frogstudio

MOC - Modular Post Office | Flower Shop |Artist's Studio

Hi to all!!!!

I've been organizing my collection during the weekend and decided to grab the chance and picture all my MOCS (some are several years old). I'll be posting them during this week, so, if you're interested in this one, check them out... :)

Amongst my MOCS is this Post Office. I own several of the modular sets and always thought that the Market Street set doesn’t look right when placed in the middle of other two modulars. The lower part of it is too short compared to the height of the other modulars, so, the only option is to put it “at the end” of your street. But when you do this, it looks strange as it isn’t a corner building and the market area looks empty and bare. So, I decided to make a corner building that would solve the issue. It intends to be a barroque building and has three sections. A flower shop, which opens both to the street and the to the inside of the market area of the Market Street set, a Post Office, which takes the ground level of the corner and, above it an artist’s studio. The post office has a parking area besides the office itself. Hope you like it!!!! Comments are welcomed...Cheers!!!

post_office_001.jpg

post_office_002.jpg

post_office_003.jpg

post_office_004.jpg

post_office_005.jpg

post_office_006.jpg

post_office_007.jpg

post_office_008.jpg

post_office_009.jpg

post_office_010.jpg

post_office_011.jpg

post_office_012.jpg

post_office_013.jpg

post_office_014.jpg

post_office_015.jpg

post_office_016.jpg

post_office_017.jpg

post_office_018.jpg

post_office_019.jpg

post_office_020.jpg

Sorry!!! Had forgotten the most important one!!!

post_office_021.jpg

Edited by frogstudio

So much detail to love here. The stonework is a simple technique but you've made it look fantastic in this setting, and the red and yellow post office color scheme fits right in with the tan building. :classic:

Do you have any pics of it attached to Market Street?

Edited by Brickdoctor

So much detail to love here. The stonework is a simple technique but you've made it look fantastic in this setting, and the red and yellow post office color scheme fits right in with the tan building. :classic:

Do you have any pics of it attached to Market Street?

Sorry, had forgotten to link that one... :)

Sorry, had forgotten to link that one... :)

Thanks. :classic: Very nice. I must admit, as someone who doesn't own any modulars, (though they do tempt me - I'm just not going to start collecting yet another theme) I hadn't considered the need for a building like this. But Market Street does fit in quite well. :thumbup:

Beautiful. And I love the idea of linking it to Market Street like that. The colours you've chosen are very nice, and the detailing is perfect. The Segway is a nice touch indeed. Very well done!

How about a custom mail sticker on the scooter?

Oh, how did I miss this today.....you finest work yet 'frogstudio' and with excellent interiors and exterior detailing too ! :thumbup:

Keep them comming 'frogstudio' and Brick On ! :grin:

Nice!!

on a side note, the segway caught my attention

It did? It's a really easy build. You can use it if you want to.

About the sticker for the scooter, you're completely right. Got to do one for it...

This is a great modular in its own right, but the fact you went out of your way to help make the stumpy part of Market Street feel more at home in the block is truly commendable. I admit that I put that part in the closet and never put it on the shelf with the rest, despite rather liking the townhouse section.

First thing that strikes me about this MOC is the wide array and superb colours chosen.

Lovely details too makes this one of the best MOCs I've seen in quite a while!

Good job.

Most people, myself included, try to stuff as many fiddly details into the facades of our modular MOCs. Perhaps because it makes us feel clever :D . I really like the simplicity of details on your building. Its extremely good.

Cheers

First thing that strikes me about this MOC is the wide array and superb colours chosen.

Lovely details too makes this one of the best MOCs I've seen in quite a while!

Good job.

I'm really gratefull for all your positive feedback. Makes me want to get more bricks and star MOCing again!!!

First of all FrogStudio.... Great job with this MOC.

I love it. The building techniques are great and it looks very well thought out.

Plus it really does go well with the Market Street and the rest of the Modular Town Buildings

Superb.

I'm so happy that you found a cozy home for the Artist. I used to live next to a Swiss La Poste, and this MOC reminds me of good times living there.

You found a clever way to fit so much into such a small space without it appearing cramped.

Very nice work :thumbup: I really like the walls and the windows of the post office. It has a very good feeling :sweet:

Super work!

Wow this is an outstanding creation! *huh*

The architecture of this MOC is simply lovely! :wub:

I like the windows on the roof, the inner details and the color of this building! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This is an absolute masterpiece! :classic:

Many thanks to all for your positive feedback and comments!!! I'm glad I finally decided to post my MOCs. It's really nice to have some feedback on them, to improve the designs and keep learning. Cheers!!!

Many thanks to all for your positive feedback and comments!!! I'm glad I finally decided to post my MOCs. It's really nice to have some feedback on them, to improve the designs and keep learning. Cheers!!!

I'm glad that you decided to post them as well - really top-notch stuff! I've just blogged this building on Brick Town Talk and will definitely keep my eyes open for your designs in the future.