Geertos13

Professor Slughorn's Classroom

Hi Eurobricks!

This is Geertos13 again! A few days after my Great Hall MOC was published, I'm bringing you a new creation! As usual, my MOCS have the usual design, as they're all film sets! But I particularly like this one! Classrooms are always kind of simpel to build, but this one really was a real challenge! Potions is a very different subject than the usual spells casting, and requires more space, more objects and, more Cauldrons! So, before getting into detail, I am proud to present :

Horace Slughorn's

Potions Class!

[5978442817_b7c4dfbb54_z.jpg

Here we are then! On this introduction picture, we see Professor Slughorn teaching the Sixth Years Students about different potions! The large cauldron in the front, filled with pink liquid, is Amortentia, a love potion. And the golden, glowing potion in the top is Felix Felicis, also called Liquid Luck. Both the golden glow and the cauldron's vapor were done in post production of the Brickfilm.

Let's get a closer look!

5978434165_5ed1466569_z.jpg

Here we can get a better look on the general design of the Classroom. Inspired though not totally based on the movies, the hole thing is a mix between the books description, the games, the movies and most importantly, my own vision of the scene and my imagination! Of course, and once again, this set is built with the constraints of Brickfilming in the back of my head! So, as seen in this picture, Slughorn is standing behind a general potions desk, and talking to his students who're all standing in the back of the room. On the different small tables in the background, a few "Advanced Potions Making" books can be spotted. Against the walls are placed long shelves with hundreds and hundres of different potions and ingredients!

5978432017_f5a403e8b2_z.jpg

Here a little shot of the students, who from left to right are : Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, Lavender Brown, Ernie McMillan, Hermione Granger, Romilda Vane*, Draco Malfoy and Pansy Parkinson.

*Though Romilda is stated to be a fourth year student in the books, she is presented as a Sixth Year in the Half Blood Prince movie.

And for those reasons I kept her in aswell. Notice that Katie Bell, who was in the Movie Scene was deleted from my scene as it would create a serious problem for Quidditch in the movies. :sceptic: As Harry is the youngest player in hundreds when he is selected in his first year, Katie Bell needs to be at least one year older than Harry to be allowed on the Quidditch team. She is actually only one year older than Harry, as seen in Half Blood Prince, as she is still at Hogwarts when Harry is in his sixth.

5978993488_d39103d7a6_z.jpg

Another General Shot, this time, Displaying Harry, arriving too late at the Potions class, as he didn't initially wanted to continue potions because when Snape teached the subject. He only accepted students who obtained an "Outstanding" for their O.W.L.'s exams.

5978995676_61a030c060_z.jpg

In this Shot, Harry and Ron are fighting the Potion Books. Like the movie, one book looks like it has been puked on, the other one is brand new! Ron eventually wins and obtains the good looking book. Unfortunatly for him, while having the best looking book, he hasn't the best instructions :wink:

5978982856_74d19e461f_z.jpg

Here, we see the dreadful looking,(though very usefull :devil:) book that is "property of the Half Blood Prince" These particular instructions will help Harry to obtain a perfect draft of Living Death, a powerful poison who makes the person who drinks it falls into a deep,

unweakable sleep. These particular instructions will not only help him to get a perfect potion, thanks to them, he'll also win a tiny vial of Felix Felicis!

5978429957_d51a2a20d2_z.jpg

In this shot, we see Seamus' living death exploding after he added the wrong ingredient. A scene almost copied word for word from the actual scene in the film, as in the movies, Seamus blowing things up is a regular joke.

And to finish, a picture of the highly wished, and very powerful Liquid Luck.

5978427719_64e1ba8abb_z.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this little MOC, as much as I did building it! C&C always appreciated :tongue:

To finish, if you want to see Slughorn's Classroom come to life, then watch this lovely Brickfilm, Harry potter and the Half Blood Prince part 7

Edited by Geertos13

This looks like a great representation of a Hogwarts classroom. I think you captured the scenes brilliantly. I was going to make a rendition of Snape's potions room/office eventually. I don't recall from the movies how different the room looked with Slughorn vs Snape. I wonder if one was "cheerier" than the other.

Nice MOC, I always like when a brickfilmer pays attention to their set. It makes the movie so much better than just 2 figs talking to each other on a baseplate.

You're potions classroom is very good! Though seeing as you're basing everything from the movie, meaning the Professor Slughorn shouldn't have a mustache, he only has one in the book. And the Slughorn in the movie wears a graduation hat so maybe the graduate from the minifigure series hat could work? Anyway, very nicely done :classic:

Brilliant Classroom! :sweet:

I like how you threw different potions everywhere. As for Slughorn, I might have to steal that design!

Nice scene, although one of the most simple aspects, I really like all the different colored potions.

Oh how I love to pop by at random ocassions and look up your most recent MOCs :grin:

As always I love your set designing, mainly since you're one of the few brickfilmers who cares about it, and these are good to the point of being stand-alone MOCs so that adds to your films, appearence wise.

Again, this is a fantastic MOC and even though you could have added more interesting design methods, the little details you have in there make up for it, leaving it far from a bland construction.

Cheers.

I've been trying to figure out what torso to use for Slughorn. And, my friend, you've solved my dilemma! :laugh:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64239379@N04/5992486280/in/photostream

Thank you so much!

(P.S.- This is also the first time I've watched one of your Brickfilms... fantastic! I'll have to feature them on my LEGO page on facebook!)

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

I've been following your HP creations for a while, Geertos, but I just never got around to commenting on them. This classroom in particular is very neat, I like all of the colorful bottles lining the walls and the attention to detail.

As for your brickfilms, they are wonderful. The animation is smooth, the special effects are cool, and the voice acting is great. Whoever voices Snape in your films does a great impersonation. :thumbup: The attention to detail in these is spectacular, as well.

Keep up the good work.

In this Shot, Harry and Ron are fighting the Potion Books.

They're fighting books? *huh* The world of Harry Potter sure is strange.

:head_back:

The classroom is good, but Slughorn looks way too grumpy and he shouldn't have a mustache. Aside from that, great work again!

Thanks for all the wonderful comments guys!

You're potions classroom is very good! Though seeing as you're basing everything from the movie, meaning the Professor Slughorn shouldn't have a mustache, he only has one in the book. And the Slughorn in the movie wears a graduation hat so maybe the graduate from the minifigure series hat could work? Anyway, very nicely done :classic:

Yeah I though of that hat, but I don't have it :tongue:

I've been following your HP creations for a while, Geertos, but I just never got around to commenting on them. This classroom in particular is very neat, I like all of the colorful bottles lining the walls and the attention to detail.

As for your brickfilms, they are wonderful. The animation is smooth, the special effects are cool, and the voice acting is great. Whoever voices Snape in your films does a great impersonation. :thumbup: The attention to detail in these is spectacular, as well.

Keep up the good work.

Awh thanks! You couldn't have given me a bigger compliment!

They're fighting books? *huh* The world of Harry Potter sure is strange.

:head_back:

The classroom is good, but Slughorn looks way too grumpy and he shouldn't have a mustache. Aside from that, great work again!

Whoups :laugh: I meant they are fighting over the books, little typo there.

Yeah I know he looks a bit grumpy, but that's always how I imagined him beeing in the Books! And as I am adapting him from the book he does have a mustache :wink:

These are really good Geertos! you're a man after my own heart, love to build MOC's with a good animation in mind.

I like Slughorn. As good as Jim Broadbent is in the films, he is nothing compared to how i envisioned him in the books. i actually saw him in my mind as looking more like the actor who played Vernon Dursley.

Hi Eurobricks!

This is Geertos13 again!

*snip*

AWESOME!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Insanely large quote pruned.