sam89

All other new 2007 sets (including new theme)

What the heck? Where's the Vikings? Where's the KK2.4? Where's the X-Pods? Where's the beef?

Looks like I'll be going back to only buying Bionicle.

The X-pods are the

What ?? Xpods are creator sets ?? Really ?? :-D (Just in case, I was being ironic here :-P )

Vikings like Dinos are dropped hewkii9. Also January would be way too earlly for KK4 since KK3 just came out (probably will come out next june or so) ;-)

*yoda*

What the heck? Where's the Vikings? Where's the KK2.4? Where's the X-Pods? Where's the beef?

Looks like I'll be going back to only buying Bionicle.

Creator

LEGO Creator 4915 Building Vehcile Set (

Ding-dang-diddly-darn.

At least there are... the exact same X-pods.

well the rational explanation is that these sets (including spongebob) are north america only (or at least for 2007). so you wont find them on amazon.de just yet. we'll probably hear more of them when the news eventually leak out.

sorry if i am stating what was obvious to everyone... *wacko* *sweet*

Ooo, my bad! I didn't know this was from the Amazon.de directory! See, I thought these were one of those booklets they gave to retailers. Heh, whoops! :-P

Anyhoo, it's possible the X-Pods may be re-paints. Kinda like that halloween X-pod we got an October some time ago. I really hope that Vikings weren't dropped yet though. I was really getting to enjoy it! I sure hope it's another "spring release" that isn't mentioned yet. :-(

I can't wait for next year. All the sets sound pretty good.

Boy my wallets going to be on a hurtin...

Interesting Technic lineup. Presumably, there will be more than just those sets. I'd like to see so big Technic sets again in 2007 (as I'm trying to build the new Tow Truck right now.) Also, what about some Mindstorm NXT packs?

Are you seriously hoping for this ? After seing the entry for the moonbase contest of a Lego designer who is working on a new 2007 line (that should be the aqua raiders), I definitly don't think it'll be Jules Verne style. Trans red, yes, Jules Verne, no X-D

Agh. I was excited more for this line when I thought it'd be more like Aquazone, black with trans neon green.

But damn, looking at the designer's set, and the last Alpha Team aqua sets, AAAAAND the fact two of these new ones are a lobster and possibly a crab...

...it's going to be trans red, isn't it?

V__V

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

i dunno man. to me, sharks and mantarays are much larger than that. horses i can see being one-piece. but did you know in the very first castle set the horses were actually made from bricks? only later did they change that to one-piece horse.

now, sharks, mantarays, crocodiles and dinasours (from the jurassic park series not the dino attack ones) shouldn't be one-piece units. reason is because they are much much larger than that. it just strikes me as odd...a big great white shark is like huge. no, humongous! 30-40 feet, a few ton creature. how can that one piece dingy thing be called a great white? it should be like the length of the viking ship. *wacko* sorry if you don't share my views. :-P but we dont all have to agree you know. ;-)

Great whites are typically about 20 feet long, athough the largest recorded was 37 feet long, if I'm not mistaken.

I've recently moced up a shark more to that scale in relation to a minifig...

fish%20teaser.jpg

He's a great white in scale but his teeth make him look more like a mako shark. :-/ oh well, I just wanted to try something different from the obvious tooth piece.

Now more on topic... When I first seen the Aqua Raiders I was really excited *y*

I immediately assumed that names meant animals, but on second thought they are most likely submarine names as in Aqua Zone theme. I'm keeping fingers crossed for creatures and a classic pirate hull for the ship wreck *sweet*

And for the rest, they maybe nice for parts, but thats it for me.

Everyone thought Spongebob would be crap, but it turned out to be good. I'm reserving judgment on the Aqua Raiders, but looking forward to seeing them.

a big great white shark is like huge. no, humongous! 30-40 feet, a few ton creature. how can that one piece dingy thing be called a great white? it should be like the length of the viking ship

Maybe, but a such shark wouldn't be a mf scale for me.

Yes and they were right, the brick horses were not as good as the molded ones ! One think I'd like are movable legs though. It would help so much in brickfilms...

I agree with that.

sorry if you don't share my views. tong.gif but we dont all have to agree you know. blink.gif

I know and I hope that! It's good to have some different point of view.

I hope too that the new firestation will not be a red police one...

since this is only my second year back from the dark ages i wanted to ask how long it usually takes before we can see some pictures of the new sets?

Last year we got pics on October 4th (I did a search). But we could get Star Wars pics earlier than that on Starwars.com.

New Exo force is very welcome.

I am interested to see how the Aquaraiders turn out but I hope we see transparent parts in colors we don't already have. Trans-yellow would be very welcome in some new bubbly shapes.

I sure hope these are price holders instead of actual costs. I don't think I would ever pay $5 for an xpod.

What new Belville sets are coming. I wasn't able to figure out what the titles meant?

any news from that Exo-Force Bridge Walker thingy we heard of a few while ago? I loved the alternate models of it... especially that white fighterjet... it would fit nicely along my stealth wasp...

I sure hope these are price holders instead of actual costs. I don't think I would ever pay $5 for an xpod.

That price is in Euros.

That price is in Euros.

and it's for germany. so, to convert to us prices, first convert to usd, then halve it, ie ~$8 /2 = $4. :-)

Its fun to notice that the Creator series undergoes the exact same path as the '05 & '06 line !!

* 4 pods with the same theme: flying, vehicle, animal & robot

* small Cars

* a house

* flying machines

I wonder what type of animals will be released next :-P

I mean, using the exact same pattern seems weird to me !! (like another firemen theme !! Okie we'll have police in '08 :-D )

*yoda*

That price is in Euros.

You mean Europeans have to pay five Euros for an xpod?!? X-O That is too much! It makes me glad to live where I do.

We only pay $3.50 for the current ones and I am hoping the new ones also.

That price is in Euros.

You mean Europeans have to pay five Euros for an xpod?!? X-O That is too much! It makes me glad to live where I do.

We only pay $3.50 for the current ones and I am hoping the new ones also.

Well, we Europeans always pay way more than you Americans. It's really sad actually. I bought the Batwing and Batmobile on Bricklink. I had to pay an enormous shipping cost ($35), but I still saved

German vs US prices (S@H)

Pasesenger Train #7897

99.99 EUR

79.99 USD (~ 62.28 EUR)

Cargo Train #7898

159.99 EUR

149.99 USD (~ 116.78 EUR)

Two set Total 259.98 EUR

Two set Total 229.98 USD (~ 179.08 EUR)

That's around 80EUR saving on two sets. Plus they are probably manufactured here and it costs TLG money to ship them to the states.. We are getting ripped off big time.

Peter

not necessarily. some governments give tax rebate for export oriented industries. if the goods produced are meant for export, the sales sometimes get taxed at a much lower rate. so much so that TLC may be able to afford a much lower sale price overseas than in local markets. for eg, japan has been known to have such tax rules. US sometimes accuses japan of "dumping" goods in the US markets due to the much lower sale prices in US compared to japan.

not necessarily. some governments give tax rebate for export oriented industries.

I can imagine that's part of the reason, but my guess is that the competion in the USA from mega blocks and other toys is much greater than that in the eurozone.

Although I've also found in the past that most other goods are much cheaper in the USA. So much that its worth exporting from USA, paying the import tax in Germany + shipping and I still save a lot. My last digital camera, monitor and PC all came from the states. But next year the sales tax is going to be another 4%higher here :( so I guess should just buy my lego wishlist now :)

Peter

Well, the old debate. I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer from TLC on this... And yes, we pay 5 euros for an Xpod, and don't laugh, but we think they are cheap !