XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I don't collect the Clone Wars sets (it's my way of limiting my collecting habits :wink: ), but I feel that as collectors we should understand the source material that these sets are coming from.

I don't think that's necessarily the case; look how many of the reviews in our LEGO Star Wars Index are written by AFOLs who aren't Starwarsians.

I don't think that's necessarily the case; look how many of the reviews in our LEGO Star Wars Index are written by AFOLs who aren't Starwarsians.

True, but I think a review is improved with knowledge of the source material when it comes to judging how TLG did with accuracy and the figures included.

True, but I think a review is improved with knowledge of the source material when it comes to judging how TLG did with accuracy and the figures included.

I thought the blocky and imprecise medium of LEGO and the fact that The LEGO Group will shoehorn in minifigures if it will sell a set meant that judging either of those categories was extraneous?

I was thinking that LEGO might release one big playset for each movie, stuff like set 8038. I already wrote about a playset for episode 1, so as for the rest:

[snip]

These are just your ideas, correct? They'd belong in Future Star Wars sets. This thread is for the discussion of 2012 Rumors.

I thought the blocky and imprecise medium of LEGO and the fact that The LEGO Group will shoehorn in minifigures if it will sell a set meant that judging either of those categories was extraneous?

No. I do judge a model on its accuracy when I review sets. The only thing is that I confine that to one rating category, so at most accuracy is only worth twenty percent of the score.

So I just got done with the light read that is this thread :sweet: (sarcasm) and I started thinking about the new "impulse" set (mini, minifig, and planet). Could it be possible that the planet could be similar to the globe in the POTC battlepackyish set? It is small for a lot of detail but I just thought I would throw it out there.

Edited by Smack

Must...urge...not to...UTTERLY AGREE with Brickdoctor...and...stay on target! :devil::tongue:

well, being a CW and prequel hater :tongue: i don't see the problem of doing a minifig based on an actual creature of the series...if the set is based on that sequence of episodes, why not? :sweet: by the way, hasn't the EU already done a novel based on some zombie stormtroopers?? (infected by some kind of disease i think) :sceptic:

Just to finish, a probable dumb question: should we expect some early preliminary photos from the 2012 summer wave? as far as i know, the new Amidala fig will be on one of the summer sets...have they ever done this before, showing a new minifig about a year earlier? *huh*

I think the reason we saw and know of the Amidala minifg is solely because of Comic Con. Now, why they decided to show what they have so far, if, she is in fact a summer minifig.

I think the reason we saw and know of the Amidala minifg is solely because of Comic Con. Now, why they decided to show what they have so far, if, she is in fact a summer minifig.

The reason we saw Amidala, no matter what stage of production she was in or what wave she's in, is that TLG knew that fans have been asking for this minifig for long enough that the revelation would (and did) generate massive hype.

The reason we saw Amidala, no matter what stage of production she was in or what wave she's in, is that TLG knew that fans have been asking for this minifig for long enough that the revelation would (and did) generate massive hype.

That's true. That little bee will be buzzing very loud till the day we see pics of said set.

*oh2*

Huh, now even more than ever i am glad to not watch the animated series. This set just died for me - may all figs be zombies or the cannon made of ... whatever...

We'll I wouldn't say it's as good as ESB, but I definitely do think the Clone Wars is awesome. The Landing at Point Rain series was one of my favorite storylines, and it's good to see they are doing a line of sets from the episodes, just like the Hoth and Endor lines. Hopefully we get Geonosis BP's soon. :wub:

The Landing at Point Rain is arguably the best TCW story arc and I'm not surprised that TLG is making sets based on those scenes. If you see nothing of TCW series I would suggest at least seeing these episodes. However, there are plenty of other episodes that are just painful and boring.

Edited by sharky

The Landing at Point Rain is arguably the best TCW story arc and I'm not surprised that TLG is making sets based on those scenes. If you see nothing of TCW series I would suggest at least seeing these episodes. However, there are plenty of other episodes that are just painful and boring.

Let's stay on topic, please...

These sets sound really good.

I wonder what the ARC trooper will look like... :sweet:

These sets sound really good.

I wonder what the ARC trooper will look like... :sweet:

Well I you watch all the trailers for the new season, the clones are in phase 2 armour. That could mean there is a very good chance these will be phase 2 with maybe a new helmet mold? :sweet:

Well I you watch all the trailers for the new season, the clones are in phase 2 armour. That could mean there is a very good chance these will be phase 2 with maybe a new helmet mold? :sweet:

:sweet::sweet: , They wwill need a new helmet mold to hide the ugly clone face instead of a hole

:sweet::sweet: , They will need a new helmet mold to hide the ugly clone face instead of a hole

I would be very suprised if the phase 2 helmets (which will be coming soon even if they aren't in the next BP) are not a solid helmet like the phase 1 and storm trooper ones.

CWseason4.jpg

Well, some nice ideas here

Umm, is any toy fair just around the corner or so? I really hope that we will get some pics for the upcoming wave soon. :classic:

Umm, is any toy fair just around the corner or so? I really hope that we will get some pics for the upcoming wave soon. :classic:

Not that I know of. Toy fairs are usually at the beginning of the year and are where we get pics of a Summer Wave, not a WInter one.

Though the X-Pods weren't exactly a huge success. If they are doing that, TLG is probably counting on the popularity of Star Wars to bring in the profits, which is probably a good thing. I hope this line survives if not only for the times every now and then when I want one rarer figure. I personally still think that cardboard-boxed LEGO looks best, and makes the toy look more like the classic high-quality LEGO that buyers like. But I'm not a kid, and maybe they like seeing their toys through plastic bubbles, as if they were purchasing action figures.

Oh well, not like we should be judging the book by its cover; or, rather, the set by its packaging.

What makes you think the X-Pods weren't successful? They lasted three years, which is an impressive feat. TLG doesn't keep sets around for three years if they're losing money by producing them, which is what I think constitutes a failure.

Anyway, the concept of the planet sets reminds me of an Episode I toy I got from some fast-food restaurant in 1999. It was a little model of Coruscant with a front that flipped open, and inside was a display of the Senate chamber with a moving senate pod thingy. It re-wound itself when the front was closed again.

Now, I expect that these "planets" sets will not have action features, and obviously they'll be LEGO rather than a single-piece fast-food toy. But I'm thinking the "planets" themselves will serve as both display pieces and "storage" for their contents. I don't know whether the planets will have any functionality as building elements (i.e. whether they'll have any studs), but still unique packaging is a tried-and-true method of selling products, and I'm not at all surprised to see TLG bringing it to the Star Wars theme (if that is what they're doing).

I would be very suprised if the phase 2 helmets (which will be coming soon even if they aren't in the next BP) are not a solid helmet like the phase 1 and storm trooper ones.

I certainly hope there are new helmets. Frankly, I prefer printed helmets to the weird open kind that has so often been used for non-CW helmets. Open helmets require black heads to be used on characters who realistically should have faces. And since there have been new helmets for Phase 1 clones and Mandalorians, I hope to see other "open" helmets get replaced at some point in the near future.

What makes you think the X-Pods weren't successful? They lasted three years, which is an impressive feat. TLG doesn't keep sets around for three years if they're losing money by producing them, which is what I think constitutes a failure.

Evidently I didn't pay enough attention to them while they were around. :blush:

If they do give them Phase 2 helmets, does that also mean Gree would have the same?

If they do give them Phase 2 helmets, does that also mean Gree would have the same?

Probably not, because the rumored set containing Gree is set around Season 2 and the Clones didn't have Phase 2 at that time.

Whoa, bit of a mouthful there :laugh: .

Well they did because what about the ARC troopers. You may say they did not appear in the TV program but in the comics they did. Ex Alpha-17,Alpha-2, Alpha-77

So what is Lego going to do about that i don't know.

Um, what? Your first sentence is a little hard to understand. What does 'Well they did' refer to?

I think I get what you're saying in the second sentence, but TLG doesn't make sets based on the CW comics.

Um, what? Your first sentence is a little hard to understand. What does 'Well they did' refer to?

I think I get what you're saying in the second sentence, but TLG doesn't make sets based on the CW comics.

Well, from the looks of his signature...*hint hint*

My signature is a joke.

Age: Eurobricks is a site intended for an adult audience, which for the purpose of these guidelines are people of around the age of 18 or greater. We reserve the right to ban anyone who does not meet that requirement. Posting that you are not an adult (hint hint) is a quick way to be banned.