Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: Day 5

There's no way I can explain it while remaining in character. Suffice to say that in his hurry to act, Rupert didn't use his secret scummy channels to communicate, but rather more obvious methods.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can just scratch out the words whisper. What method was he using?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can just scratch out the words whisper. What method was he using?

Potato Messenger

Tammo, you're really making a big mistake. When Rochelle gets back, she's going to vote for Fuschia, and you're really going to feel like a sucker. It really couldn't have been explained more clearly... Reread all I posted today.

Scum doesn't work as hard as Fuschia does. The only reason Rupert started saying anything is because I called him out on it. Which in itself is scummy.

If you don't change that vote, I hope you are the other scum. I don't think Richelle is gullible enough to make that mistake.

While I'm still sure that Rupert is scum, Tammo's animosity and mistrust -- despite never having accused him -- are making me willing to consider that I could be wrong about Richelle.

Either way, the Loyal between Tammo and Richelle will get to choose how this day ends, and if there is a tomorrow. If Richelle votes for me, the game is over. If she votes for Rupert, then it will be clear that she's Loyal and that tomorrow Tammo is your target.

On the other hand, I still believe that Tammo should be Loyal, so I beg you to reconsider your vote. You didn't give one good reason for you to vote for me, since the start of this ordeal talking about your 'gut feeling'. Do you have anything better to offer? Are you ready to lose your life and your family over your gut feeling?

On the other hand, I still believe that Tammo should be Loyal, so I beg you to reconsider your vote. You didn't give one good reason for you to vote for me, since the start of this ordeal talking about your 'gut feeling'. Do you have anything better to offer? Are you ready to lose your life and your family over your gut feeling?

I trust my intuition much more than I trust you. Besides, I have plenty of good reasons for voting you:

- You baited the vote earlier, but you didn't give anyone time to react, you simply unvoted and said, "Those who replied are evil!".

- Whenever either Rupert or I say something, the two of you disappear for a little while and then come back with your responses at the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

- You've used many different methods to try to get me to vote Rupert today: 1. You presented the faulty evidence, which I did not see- and I've been online alert for quite a while now. I would have certainly seen this 'evidence' of yours. 2. You and PP started saying that I'm probably scum because I'm not following you like a mindless drone. If this tactic had worked, I might've backed down and voted for Rupert out of fear of being unfairly lynched. 3. You said that you didn't care which way the ordeal ended, you just wanted it to end it. This would make me feel sorry for you and vote Rupert. 4. You tried to make me feel pressured by saying that it all rested upon me. If I felt pressured, there would've been a higher chance of me slipping up and voting the wrong person. 5. Then, after Rupert and I voted for you, you started going off about how I'm 'giving away my life' by voting for you. 6. You tried to make me doubt myself by asking me I was willing to give up my family on my gut instinct.

And that's just today. Would you like me to put together a list of everything suspicious you and PP have done since the start of the reunion?

Give me one good reason why I should unvote you that isn't listed above. If you can, then I might just reconsider my vote.

Oh Tammo, there will be a lot to think about in the post game if you turn out to be town.

Whenever either Rupert or I say something, the two of you disappear for a little while and then come back with your responses at the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

What are you talking about? I went to bed for a few hours, and in that time, you and Fuschia had a little tete a tete. Before that, I kept the window open to follow the arguments as they came up. And I posted along with Rupert and you.

Hey, whenever you post, Fuschia posts. Coincidence? I think not. You must be working together :hmpf: And I'm working with you and Rupert :hmpf:

You and PP started saying that I'm probably scum because I'm not following you like a mindless drone. If this tactic had worked, I might've backed down and voted for Rupert out of fear of being unfairly lynched.

I never said anything like that. I thought you were scummy because of your voting record, and in this case because you're making a vote that makes you either scum or a n00b. That's the way it looks. We'll find out soon which one you are. At this point, I don't expect you to change your vote. I think you ignored all the points about Rupert acting scummy, and there were lots. Stuff to deeply consider in the next life. Scum or n00b...

I won't comment on the rest of your notes since they aren't about me. Fuschia can address them if she chooses.

Besides you shouldn't mess with me, I have a snowflake on my forehead. :tongue:

Besides you shouldn't mess with me, I have a snowflake on my forehead. :tongue:

What the hell? You had this long, drawn out post addressing all the points I mentioned, but it turned into this. :wacko: Could someone explain what just happened?

Sorry, wrong button. :blush: Here's what I was saying:

- You baited the vote earlier, but you didn't give anyone time to react, you simply unvoted and said, "Those who replied are evil!".

You replied, yet I didn't say you were evil. Rupert didn't reply, yet I'm accusing him. Do you understand that part of the reason I'm accusing Rupert is his launching into a private conversation right after I cast my vote?

- Whenever either Rupert or I say something, the two of you disappear for a little while and then come back with your responses at the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

That is hardly evidence of anything, besides it's not strictly true. See, if we were truly communicating privately, we would be able to make sure that we don't look like we're acting together.

- You've used many different methods to try to get me to vote Rupert today: 1. You presented the faulty evidence, which I did not see- and I've been online alert for quite a while now. I would have certainly seen this 'evidence' of yours.

You just mentioned that you weren't paying attention to Rupert when I cast my vote because you were busy replying yourself. You are contradicting yourself.

2. You and PP started saying that I'm probably scum because I'm not following you like a mindless drone. If this tactic had worked, I might've backed down and voted for Rupert out of fear of being unfairly lynched.

Any tactic is good if it helps this family survive. Anyway it's not much of a tactic, it's more Loyal people thinking aloud because they're not able to share their ideas privately.

3. You said that you didn't care which way the ordeal ended, you just wanted it to end it. This would make me feel sorry for you and vote Rupert.

It was just a sincere expression of my feelings, you decide what to make of it. I wasn't trying to make you feel sorry for me.

4. You tried to make me feel pressured by saying that it all rested upon me. If I felt pressured, there would've been a higher chance of me slipping up and voting the wrong person.

If you are Loyal, then you do have all the pressure upon yourself. Realising it can also make you think harder.

5. Then, after Rupert and I voted for you, you started going off about how I'm 'giving away my life' by voting for you.

Yes, I'm Loyal so if you are too, by voting for me you're giving away your life. It's simply the truth.

6. You tried to make me doubt myself by asking me I was willing to give up my family on my gut instinct.

I obviously want you to doubt yourself, because you're not making the right decision.

And that's just today. Would you like me to put together a list of everything suspicious you and PP have done since the start of the reunion?

Give me one good reason why I should unvote you that isn't listed above. If you can, then I might just reconsider my vote.

You have been suspicious of me on and off since the start of this ordeal. If I were scum, you would be long dead. And don't tell me that it would have cast the suspicion on me or whatnot. You were suspicious of plenty of other people too.

Oh Tammo, there will be a lot to think about in the post game if you turn out to be town.

I never said anything like that. I thought you were scummy because of your voting record, and in this case because you're making a vote that makes you either scum or a n00b. That's the way it looks. We'll find out soon which one you are. At this point, I don't expect you to change your vote. I think you ignored all the points about Rupert acting scummy, and there were lots. Stuff to deeply consider in the next life. Scum or n00b...

And now you're trying to make me fear ridicule from my fellow mafia players good people after the game reunion is over.

You replied, yet I didn't say you were evil. Rupert didn't reply, yet I'm accusing him. Do you understand that part of the reason I'm accusing Rupert is his launching into a private conversation right after I cast my vote?

That's the only thing that bothers me about this situation. The Potato Messenger conversation between Rupert and Richelle. If it were just one of them, it could be a coincidence, but it's both of them. :look: Just to clarify, my vote is not set in stone, but your replies are definitely not helping your case.

That is hardly evidence of anything, besides it's not strictly true. See, if we were truly communicating privately, we would be able to make sure that we don't look like we're acting together.

Whenever I say anything, the two of you disappear from the room, and then you come back and reply in rapid succession.

Yes, I'm Loyal so if you are too, by voting for me you're giving away your life. It's simply the truth.

That's what they all say in these types of games situations.

You have been suspicious of me on and off since the start of this ordeal. If I were scum, you would be long dead. And don't tell me that it would have cast the suspicion on me or whatnot. You were suspicious of plenty of other people too.

No, you kept me alive because there was always a slight hinting that I would be suspected in the end. Admit it, you killed Aunt Cornelia because she was the only trustworthy one left.

Here's another thing: why is PP fighting to keep Fuchsia alive? Now, I know that you're going to say that it's because you want the town to win, but why do you think so adamantly that the only right choice is Rupert? It seems like you're about ready to follow Fuchsia to the ends of the earth. The two of you seem a bit too close...

And now you're trying to make me fear ridicule from my fellow mafia players good people after the game reunion is over.

No, I'm making the situation clear so there's no doubt about it afterward. In my many lives, that's the way I've been. Particularly as a townie at the end of my game.

And nobody else will ridicule you. The people here are kinder than that. You'll do it to yourself, because even when the situation was spelt out for you, you "went with your gut."

Anyway, enough of this, let's wait for Richelle to finalize this game.

And nobody else will ridicule you. The people here are kinder than that.

No, of course they won't, and I know that. That's why your attempt at getting me to unvote didn't work.

You'll do it to yourself, because even when the situation was spelt out for you, you "went with your gut."

In my experience, over-thinking things leads to second-guessing yourself, and that leads to failure. Remember when Jacob started the vote against Irena? He said that was his gut instinct.

No, you kept me alive because there was always a slight hinting that I would be suspected in the end. Admit it, you killed Aunt Cornelia because she was the only trustworthy one left.

So you're saying that Petra, Richelle and Rupert are not trustworthy, yet it's me you're voting out?

You're arguing too much to be scum, unless what you're trying to do is to convince Richelle to vote for me. If she's scum as I'd like to think, she certainly will.

No, of course they won't, and I know that. That's why your attempt at getting me to unvote didn't work.

:hmpf: Jeezus. Give it a rest.

So you're saying that Petra, Richelle and Rupert are not trustworthy, yet it's me you're voting out?

If I trusted Richelle and Rupert, I wouldn't still be arguing with you. I'm only still arguing in hopes that you'll give me a good reason to change my vote, which you still haven't done.

Anyways, it seems like you two have given up. Sorry if my arguments have seemed a bit harsh in the last few hours.

If I trusted Richelle and Rupert, I wouldn't still be arguing with you. I'm only still arguing in hopes that you'll give me a good reason to change my vote, which you still haven't done.

You ignored the arguments. If you really want them, read this thread :hmpf:

Here's another thing: why is PP fighting to keep Fuchsia alive? Now, I know that you're going to say that it's because you want the town to win, but why do you think so adamantly that the only right choice is Rupert? It seems like you're about ready to follow Fuchsia to the ends of the earth. The two of you seem a bit too close...

I didn't clearly address this point;

Voting for Rupert is the only way to not lose.

If Fuschia were scum, we would have already lost. He would have coordinated his opening vote with his scum mate, and when I placed my vote, they would have won the game.

The rest was clearly explained here (but as we've seen, arguments are less valid than your gut):

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58210&view=findpost&p=1037249

At this point, we can also say:

Fuschia was right about the gang up theory. If Rupert were innocent, and Tammo scum, then Tammo would already have cast the lynch vote. He hasn't, so that is impossible.

Both Tammo and Rupert could be scum. In which case, Tammo would have to do the calculation of when to give up on his partner.

The only case where both could be innocent would be if Fuschia and I were both scum, and I know I'm not, so that means Rupert is definitely guilty :moar:

Since I'm town, I know that Fuschia must be town. Therefore Rupert must be scum. It's the only way the numbers add up. Of course, I didn't put your gut into the equation, so the math might not work for you. But, as I said, and you foolishly took as some sort of fear tactic, if you are town, you can puzzle this over in the afterlife how you ignored everything even though it was delivered right to you. I haven't worked with Fuschia at all, but between her and Rupert, she gave off big town signals, and Rupert gave off big scum ones. For you, you get this: :facepalm:

Rupert must be doing cartwheels waiting for Richelle's vote.

Oh, and one last thing. If we vote out scum, the game isn't over. If we vote out town, the game is over. So, scum aren't going to come out and make hard alliances, because that would doom the other player on the next game day. Understand? So, if Fuschia and I were scum, we would jeopardize our survival by coming to such a close agreement, since the other would just get picked off the next game day.

So basically, Fuschia and my behaviour is once again not the behaviour of scum players. Again, I realize that I'm not factoring your gut into the equation, but it works a hell of a lot better when I ignore your gut.

Vote: Fuschia (Fugazi)

I'm really not convinced of Fuschia's baiting as loyal behaviour.

Well, that seals the deal. Let's just hope we made the right decision.

Damn you Tammo! I'm town, therefore scum is with you! :damn:

Keep in mind that the votes are locked now that majority has been reached (that's still a rule here, right?). So, this isn't me trying to convince you to change. This is me telling you I'm town.

I think you just lost the game. You and your gut :ugh:

<There is a slight, very slight chance that there were only two scum to begin with, and Fuschia was the second, but that still wouldn't make any sense of her behaviour today. I stick with the previous statement. The game is over. >

Vote count:

Rupert Spalkowa / Rufus: 2 (Fugazi, def)

Fuchsia de Belle-ville: 3 (Rufus, Captain Tamamono, Ricecracker)

The Day has ended with the conviction of Fuchsia, it is now Night. Please get those Night Actions in as soon as possible. :classic: