ACPin

Community Build: SW Episode IV - A New Hope

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

ebsw_anh_cb.png

As the title says, calling out all MOCers interested in building using a common theme. Instead of having to build in the confines of the Venator, I'm simply proposing to build based on the movies one at a time, starting with SW Episode IV - A New Hope.

No rules regarding scale (minifig, micro, UCS, midi), size (vignette, 32x32, 48x48, larger) or type (diorama, vehicles, creatures, minifigs, what not). Not a contest, just a chance to build with everybody in the common theme SW Episode IV - A New Hope. Create as many MOCs as you want but please do your best as there are a lot of critics around here. :wink:

Target end date is August 31, 2011 which gives more than a month to come up with your best works.

Guidelines for posting;

1) Post your MOC on as a separate topic in the LSW forum with the subtitle CB SWIV - A New Hope

2) Reply to this thread with your MOC and link for the thread about it.

3) Photo is optional (max picture resolution for deeplinked pics is 800x600)

4) Your entry will be added beside your name in Sign-ups

Sign-ups;

1) ACPin - Tatooine Sand Dunes, DS Core Shaft

2) Brickdoctor - [LDD MOC] TIE x1 Advanced

3) lightningtiger - If this is a consular ship, WHERE is the ambassador?

4) stark mark 5

5) M<0><0<DSWIM - Trapped In The Trash Compactor

6) The Legonater - MINI Death Star Battle

7) Lord Of The Fries - A Small Slice of Tatooine

8) Masked Builder - Tantive IV - Scenes From Inside

9) Bayou - ObiWan, you are my only hope

10) Troopmaker - [LDD MOC] Tattooine Moisture Evaporator

11) Kaitan - Treadwell Droid

12) the-bricking-builder

13) dragunov

14) lego-maniac - Mos Eisley Microscale

Post your comments and if you intend to join this effort!

AC

I do have some questions:

• This is only an online community build, correct? No plans to bring the creations together in one place?
  • Since scale or type doesn't matter, the models are not meant to fit together in anything other than theme, right?
  • Are virtual models allowed?

I do have some questions:

• This is only an online community build, correct? No plans to bring the creations together in one place?
  • Since scale or type doesn't matter, the models are not meant to fit together in anything other than theme, right?
  • Are virtual models allowed?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

AC

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Someone's agreeable today.:snicker:

I'll do this. I'll probably do a TIE/ln in minifig scale. Whether it will end up being virtual or physical (at the moment it looks like it'll have to be the former) is the question.

Though I must admit, I'm not sure how much of a true Community Build this'll be without the intention of all the MOCs being pieces of a larger one.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Hm, I don't know... Has this been approved by the mods? The "theme" sounds a bit too vague in my opinion, especially since not even the type of MOC is specified. :sceptic: I think one of the best things of a community build is it that all the entries are like segments of one large super-MOC. This, however, seems like it would just end up in a bumch of random MOCs that don't have anything in common other than having appeared in the same movie. I think it would be better if you were to at least narrow it down to one location, such as Tatoine or Death Star. But maybe it's just me.

Either way, as I'm not an OT fan, I don't plan on joining. Sorry.

Someone's agreeable today.:snicker:

I'll do this. I'll probably do a TIE/ln in minifig scale. Whether it will end up being virtual or physical (at the moment it looks like it'll have to be the former) is the question.

Though I must admit, I'm not sure how much of a true Community Build this'll be without the intention of all the MOCs being pieces of a larger one.

Great, though you don't have to mention what you intend to build.

All the pieces become part of the common theme, not meant to be physically constrained.

Hm, I don't know... Has this been approved by the mods? The "theme" sounds a bit too vague in my opinion, especially since not even the type of MOC is specified. :sceptic: I think one of the best things of a community build is it that all the entries are like segments of one large super-MOC. This, however, seems like it would just end up in a bumch of random MOCs that don't have anything in common other than having appeared in the same movie. I think it would be better if you were to at least narrow it down to one location, such as Tatoine or Death Star. But maybe it's just me.

Either way, as I'm not an OT fan, I don't plan on joining. Sorry.

I didn't know that it has to be approved as such, but well I'm pretty sure we'll find out. This is a little bit more free-wheeling in a sense but with little contraints, it's sure to be able to accomodate everybody no matter how much or how little their brick supply is.

It's also start to find out how many would participate and maybe later on have more ideas on specific criteria that everybody can build on. The less constraints, the more are expected to be to contribute.

Still early and feel free to join in if you decide to change your mind.

AC

I didn't know that it has to be approved as such, but well I'm pretty sure we'll find out. This is a little bit more free-wheeling in a sense but with little contraints, it's sure to be able to accomodate everybody no matter how much or how little their brick supply is.

I suppose I'll wait for Staff approval as well. Though our mods have apparently been interrupted by real life of late.

If the mod's okay it, I'll jump with a MOC for a change ! :grin:

I presume you'll be jumping with an MOC to the right? :tongue:

This is a pretty cool idea, A.C., and a good way to see who's paying attention/interested around here! I'm an Original Trilogy fan all the way, and definately plan to crank something out (not sure what scale yet). So, count me in!

FYI. I've already sent PMs to both KimT and KD about this.

If the mod's okay it, I'll jump with a MOC for a change ! :grin:

Alright!

count me in :)

You're in!

I suppose I'll wait for Staff approval as well. Though our mods have apparently been interrupted by real life of late.

I presume you'll be jumping with an MOC to the right? :tongue:

They're probably both enjoying vacation where there's no internet connection! :laugh:

This is a pretty cool idea, A.C., and a good way to see who's paying attention/interested around here! I'm an Original Trilogy fan all the way, and definately plan to crank something out (not sure what scale yet). So, count me in!

Another one in!

I might join, if this gets staff aproval.

Okidoki!

AC

PS. I've already started clearing out my work table so I can get started on this!

Count me in please :grin: .

Counted!

AC

Main post edited to include guidelines for posting and sign-ups!

Official confirmation from the mods received. :thumbup:

Thanks KimT and KD! :sweet:

AC

PS. Now everybody get started already! :grin:

Already looking at either a vehicle or one of seven scenes to choose from......31st August - no problem.....may the Eurobrick be with us all ! :grin:

I'm not sure to understand all the consequences of this, but I'm definitely in (if I may) ! :sweet:

If I understand well, we will make some MOC on ep.IV but with no rules of size, scale etc. OR the rules will come later ? (I use the word "rules" but I now it's not a contest, I mean "guided lines")

thanks,

Can I participate too please, I'd love to take part in something like this !

Edited by Troopmaker

I'll give it a go too - I'm still on limited bricks as most of my collection is in storage, so it won't be huge and spectacular, but I'll do my best :)

Kaitan

I'll give it a go too - I'm still on limited bricks as most of my collection is in storage, so it won't be huge and spectacular, but I'll do my best :)

Kaitan

I'm sure as long as you build something cool from Ep IV (as I know you will), size matters not!

Sweet! I'll start working on something right away!

As will I. :classic:

Already looking at either a vehicle or one of seven scenes to choose from......31st August - no problem.....may the Eurobrick be with us all ! :grin:

And they're off! :laugh:

Since I have nothing better to build...Count me in! It'll be fun to build some pre-trilogy too.

You're in!

I'm not sure to understand all the consequences of this, but I'm definitely in (if I may) ! :sweet:

If I understand well, we will make some MOC on ep.IV but with no rules of size, scale etc. OR the rules will come later ? (I use the word "rules" but I now it's not a contest, I mean "guided lines")

thanks,

You're in and you got it right. No additional rules needed only guidelines for posting your MOC.

Can I participate too please, I'd love to take part in something like this !

You're also in.

Kaitan

So do you! :classic:

I'm sure as long as you build something cool from Ep IV (as I know you will), size matters not!

That's the general idea for this.

I will not be able to build for a week (because I don't have access to my bricks) so don't expect anything from me until the 7th or 8th of August :grin: .

There's still plenty of time.

AC

PS. Just started mine today and surprise, surprise. It's a diorama! :wacko::tongue: