Sign in to follow this  
jansued

The killin' goose

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello!

My FBTB contest entry:

In the never ending mission to build the ugliest fighter in the Galaxy, I am more or less proud to present the W-Wing ("The killin' goose").

Made for deep space ARC Missions - especially to destroy medium vessels like frigates etc. - it was an early predecessor of the Y-Wing. It had an awful punch with 4 double laser turrets, 2 Ion cannons, 2 BFG mass driver canons, 4 Torpedos, 2 Ion Bombs and 6 F&F Anti-Fighter Rockets. The main disadvantage was its non existing manouver capabilities.

The pilots developed the "Chicken tactic": A direct, frontal attack with all weapons system and than a fast escape - just to prepare the next attack run.

5984263299_6683650087.jpg

P1040779 von jansued2 auf Flickr

5984265523_e1566f93f7.jpg

P1040791 von jansued2 auf Flickr

5984825800_f5c88a7e6b.jpg

P1040777 von jansued2 auf Flickr

5984819840_8211d4c800.jpg

P1040762 von jansued2 auf Flickr

Flickr

Guess it will be killed by "R" or "O" or "T" ...

Regards, Jan

That thing is HUGE! I really like the overall shape even if it is very bulky. Still a very cool build. :thumbup:

I'm a fan of it. I like the red/yellow on the end of the wings.

I could even see this as a realilistic fighter if the wings could straighten in atmospheric flight.

I'm a fan of it. I like the red/yellow on the end of the wings.

I could even see this as a realilistic fighter if the wings could straighten in atmospheric flight.

I was just thinking that. Or even just horizontal at the tips, they're begging to move.

This is an awesome ship! I love all the greebly goodness on the wings and hull and it really does have the look of a "real" ship. I honestly can't pick out a favorite part, and this is FAR from ugly, dude.

Very very nice jansued. It's like a cross between the Nu-class, and the V-19, and boy is it huge. Very nice.

This is nice as much as it is big , nice work jansued . I think you should be a bit more optimistic about the contest , after all , it's a very nice entry !

I'm not sure how I missed this...

I think it's a great looking ship! I love the design, looks very swooshable. I certainly like the symmetry of it, too. The layout is just great. With those monster wings, imagine the payload that sucker could carry! :laugh:

Please do not revive year-old topic only to say how you like the MOC.