Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Fabuland MOC: Ricky Raccoon's Hot Rod

builders_guild.gif

Fabuland's Ricky Raccoon has a new ride. He has replaced his scooter with a fast new hot rod.

tn_0324-2_jpg.jpg

5984793608_55753eccfd.jpg

5984790878_fb262b9a5c.jpg

5984788938_99bf247c67.jpg

5984787274_de23f207b0.jpg

Bigger versions of these pictures on flickr.

Edited by Rick
Indexed

Pretty! I love the color scheme! It is bright, but not outrageously so, and the yellow as a highlight to the red is very nice. I love that you left the engine parts reasonable colors as well, it really makes it feel more like a car, and actually makes it seem fancier somehow. Finally, the little piece that pops up in the front (I'm drawing a blank on what it is actually called on a car...) really is quite simple and cool. It looks very much like a functioning, if a little flashy, car, which is something I don't see to often in Fabuland and I really enjoy.

I think Ricky Raccoon has just become the coolest guy about town in his new Hot Rod! :wub:

That looks like a monster (and detailed) engine, that will surely pack a punch, and with those huge headlamps (which look curiously like fried-eggs on taps :wink:) he'll have a clear view of the road ahead as he zooms about Fabuland. The red and yellow colour scheme work nicely and suit the Hot Rod well, which still fits the Fabuland feel so well; it's just disappointing for other Fabulanders that they can't catch a ride - Ricky's too cool for passengers now. :grin:

Great creation, Rick! :sweet:

Great MOC! I love how despite being intricately brickbuilt, it still has the same sort of cartoony design as a lot of Fabuland parts. I like the red and yellow color layering along the side. The engine is also very nice. Who knew there was a place for greebles in Fabuland?

Pretty! I love the color scheme! It is bright, but not outrageously so, and the yellow as a highlight to the red is very nice.

Thanks Zeph! Black and yellow looked a little boring, so I added the red.

Finally, the little piece that pops up in the front (I'm drawing a blank on what it is actually called on a car...) really is quite simple and cool. It looks very much like a functioning, if a little flashy, car, which is something I don't see to often in Fabuland and I really enjoy.

Hood ornament? :wink:

Well, looks like I achieved what I was aiming for: a somewhat functional look, while retaining the Fabuland feel. I swapped out colors quite often on this one. For example, the grille pieces on the engine looked 'too serious' in gray, so I made them yellow.

That looks like a monster (and detailed) engine, that will surely pack a punch, and with those huge headlamps (which look curiously like fried-eggs on taps :wink:) he'll have a clear view of the road ahead as he zooms about Fabuland. The red and yellow colour scheme work nicely and suit the Hot Rod well, which still fits the Fabuland feel so well; it's just disappointing for other Fabulanders that they can't catch a ride - Ricky's too cool for passengers now. :grin:

Great creation, Rick! :sweet:

Thanks Pandora. Sorry I can't offer a lift to a cute Panda. :grin: The huge fried-egg taps headlamps were inspired by Hinckley.

Great MOC! I love how despite being intricately brickbuilt, it still has the same sort of cartoony design as a lot of Fabuland parts. I like the red and yellow color layering along the side. The engine is also very nice. Who knew there was a place for greebles in Fabuland?

Thanks Aanchir. I hope I achieved the right balance between (somewhat) realistic and cartoony with all the bright colors.

Sweet ride, seems to be a lot of progress in the the fabuland-carsdesigns during the years :wink:

Sweet ride, seems to be a lot of progress in the the fabuland-carsdesigns during the years :wink:

I like it, but my only suggestion is that the rear tires need to be larger and thicker than the front ones. Hot rods are usually jacked up in the back.

Edited by gotoAndLego

love it! it really does have a great fabuland feel to it. I especially like the engine and I think the yellow is perfect. personally I try not to pair yellow and red because it muddles both colors (blue is what I like to pair with yellow), but your design works well. I could see a lot of folks going the custom decal path with this but I am glad to see you didn't.

Mmmm, Ricky has a lovely little hotrod there! I particularly like the use of the tap pieces, especially for the exhausts at the side :wub:

It's not often we see MOCs from you Rick, you should post more! :moar:

Impressive ride! The colour scheme is very nice, and the overall design really says 'muscle car'. Ricky Racoon must be proud of it :thumbup:

I'm just not sure how that 'windscreen' keeps flies away from his face, though :laugh:

I'm just not sure how that 'windscreen' keeps flies away from his face, though :laugh:

Maybe it's deliberate. Maybe raccoons eat flies? :laugh:

Maybe it's deliberate. Maybe raccoons eat flies? :laugh:

Touchè :laugh: I did not consider that aspect :blush:

It really has a fabuland feel, Rocky looks right say home, and the size is perfect.

So COOL 'Rick', great work on the engine and rear end.......is it a 'FooseLogo.jpg Goose - car designer genius' creation ? :laugh:

Thanks, but I just follow the examples set by Fabuland master builders such as Sir Nadroj and Hinckley.

I like it, but my only suggestion is that the rear tires need to be larger and thicker than the front ones. Hot rods are usually jacked up in the back.

Thanks. I didn't try other tires, mainly because I didn't have any larger ones in my MOC supply. :blush:

love it! it really does have a great fabuland feel to it. I especially like the engine and I think the yellow is perfect. personally I try not to pair yellow and red because it muddles both colors (blue is what I like to pair with yellow), but your design works well. I could see a lot of folks going the custom decal path with this but I am glad to see you didn't.

Thanks. I wasn't actually planning on making it two-toned, but for Fabuland just black and yellow looked a little boring.

That's very nice, Rick! A charming and well-detailed creation. :classic:

Thanks. :classic:

It's not often we see MOCs from you Rick, you should post more! :moar:

Thanks Rufus. If I'd have more time... and more skill :grin:

Impressive ride! The colour scheme is very nice, and the overall design really says 'muscle car'. Ricky Racoon must be proud of it :thumbup:

Thanks LuxorV. 'Glass' (transparent pieces) just doesn't have that Fabuland-feel to me, hence the choice for the fence piece.

It really has a fabuland feel, Rocky looks right say home, and the size is perfect.

Thanks Cam.

So COOL 'Rick', great work on the engine and rear end.......is it a 'FooseLogo.jpg Goose - car designer genius' creation ? :laugh:

No, it's a Ricky Raccoon Custom :tongue:

Love the new ride! The colour scheme which you have done is very matching for our dear Ricky Raccoon. :wub:

Awesome job, Rick! It's great to see activity amongst the Fabuland Builders Guild again. I really love the headlights and the pistons. The pistons are especially clever. The color scheme is great and I like how you kept it consistent even through the engine block. My favorite feature, though, has to be the adjustable steering wheel. With that sort of feature, you could market it to Fabuland and System figs. :grin:

Awesome! Bring us more! :moar:

Love the new ride! The colour scheme which you have done is very matching for our dear Ricky Raccoon. :wub:

Thanks Fangy. :sweet:

Great hod rod 'Rick'. Definitely an upgrade from a moped. Great job on the design default_classic.gif

Thanks LGG. :classic:

Awesome job, Rick! It's great to see activity amongst the Fabuland Builders Guild again. I really love the headlights and the pistons. The pistons are especially clever. The color scheme is great and I like how you kept it consistent even through the engine block. My favorite feature, though, has to be the adjustable steering wheel. With that sort of feature, you could market it to Fabuland and System figs. :grin:

Awesome! Bring us more! :moar:

Yay FBG. :grin: The idea for the headlights obviously came from your Gordon and Brando pickup trucks. :blush: And the piston design I think I saw with -zenn's hot rods. Putting the steering wheel on a hinge was not primarily done to make it adjustable, but it's more or less the only way to nicely fit it (without having to resort to a - IMO - too small 'regular' steering wheel). But yeah, it works pretty well with a system minifig as well. Thanks for your comments. :sweet:

And I'm working on another small Fabuland creation. :wink:

And I'm working on another small Fabuland creation. :wink:

Where? Where? :wub_drool: Let me see! Oh. :cry_sad: I want to seeeeee it. :cry_happy: Please???