XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I agree. I think, though, that if we do see Clones sets next year, we won't see as many as there were Menace sets this year. We already have three subthemes, Menace, CW, and OT, going for the latest wave, and one of those themes (OT) is down to a couple sets. There isn't really room for a huge Clones wave. Unless, of course, Menace sets are making their final appearance in the Winter 2012 release, and Clones will take its place for the Summer 2012 wave.

Well, the TPM theme is likely just for now. I don't see reason for them to keep releasing PM when other movies are being rereleased as well. I don't think they will just consider Clones and Sith as Clone Wars. I think they will have separate sets for those as well. I'm not saying there wont be PM sets in the 2012 summer wave, I just think focus will start to shift over to Attack of the Clones.

Also, like I stated before, it seems like a good time for lego to start a new generation of Clone kiddies, with a gunship, AT-TE, and other sets. They could either do this with AOTC this year, or they could do it for ROTS in summer 2013. Depending, in 2013, we should see phase 1 or 2 battle packs. I'm not sure which of the options I like better, but I am kind of sick of the CW style clone troopers, and would like a return to EP2 or 3 Clones.

Well, the TPM theme is likely just for now. I don't see reason for them to keep releasing PM when other movies are being rereleased as well. I don't think they will just consider Clones and Sith as Clone Wars. I think they will have separate sets for those as well. I'm not saying there wont be PM sets in the 2012 summer wave, I just think focus will start to shift over to Attack of the Clones.

As I said in my post. :wink: I am aware that Menace is a temporary theme.

Also, like I stated before, it seems like a good time for lego to start a new generation of Clone kiddies, with a gunship, AT-TE, and other sets.

It makes sense, but I sort of doubt it. It hasn't been that long.

EDIT: Wait, will it have already been more than five years since CW when Clones in 3D is released? Wow. :blush:

Edited by Brickdoctor

Im interested to see what set we get Queen Amidala. I hope they dont throw her in to a random set like TLG is know to do a bit these days. Theed Palace would be nice with some pop out windows so that they can climb up the wall? A door that can lock out the droids? I cant really think of any other play freatures they would include. Maybe it will be like the new Hoth base - not so accurite to the movie? But I can still see her in some random set though.

As I said in my post. :wink: I am aware that Menace is a temporary theme.

It makes sense, but I sort of doubt it. It hasn't been that long.

EDIT: Wait, will it have already been more than five years since CW when Clones in 3D is released? Wow. :blush:

Yeah, it's been so long! I only realised that recently. 2002 Clone Wave - 2008 Clone Wave = 7 years. 2008 Clone Wave - 2012/2013 Clone Wave = 5/6 years. Seems about right.

Im interested to see what set we get Queen Amidala. I hope they dont throw her in to a random set like TLG is know to do a bit these days. Theed Palace would be nice with some pop out windows so that they can climb up the wall? A door that can lock out the droids? I cant really think of any other play freatures they would include. Maybe it will be like the new Hoth base - not so accurite to the movie? But I can still see her in some random set though.

Well if they do Theed in the first wave, then it'll probably be 7749 style, or an AAT with scenery for $60. Both of those would be nice little sets in my opinion.

Would the clones be Clone Wars clones or clones similar to the one in the swamp speeder do you think?

Would the clones be Clone Wars clones or clones similar to the one in the swamp speeder do you think?

If you mean Clones clones, I'd think they'd have to be new minifigs closer to the design of the original Clones and Sith ones. The CW ones are too cartoony-looking. Maybe a mold reuse of TLG gets lazy (and I for one would hate such a decision), but I'd think the print for sure would be different at the very least.

They definitely wouldn't be CW clones. If you mean from AOTC sets, then they could likely either have a CW helmet mold, or a new mold with different printing, then the same swamp speeder torso. If you mean for ROTS sets, then they could have the Swamp speeder torso, and a similar helmet, but I would hope for a printed visor, and holes for helmet attachments.

Kim usually starts these Pictures & Rumors, but seeing there are already significant news for next year's probable sets, and to avoid off-topic comments in the 2011 thread, I'm starting this one for 2012. We'll just update this first post/frontpage from time to time as soon as more confirmed news arrive. For now, I'll just list the ones that have already surfaced. Feel free to notify us for more news. Thanks!

Star Wars 2012 Sets:

(Images courtesy of Rebelscum)

9492 TIE Fighter

Figs: 4 (TIE Fighter Pilot, Death Star Trooper, Imperial Officer, R5-J2)

Price: ??? EUR / $??? USD

Parts: ??? pcs.

Release: January 2012

Unidentified Set with Queen Amidala minifig:

I LOVE the new Astromech Droid!

As well as the awesome new TIE Fighter!

I will have to pick that up!

Edited by KielDaMan
deleted images from quote

I really dig that Tie Fighter. Finally, one version that is different. (I mean the standard Lego Tie, not any other type, like the interceptor) I wonder if they are prelims... Don't we usually get the prelims first? Also, please excuse me if this has been asked, but was there a piece count or a MSRP on the display? I don't see one, but maybe an attendee could help... I also hope we get some info on the battlepacks, since they usually come out during the winter wave, and if the pattern continues, we are due for some OT bps :classic: .

If you mean Clones clones, I'd think they'd have to be new minifigs closer to the design of the original Clones and Sith ones. The CW ones are too cartoony-looking. Maybe a mold reuse of TLG gets lazy (and I for one would hate such a decision), but I'd think the print for sure would be different at the very least.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the Clone Wars Clones (as in, the animated series). All they'd really need to do is perhaps change the face print.

The oversized Super Battle Droids in the series were always a minor annoyance of mine, though the minifigure versions still remained the usual old style. I don't really think it's necessary for a completely new mould or torso print.

On the topic of the TIE's wings being too thick, it's fairly difficult to fix. The light grey pieces that make up the border of the wings are a stud wide, and it would be hard to substitute that while retaining the overall look from all angles.

Tie looks like an excitingly slimmer design, im liking it! The imperial figs look good so far, the r2 unit's head looks interesting.

Amidala looks great! I like it how their doing the skirt/dress, much better then the old pieces imo. :classic:

CF

That TIE looks amazing at first glance, but it seems more like a small UCS then. I love it when big ships get scaled down for minifigs (it's cute), but since some time TLC makes some of them bigger than they should be for minifigs. And that looks a bit strange to me..

Can't wait to see what set the new Queen Amidala minifigure comes with... so many possibilities! :laugh:

Here are some other ones, all in one place so no one has to go all the way back to the beginning to look at them. :classic:

268694_261191557231190_195027387180941_1284467_5216443_n.jpg

285036_261191587231187_195027387180941_1284468_317442_n.jpg

223784_261191530564526_195027387180941_1284466_1846777_n.jpg

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Yes, but in 2013, AOTC will be released in 3D, and in summer of 2012, they could focus on AOTC, just like how in summer of 2011, they focused on PM.

That's a good point. They did the Battle of Naboo as a precursor to the Episode 1 summer sets this year, so maybe they'll do one AOTC set in the winter wave. It's a long shot but it does make sense.

I hope that if LEGO does do AotC sets, it won't focus on anything that has to do with the clones in action at the end of the film. Sure, that's where many of the vehicles are, but it's all of the other parts of AotC that haven't been well represented. I'm sure a new Zam Wessel chase would be in order, but maybe (long shot) they could make a location like Dex's diner, or part of the cloning facility with a Kaminoan or two, or the Droid factory. I'd just rather the focus stay away from the Clones battling part.

I hope that if LEGO does do AotC sets, it won't focus on anything that has to do with the clones in action at the end of the film. Sure, that's where many of the vehicles are, but it's all of the other parts of AotC that haven't been well represented. I'm sure a new Zam Wessel chase would be in order, but maybe (long shot) they could make a location like Dex's diner, or part of the cloning facility with a Kaminoan or two, or the Droid factory. I'd just rather the focus stay away from the Clones battling part.

I agree with you, even though I could use a few non-TV-show-clones. It will be 4 years since Lego came out with the last LAAT and AT-TE, so don't be surprised if we get another batch of those. I wish we could've got a non-Clone-Wars Geonosian Starfighter, too. I would really like a new and bigger tusken raider set, with Shimi, Anakin, a few tuskens, and some tents. It's been a while since we got that set in stores.

I would love to see another Gunship. Truth to be told, I don't have that much feelings with the Zam Wessel, I love the color scheme of Slave I Boba more than Jango, I already have the AT-TE... Things that are left is the new Gunship with better mold color or new features. Both the old Gunship falls into my Dark Age along with Batman theme, now they are just out of reach :hmpf:.

So in short - avoid the precious few good parts of that film?

How about a 'naboo forbidden kiss' play set to go with your other attempts to ruin TLG...it's Star WARS remember

For gods sake Lego give us a droid control ship, could throw in scores of battle droids to liven things up and call it either a PM or AOTC set

I don't know if I place this question in the right thread, but because someone mentioned this, I assume I can ask it her..

What are ''system-style'' sets? I know the boxes had ''Lego System'' on it about 10 years ago or so, but what's ''system-style''? :sceptic:

I don't know if I place this question in the right thread, but because someone mentioned this, I assume I can ask it her..

What are ''system-style'' sets? I know the boxes had ''Lego System'' on it about 10 years ago or so, but what's ''system-style''? :sceptic:

Actually, the correct place to ask this is in our question topic in this forum. :classic:

I would love to see another Gunship. Truth to be told, I don't have that much feelings with the Zam Wessel, I love the color scheme of Slave I Boba more than Jango, I already have the AT-TE... Things that are left is the new Gunship with better mold color or new features. Both the old Gunship falls into my Dark Age along with Batman theme, now they are just out of reach :hmpf:.

Yeah, I missed out on the gunship too, but I got all the other CW sets. I was pretty bummed for a while, but luckily, I just scored a used gunship for $30 last weekend, so I'm satisfied now. :sweet:

But I would still like to see another wave of AOTC sets, and like it or not, I really don't think TLG is going to release a Dexters diner set (this reminds me of a specific topic on FBTB :wink: ). A Zam chase is possible, but really, the main choices are Gunship, AT-TE, Slave 1, Spider droid, Dwarf Spider, Hailfire, and then battle packs. I think the current Geonosian Starfighter is just fine, and we don't need another one.

The Slave 1 seems likely. I know we've had like six of them, but we only got one of Jangos, and I'm sure, knowing the guys at TLG, they can't wait to make a Jango with the new mold.

I don't think we will see another LAAT/c for AOTC. That set was done perfectly, and it was a one time thing. Although, now that I think about it, that would be cool to get the Dropship by itself, that way you could buy multiples for your different tanks. :sweet:

Well the proper place would be in the "General LEGO Star Wars Questions" thread, which is pinned on the front page of the forum. But system sets are pretty much normal minifig scale sets that LEGO releases. For example, Anikan's Jedi Starfighter, or the Clone Turbo Tank. UCS sets (UCS AT-ST), mini sets (Mini General Grievous Starfighter), and Technic sets (Technic Jango Fett) are not system sets.

Edited by brickbuilder

I'm right there with you. I think with the synergy between Clone Wars and AoTC, Lego has a great opportunity to provide the Gunship and other militaristic vehicles for the Clone Wars part of the line and the other, less already covered by old sets, scene sets for the AoTC part of the line. Heck, they could even call a Tuskin set an OT set as long as it doesn't have a murderous madman (also known as the protagonist of the Clones Wars cartoon) in it.

-Tohst

How in the world did we get 14 pages of speculation from three pictures?

Actually, most of the comments here probably belong in the Future Star Wars Sets thread.

Edited by fallenangel309