Sign in to follow this  
mattb483

(MOC) H.M.S Saint Matthews

thindexedgif.gif 105C

Well back in March I showed off my latest creation the HMS saint Matthews a three Decker ship.I got alot of good feedback so i decided to rebuild her from the ground up, so here she is in all her beauty.. first though I would like to thank Captain Green hairs helpful build a frigate tutorial, and admiral croissants realistic sail tutorial! With out further ado here she is!

side.jpg

bow_front.jpg

stern_side.jpg

full_veiw.jpg

the_bow_side.jpg

stern.jpg

the_bow_front.jpg

more pics here check out my page when public My link

What a beauty, Well done on a great ship!

Well deserving of a place on the Blog.......so

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Whoa! :wub:

Suddenly an amazing ship out of nowhere! And what a beauty she is!

The colours are nice, the shape is perfect, the sails are even better and everything is so detailed! :pir-cry_happy:

Truely an amazing vessel, I only miss the name at the stern, and perhaps you can change the headrails to yellow, but that's about it!

Nice lanterns too. :pir-wink:

That's truly amazing, everything is just so :pir-wub: ! Much improvement from the last version, which was already pretty good. Are there cannons behind the gunports?

Edited by Skipper

She's a beauty, there one thing I don't like about it though but it's inherent to the prefab hull pieces you used. You see the stern doesn't have a smooth connection to the hull, it's a dissadvantage to the new hull pieces. I don't really know what you can do about that, yet I can't help but notice.

Just a small issue actually, overall this ship is great, love it. :pir-classic:

Very nice ship! I like almost everything about it. The shape, the colours, stern details and the arrangements.

As others have said though, I think the stern is a bit too large and prominent and indeed yellow headrails are more realistic.

It's nice to hear that my sail tutorial was useful to you, and I must say that your rigging and sails look excellent.

Good luck on future improvements if you're planning to do so, and thanks for sharing!

Very nice! The thing that instantly jumped out at me was the stern with it's round shape, nearly a circle, and I think it looks awesome! The tried and trusted colourscheme of yellow and black always looks good and the whole ship looks very formidable. I agree with others that yellow would look better for the headrails. Excellent work!

Excellent looking ship!! I especially like the stern and the masts/rigging... nice work!!

Absolutely fantastic!! Love the rigging/sails and the decoration at the stern especially.

Nice work!!

This is a brilliant ship, I have one question, does it open up? is there an inside as well?

Fantastic build :pir-sweet:

This is a brilliant ship, I have one question, does it open up? is there an inside as well?

Fantastic build :pir-sweet:

+1 we want more ! we want more !

:pir_laugh2:

Its a very beautiful ship!

But i think the biggest ship class for prefab hulls is a frigate.

With two gun decks it could look a little bit clumsy.

But actually you did a great job on it and i think the height of the masts solved this problem (you can see it on the third and fourth pic).

Wellesley