XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Looks impressive, though the set is close to minifig scale (it's slightly over sized....look at the pilot's seat) why not a pilot, flight crew and the designer himself.....Admiral Ackbar ! :wink:

Any idea of the price in Aussie dollars ? :look:

But on the subject of to do with minifigs....would any one modify the cockpit to take a pilot ? :wink:

Personally going to pass on it, a bit expensive for what it is and there's nothing it does I like.

Personally going to pass on it, a bit expensive for what it is and there's nothing it does I like.

My immediate reaction was that a lot of people will pass on this.

It's not enough pieces, and it's rather expensive.

On top of that it is kind of an unusual looking ship to begin with and an odd choice for a UCS set in my opinion. It's just an awkward shape and is difficult to display.

I think this will go down as one of the less popular UCS sets.

I will likely buy it.

The wing-binding base against base technique is something I can't wait to try out. Not interested in picking up the model, for reasons stated by everyone above me but that has got to be my new groove.

And I think I can try it with the 2x6 version of that plate, and possibly the brackets that are showing up so much in the marvel sets.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

My 2 cents:

1) 200 euros for 1500 pieces? Here, Lego, here, let me pat your head. (I will probably buy it, though, since I have quite a feq points to redeem in their shop).

2) I fear that the longer "axis" wing will bend in a matter of months. Even in the video itself it was clearly bent, and I don't believe they've had that precise model hanging around for a couple of years just waiting to shoot the video. (Check at 1:16 for the full bending-parts-glory).

It's a nice looking ship. But at $200 USD? I think I am going to save that for a Haunted House instead. Looks like way better alue per $, and looks more fun.

(Check at 1:16 for the full bending-parts-glory).

At that time in particular, the weight of the model is likely supported by the stand, and the long wing has no axis upon which to bend. You are likely perceiving an optical illusion or distortion based on the size and shape of the model in regards to its angle and placement, and possibly due to the darker, recessed dividing section of the wing being located in the middle, thus suggesting an axis, interrupting what is in reality a straight line.

Furthermore, the video itself, and even HD pictures can be misleading, insofar as accurate assessment of any actual existing bending.

Ultimately, it's unclear if the wing is bending at all so far, and it's also worth mentioning that a certain amount of frame flex is A.) to be expected and B.) able to be rectified, via the very medium out of which the model is composed.

Edited by NoteWorthington

To me it doesn't seem like the cockpit rotates on it's own, or at least not smoothly. In the video when he is showing the cockpit, it looks like his hand is turning it. and then when he turns over the whole model, it seems to be in the same spot.

Edited by Ritz Brick

I was really excited about this one when I first heard about it, but after seeing it I'm a little underwhelmed. The $200 price tag and incredibly low price/piece ratio are NOT helping.

Okay, maybe not enough pieces for the money, maybe out of most people's price range, not an iconic Star Wars ship, and all that. It's true enough, and the set is definitely out of MY price range.

But...

Holy Hell, that is one frackin' beautiful model. I can't stop staring at the engine greebling and the textures and the detailing of the gun and the cockpit build and and and... UCS Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers never really blew me away - I think the scale on a model of such a vast ship makes it so the detailing doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. But the B-Wing is the perfect scale for rendering some beautiful curves and intricate structures.

IT IS AWESOME.

I like how the writer of that article said $200 is "cheap" and "Once they are out of production, these sets' price skyrocket to the thousands." :laugh:

Well yeah! For the gargantuan MF and ISD. The fighters vary wildly. And will often only cost a few hundred.

My first impressions of the UCS B-wing Fighter is its just not sexc, in particular the wings look clunky, they don't taper to a nice fine edge instead they use those 2x4 rounded blocks in a hit and miss sequence resulting in a messy fat edge.

In regards to minifigures there are a few arguements, first TLG has included figs in UCS sets in the past so why not this one, they are asking for a premium so it makes perfect marketing sense, it's no secret AFOLS luv minifigures, second if you look at the top shot cockpit picture you see a 3 stud wide seat which suggests a pilot would not look so dorky in there.

Personally i really like the 6208 B-wing Fighter set and if the UCS was based of that I would have been a lot more impressed.

After looking at the high resolution pics I the cockpit looks rather good in the model and although a bit pricey it is a must have. People must remember that lego designers must work within a budget aka working within a set or limited number of pieces to produce a model. So therefore it is quite an achievement to produce such a stunning ship given these limitations. Adding more pieces to make it look realistic would of driven up the price more and therefore affect sales. After all people its star wars so its meant to be a bit pricey.

I still do think the support stand should of been made differently to allow the ship to stand or just support the large wing so that it doesn`t slope down to the floor.

Most USC ships in the past didn`t include minifiguers, so why should one. And honestly ask yourselves would including a minifigure really make the set any different.

Now that I have see those better pictures I cant believe and HATE that they included a sticker namely that huge orange dot , I hope its a printed piece by my jedi powers tells me no.

Edited by kermit

Hmm. Definitely out of my price range, but a nice model nonetheless. The wings do look a bit thick though.

Grossly overpriced!!! Considering that R2 is $229 for almost 600 more pieces than the $249 B-wing. And, no exclusive minifigs to excuse the price??? Not cool!!! I have every OT set and I was eagerly awaiting this one, but I may have finally had enough of TLG's gouging. Time to bricklink my own B-wing.

Have to agree with those of you that think this set is overpriced. I personally believe LEGO should have made the UCS B-Wing a little bit more affordable since it's not as iconic as some of the other ships from the PT. My 7-yr old son had no idea what this set was. I had to show him the brief footage from RotJ and he still asked me why LEGO made this set.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Looks great, I have been waiting for this for quite a while. It's a UCS so it's a winner and an OT UCS so it is definitly going in my collection :cry_happy::thumbup:

Could it be TLG is changing its price policy? The 10228 Haunted House is 30% overpriced. Same seems to be the case with this model. Are they going to increase all prices for AFOL exclusives knowing they will buy the sets anyway? The SW license still does not justify this extreme price.

Edited by merman