amy.jpg

Amy Spalkowa - daughter of Irena and Sammy, sister of Rupert

A bright and likeable girl you're everything your older brother Rupert is not, but you still love him and the rest of your family. Clearly you are Loyal to the family. You have no Night action.

Well, I tried. :tongue: Congrats Rufus and Ricey, a well deserved win. :thumbup:

I can't say I'm up to Hinck's level of mad dedication to Mafia, but I'm certainly still aiming there. Let's hope I can do better in the next game...

It was a fun game, while I had time. I still feel kinda bad for leaving early, but well...thanks to def for stepping in. :classic:

And congratulation to the winners. I suppose the townies made it too easy, killing so many of their own. :look:

You did a good job in hosting, Quarry! Maybe the timing wasn't perfect, but overall, it went well.:thumbup:

I enjoyed it a lot, hoping I'll make it into Baritones. :sweet:

I can only laugh at the ending. I planted a few vague seeds of doubt against people during my short life and then died quickly for absolutely no reason at all, which was hilarious. The town got it right by holding me to an unfair standard given that no one can contribute anything helpful on day 2, and frequent posting is not a sign of innocence, nor is the opposite a sign of guilt. I was literally noobed to death, then got to watch my partners burn their way through, or more directly, watch you burn yourselves. All in all, one of my happiest early deaths. :grin:

Sign in to follow this