XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I'm really not keen on the Snow-R2-D2, I can see the logic behind the rough looking print but personally I would have preferred something closer to the normal droid print except in white. At least a white astromech would have more practical uses rather than being purely a collectors piece. Surely the top hat would have been enough to make him look seasonal?

However, I can't help wondering if this design is based on anything ILM have ever produced on a greeting card - like last year's Santa Yoda was. Does anybody know?

Just think of the Hoth MOC you could make. Park the "snow-2" outside the main hanger :laugh:

For those of you that have a facebook account, there is a page called "Lego Star Wars for 2012." It is a very usefull page with a lot of info and pictures. :sweet:

Yeah it is good but he gets 90% of his info and pictures from this form.

Edited by MandaloretheLesser

I believe you mean LucasFilm, not ILM, but they have their own list of company cards on StarWars.com here. I think it's fairly comprehensive. It doesn't appear that an R2 Snowman was ever a thing. I wish LEGO would've made Jabba Snowman from the card last year; with the new Jabba Mould in white, it may not have been very useful, but it sure would've been impressive!

Doh! Yes, I mean LucasFilm - I had the image of Vampire Leia in my mind which was from the ILM Halloween party invite. Thanks for the link Clone O'Patra. :thumbup:

I know it's superficial of me, but I would be more accepting of this figure if it had a link with an official greeting card.

Just think of the Hoth MOC you could make. Park the "snow-2" outside the main hanger :laugh:

I wonder how many 'amusing' moc's we'll see featuring our rebel heroes having fun making a Snow-R2 on Hoth?

I just remembered that the preliminary version of Snowman r2 had a hat, I'm happy they removed it.

This is LEGO we're talking about - the hat was probably taken off for these photos, but I'm guessing it will still be included in the set.

I just remembered that the preliminary version of Snowman r2 had a hat, I'm happy they removed it.

It would be nice if they included the hat, but it would be optional to use it or not, depending if you like the hat or not.

I wish LEGO would've made Jabba Snowman from the card last year; with the new Jabba Mould in white, it may not have been very useful, but it sure would've been impressive!

This is where its at. I wonder what other Christmas characters TLG could make? Maybe a Santa Vader with some green and red clad Stormtrooper elves to help conquer the Christmas season :devil:

Nice! I really like the color combo on that. I can't wait to pick this up. I like that they made it a two seater, too.

Saw this on brickset, I don't think we ever saw the back of this set yet

That actually looks a bit better than I was expecting. Is anyone else reminded of Gradius?

Edited by Iron Mac
Please don't quote images

Hey guys I just found this image on hothbricks.com (originally from ACpin) and it is apparently featured in an upcoming issue of Club magazine. It's a contest about ways to enlarge Jabba's palace. (more rooms) This is just more confirmation that we will get additional structures to the set! (Hopefully Rancor pit!) :cry_happy: Link: http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/07/aidez-lego-a-agrandir-la-hutte-de-jabba/#comments

Hey guys I just found this image on hothbricks.com (originally from ACpin) and it is apparently featured in an upcoming issue of Club magazine. It's a contest about ways to enlarge Jabba's palace. (more rooms) This is just more confirmation that we will get additional structures to the set! (Hopefully Rancor pit!) :cry_happy: Link: http://www.hothbricks.com/2012/07/aidez-lego-a-agrandir-la-hutte-de-jabba/#comments

Yep, we've got discussion on that here. :classic:

I'll leave your comment here since it is somewhat relevant to this thread, but all discussion of the contest should go in the topic I linked to. Thanks.

Next month --> 2013 rumor list

It might be sooner than that! Don't forget last year we saw this years Tie and the queen Amidala fig at Comic Con. :sweet:

jf3yi.jpg

It looks pretty cool, specially Pre Visla's minifig.

That's what sells the set for me. I need someone to Lead my Mando army :blush:

I think it will be great to have AotC sets, I would specially like a new Count Dooku that is Non-CW.

Agreed! :wub:

hopefully a new Padme, Jango, and non-CW yoda aswell! But now I'm just getting my hopes up... :tongue:

I can't split posts and the posts won't make as much sense if they're moved to the Future Star Wars sets topic, so I'm going to leave them here, but remember that discussion of wanted sets and speculation about probable sets belongs over in that topic. Thanks. :classic:

Agreed! :wub:

hopefully a new Padme, Jango, and non-CW yoda aswell! But now I'm just getting my hopes up... :tongue:

Zam Wesell too. :wub:

Brick Fiesta started today right? Time to start hitting F5 repeatedly :laugh:

According to this post by mrfootball the unveiling isn't gonna be until friday afternoon. I'll be counting the hours with you though... I really hope we'll be seeing some pictures of the B-Wing then :sweet:

Yep, we've got discussion on that here. :classic:

I'll leave your comment here since it is somewhat relevant to this thread, but all discussion of the contest should go in the topic I linked to. Thanks.

Sorry about that Brickdoctor. :grin: Will post in the right thread next time. :wink: