XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Nope, I don't believe we've seen that one yet - thanks for the link! :classic:

Those figures are looking great. At first I was wondering why they added the strange prints to the stormtrooper body and helmets,

but it turns out it's supposed to be dirt. Makes for some far more realistic sandtroopers.

Nice to see some leg printing too, but I'm not sure if that would blend in well with regular stormies.

The Endor rebels are looking great as usual - nice to see a new trooper added in as well.

He could very well be the old rebel we see plenty of times in ROTJ.

C-3PO's new torso print is looking great - I've always wondered why they never made it like that before.

Black hips never worked well either - only bad thing about it is that he probably won't fit in along with the other Protocol Droids.

Commander Gree looks great as well, but that set's best things are the Geonosians for certain, in my opinion!

The zombie Geonosian looks great already. I'm not expecting them to use 2 identical wing designs,

as the zombie Geo would require torn/ripped wings to be more accurate.

As for Barriss: I preferred the dot-eyed version of her by far, but I'd have to blame TCW for that.

A dk. blue hood (if that's what it really is) might be useful.

The ARC Trooper looks great, I hope the fin is accurate as well (i.e., the Phase 2 helmet with the P.1 fin).

These commando droids seem a bit big, though.. :sceptic:

I hope they'll size 'em down a bit more.

There's not much else to say, I believe.

2012 looks to become a promising year! Lookin' forward to seeing the final versions of the figures. (And the sets too, of course)

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

So, the ARC Trooper there is Colt. Good, he by far had the most interesting design of all six that appeared through season 3...

The mini-figures do look good, especially Gree and Colt :thumbup:

The only annoying thing is though, this blows the ARF/ARC debate right back into perspective. Jedinews said it was a straight ARC Troopers vs Commando Droids battle pack, the first prelimary pictures had both mini-figures labelled as "ARC Trooper", but now this one appears to label it as ARF Trooper... can't wait for this issue to be cleared up with final, complete images.

R2 in the X-Wing seems to be darker blue print. While it's not entirely accurate, it does look quite nice. The stormies look a bit overdone, same with the Arc trooper :sceptic: .Oh well. From what I can see on Porkins it seems like only his face is what will make him fat. I was hoping for some different printing on the torso.

Hi

i am missing the bar in front of the engines. Instead there seems to be a round tile. Do you think this model will later come with a bar-sticker in front of the engines?

Dino

Was this posted?

*Snip*

If you read the last page, then yes. And deeplinking preliminary pictures isn't allowed, though the link's likely be removed anyway.

odd that in the mini figure line up, the rebel endor troopers have different torsos, but in the battle pack pic they have the same 'old style' torso.

Kaitan

great set of figs. Though I dont see much difference between this barriss offee and the one released a few years ago with the swamp speeder, are they supposed to be different ?

Pity the sandtroopers look better than the imperial trooper in the endor pack, dont see the point of the "droid escape", just another r2d2/c3po, r2d2 must be one of the most popular figures in anyones collection.

So, the ARC Trooper there is Colt. Good, he by far had the most interesting design of all six that appeared through season 3...

Actually, the ARC is this guy right here. If you look closely at the linked pic, the center of the ARC's helmet is gray and the other parts are white. However, with Colt, the center is white and the other parts are gray. Just so ya know. :classic:

Anyways, I do really like the ARC and the commando droids. All TLC has to do now is improve on the AV-7. (Seriously, the legs are just meh.)

The reason prelims are blurry is because they're small pics which are then enchanced on the net.

LEGO does NOT leak these pics - retailers do.

It's a retailer's catalog linked a few posts back and the retailer is clearly disregarding his NDA.

He could face a lawsuit for letting the catalog be photographed or even by showing it to people.

Anyways, 2012 looks quite good to me.

2012 looks even better and Droid Escape is an instant buy. I really hope it won´t be a special edition or store-exclusive set since those are always hard to get in Sweden.

Them Commando droids look black to me. I think they will look better with normal battledroidlegs, taken from set 8015´s assassindroids.

Edited by mordatre

wow thanks for those pics of the figs, all I have to say is awesome :wub_drool:

the ARC is awesome, the commando droids are a bit blocky like SBDs.

the Sand Troopers have leg printing!!! :wub_drool: Gotta love the weathered details aswell! New C3PO torso! That set just went from pretty good to must have.

Gree is pretty good will have to BL him.

no pics of the EP3 figs though. oh well enough to drool on for now :grin:

Hi

i am missing the bar in front of the engines. Instead there seems to be a round tile. Do you think this model will later come with a bar-sticker in front of the engines?

Dino

Yes, I fully expect it. I can't imagine they'd put a tile there if there wouldn't be a sticker for it.

Nice to see some color variety in Geonosians! All the minifigs look good to me, but then I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so I only have faint memories of what they should look like (in the case of some, like the Commando Droids, I've never seen them before at all).

Still no sign of the "Planets" sets we've heard about... wonder when pics of those will show up.

What is that cannon in the CW battle pack and I must say.....I want those commando droids ! :moar:

Though why on the X-wing we don't have the correct shape flashback arresters on the laser cannons....they are not round - these look too big. :hmpf:

Back to scanning the picture again. :grin:

Cool. As always, the figs are the selling point. Each figure is awesome, and I can't see any ones I don't like. I might get the CW BP and sell the droids though, as I'm not fond of them. I like how they included Wedge (?) and his droid in the X-Wing along with Luke.

Thanks for the new pics!

I think the design of the ARC Trooper helmet is pretty much like expected. As for the body/shoulder part, I would have prefered a complete new part as it was delivered with the Savage Opress minifig since the red epauletts look like red epaulettes, but not like the body armor worn by this guy. Plus, I don't think that the Kama looks good on this minifig. The Commando Droids on the other hand seem to look pretty good.

The Sand Trooper helmets look great, while their pauldrons make the troopers look weird. They finally have printed legs, but I'm yet undecided about the "dirty look".

I was hoping though that the ARF Trooper, the Scout Trooper and the Stormtrooper would come up with printed legs as well.

The minifigs of 9491 to 9493 look pretty good though.

Edited by Brickadeer

Very impressed with the new figs!

I was suprised to see the ARF Trooper again in the BP, I really thought that would not be the final fig as we only got him in BP this year. the commando droids look great, even if they are a little tall. The ARC from the season 3 opening episode is a stunning fig! :drool:

The endor BP looks great! One new Rebel for sure, can't quite make out if the other one is the same as the old Endor set or not.

I am a bit disappointed that one of the geonosians looks like it is a zombie drone. 2 nomal ones would have been perfect!

Wow, these are great pictures!

I'm really impressed with the 2 battle packs,the ARC trooper looks great, aswell as the commando droids and love the new rebel commandos.

The droid escape is really incredible(when it comes to minifigs)along with the x-wing. I hate to say it but the geonosian cannon is growing on me, I really like the geonosians and gree but I already have a Bariss Offee(well then again I have over 5 Anakins :grin: )

Did we get any pictures of the minifigs from the jedi interceptor?