Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] O-Wing Fighter

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my entry for FBTB's "Alphabet Fighter" Contest, the O-Wing Fighter-"The Big 'O'"!

o1.jpg

The Empire, with a need for fighters that could travel through hyperspace, combined the design of the hyperspace ring used years before by the Jedi with the compact design of the TIE fighter.

o2.jpg

I used all my trans-light blue round bricks for this build.

o3.jpg

For some reason, only female pilots could operate the O-Wing, because only they seemed to understand the deep, dark mysteries of "The Big 'O'"! :wink:

o4.jpg

I find this to be a very nice MOC. Though I thought that all the ABCD-Wings were constructed by Incom Corp. that defected to the rebels.. but then, my knowledge of SW is only marginal.

But this...

For some reason, only female pilots could operate the O-Wing, because only they seemed to understand the deep, dark mysteries of "The Big 'O'"! :wink:

... do I misunderstand this or is it just a very vulgar joke? :sceptic:

Edited by Horry

Nice work, Mood! I love how the entire craft is composed primarily of circles, tying the whole design together. Plus your backstory was believable. :thumbup:

I find this to be a very nice MOC. Though I thought that all the ABCD-Wings were constructed by Incom Corp. that defected to the rebels.. but then, my knowledge of SW is only marginal.

Nope. To pick a very prominent example, the Y-wing was produced by Koensayr.

But this...

I'm not completely up on who made what in the SW universe. The 2nd part is an "adult" joke. I wouldn't say it's "vulgar", just not something a younger person would understand. :wink:

Nice work, Mood! I love how the entire craft is composed primarily of circles, tying the whole design together. Plus your backstory was believable. :thumbup:

Nope. To pick a very prominent example, the Y-wing was produced by Koensayr.

Thanks, Doc! Once I decided on the letter "O", I really thought about how I could incorporate the circular design into the ship. I decided to use the shape as much as possible to convey the idea. :classic:

Nice! The shape works well, but maybe some more black or dark grey would be better since it's an Imperial ship.

I also noticed that the ship kind of resembles a crosshair, which is a nice addition. :classic:

Nice! The shape works well, but maybe some more black or dark grey would be better since it's an Imperial ship.

I also noticed that the ship kind of resembles a crosshair, which is a nice addition. :classic:

Thanks! There are quite a few parts, especially in the pylons and along the sides of the cockpit that are dark gray. It's kinda hard to see in the pics. I originally was going to add some black hinge plates along the outer ring, but thought it might be too much.

If I recall correctly, only the X-wing and A-wing are Incom. The B-wing is from Slayn & Korpil, and the Y-wing (as Brickdoctor mentioned) is from Koensayr. If you want to bring the Expanded Universe in, there's the V-wing airspeeder, also from Slayn & Korpil (though it looks like it would be from Incom), and the K-wing, also from Koensayr (hence the resemblance to the Y-wing). The E-wing, though one would expect it to be Incom, is actually from some obscure manufacturer called FreiTek.

Would somebody like to explain this joke (though I suspect I already know...)

TIE/lns looked almost white in the original Star Wars, so I think the color is fitting. But that's just me.

'Mood' dude, that is so smegging AWESOME ! :excited:

Fantastic design and a joke.....Big O.....could be that scene in 'When Harry Met Sally'...Yes, Yes, Yes ! :iamded_lol:

Or I could be mistaken ! :iamded_lol:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'Mood' ! :smug:

'Mood' dude, that is so smegging AWESOME ! :excited:

Fantastic design and a joke.....Big O.....could be that scene in 'When Harry Met Sally'...Yes, Yes, Yes ! :iamded_lol:

Or I could be mistaken ! :iamded_lol:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'Mood' ! :smug:

Thanks, man! Yes, your explanation of the joke is perfect. I don't really want to put it into words in case I offend the younger readers (or their parents). :wink:

That girl sure is good at piloting her big ring... :drool: What? OK :classic:

Great ship, I love the colour scheme!

Excellent M<0><0<DSWIM. A very nice ship design. I love the shaping of it, although white isan't a very Imperial colour :laugh:.

Excellent M<0><0<DSWIM. A very nice ship design. I love the shaping of it, although white isan't a very Imperial colour :laugh:.

Thanks! It's actually light gray. It just looks white under the spotlights I use. :grin: