XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

While a Chrome C-3PO is something we could hope for, I don't think they would re-release an older chrome figure. Still possible nonetheless.

A chrome Ewok makes no sense to me - and what else that has orange 'eyes' would make more sense in chrome than C-3PO, although we already had that before?

Besides, all the Ewok figures we've gotten so far never had orange eyes, so why would a chrome Ewok do so?

But if it really is a new Chrome C-3PO, I'm gonna have some even bigger problems with money this year, unless you can get it with LOTR sets as well..

Else I'd have to spend money on SW sets mainly for the figure besides buying all LOTR sets.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

A chrome Ewok makes no sense whatsoever. A Battle Droid cold work, but a Super Battle Droid would make even more sense. Maybe they could chrome one of the new astro mechs from this years January wave. Also, what is this talk of orange eyes and how does it fit into the topic of a chrome fig?

Orange eyes you say?

A Chrome silver TC-14 would rock, although that's only because I never got a chrome C3-PO... :grin:

Tc-142.jpg

Quote by Warwick Davis, who played Wicket:

"I was 11 and 2ft 11in at the time  -  perfect, as it turned out, for an Ewok. I was in. Shooting for Return Of The Jedi, the third film in the original trilogy, began in 1982.

Nearly all the Ewok village scenes were shot at Elstree, but not without problems. The costumes for the Ewoks, furry, forestdwelling creatures, were incredibly unstable. As heat built inside the bodysuits, the orange eyes steamed up, so none of us could see. "

Bah... you are correct, the picture linked in the source thread shows an ewok with black eyes :( I used that as reference for the lack of orange eyes... now using google as my friend, I can see that the picture linked is more than likely one of those misted up eyes which are indeed orange :(

Id still prefer a lil chromy jawa though :look:

*to all the people saying what 'would work' and what 'wouldnt' work....

This is Lego, and TLG... Need I say more to why anything 'would/wouldn't' work? Lego has no rules, just themes.

Edited by Fuppylodders

*to all the people saying what 'would work' and what 'wouldnt' work....

This is Lego, and TLG... Need I say more to why anything 'would/wouldn't' work? Lego has no rules, just themes.

Give the man a cigar! You sir, have said it best. The same logic applies to situations involving Bariss Offee (two figures one year apart,) the shirtless Maul, the Shadow ARF trooper, and the White Boba Fett. Logic has never really applied to promo figures, more of a "What would look cool?" situtation. :hmpf_bad:

Orange eyes you say?

A Chrome silver TC-14 would rock, although that's only because I never got a chrome C3-PO... :grin:

Tc-142.jpg

That is what it will be!

TC-14:

Is already chrome

Has orange eyes

He was in TPM, thus tieing the MtF 'Fig to the rerelease of TPM

A chrome Ewok makes no sense whatsoever. A Battle Droid cold work, but a Super Battle Droid would make even more sense. Maybe they could chrome one of the new astro mechs from this years January wave. Also, what is this talk of orange eyes and how does it fit into the topic of a chrome fig?

A page(or 2, either 322 or 323) there's a link to a Brickset thread where someone hinted at the new chrome fig has orange eyes.

Could you answer my question, please?

We really don't know. TLG doesn't usually tell us when, where, or how they're releasing promo figures until right before they are released.

Sorry if I missed this but i dont have time to catch up. Wouldnt the Darth Maul figure be more accurate as a May 4th figure? We already saw a picture of it.

Orange eyes you say?

*snip*

Now that seems far more likely than a chrome ewok!! :sick: Logical reasons not to as follows:

i) I've never seen an armoured ewok (even in the numerous 're-mastered' versions of ROTJ!!)

ii) Ewoks would be difficult to chrome (think of the fur, it's almost bordering on cruelty, but thinking about it they are ewoks after all so it wouldn't be soo bad......)

iii) Stability of the chrome & wear issues on rounded (fat) body

iv) They're rubbish & there's so many better options....TC-14, R2-D2, Hoth Stormtrooper, Emperor, Emperor's Guard etc :wink:

That is what it will be!

TC-14:

Is already chrome

Has orange eyes

He was in TPM, thus tieing the MtF 'Fig to the rerelease of TPM

Please no. Anything but this character.

Sorry if I missed this but i dont have time to catch up. Wouldnt the Darth Maul figure be more accurate as a May 4th figure? We already saw a picture of it.

Still possible but I'm leaning towards a different figure for the giveaway. Last year, White Boba was shown and given away at Toy Fair and the May the 4th promo was the Shadow ARF Trooper. White Boba was again a promotional figure during LEGOLand CA Star Wars Day and Celebration V.

My memory has failed me. Just when I thought I was sure of something I realize that I was a year off. Now what happened between Toy Fair 2010 and May the 4th 2011?

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

If for some reason they chromed this character (which is highly unlikely since they haven't bothered to make him yet), he would adequately double as a replacement for U-3PO in Tantive IV MOC's and E-3PO in Cloud City MOC's.

What I'm saying is, we really need a silver protocol droid.

Edited by StoutFiles

Think you will find Ewoks don't have orange eyes,

Chrome Darth Maul is my guess

Yes, but if you read the entire thread the person who guessed an ewok, the OP says that is the correct guess.

The person that started the topic eventually says that the person that guessed Chrome Ewok was correct. I really hope this is just a joke. Either way, I'm getting pretty excited that it's almost May the 4th.

I really don't think that a chrome Ewok makes much sense. :wacko:

C-3PO makes more sense.

Mostly none of them ever do. :laugh:

Give the man a cigar! You sir, have said it best. The same logic applies to situations involving Bariss Offee (two figures one year apart,) the shirtless Maul, the Shadow ARF trooper, and the White Boba Fett. Logic has never really applied to promo figures, more of a "What would look cool?" situtation. :hmpf_bad:

What I'm saying is, we really need a silver protocol droid.

I agree, TC-14 would be awesome. Even if it came in the matte silver color instead of chrome, I'd be more than happy.

The reason why Vader, C-3P0 or Stormtrooper were able to turn into chrome figures is because they have metal armour

You can't have chrome fur or skin :tongue:

The protocal droid seems the most likely

Why? :wacko: What's wrong with TC-14?

Perhaps you would like a chrome Jar-Jar better? :devil:

Edited by LEGOman273

Wait... Has it been confirmed that this orange eyed figure is chrome? Would it nor make more sense that the shirtless Maul would be this fig, since his eyes are yellow, which may be mistaken for orange from a distance.

Wait... Has it been confirmed that this orange eyed figure is chrome? Would it nor make more sense that the shirtless Maul would be this fig, since his eyes are yellow, which may be mistaken for orange from a distance.

Nothing confirmed by TLG yet, but the Brickset user "flump6523" gave hints that it is chrome, has orange eyes then later said it is going to be an ewok.

Here is a serious of quotes from him:

Clue:- It's chrome! :oD
^^ It is clear from my post that I know the answer since I've provided a clue.

Just interested as to what was on other members' wishlist! :o)

Clue:- It has orange eyes.

Other user quoted here:

It's an Ewok isn't it?

Flump6523 here:

^ Give that man a prize! :o)

Those quotes may be "serious", but I am still very skeptical about this rumor. Like some have said, an Ewok wouldn't make nearly as much sense as the already existing chrome figures, not to mention that there are many other characters that would make more sense to be made in chrome. Besides, don't Ewoks have black/brown eyes? :wacko:

Why? :wacko: What's wrong with TC-14?

Perhaps you would like a chrome Jar-Jar better? :devil:

Nothing's wrong with TC-14, I'd rather see some other minifigs in chrome before another protocol droid. I think a chrome R2-D2 would look good with the shine and a part of my collection.

I'm 75% sure I would pass on a chrome Jar-Jar. Who am I kidding, the 25% would win out in the end. :laugh:

Nothing's wrong with TC-14, I'd rather see some other minifigs in chrome before another protocol droid. I think a chrome R2-D2 would look good with the shine and a part of my collection.

I'm 75% sure I would pass on a chrome Jar-Jar. Who am I kidding, the 25% would win out in the end. :laugh:

Grievous has orange eyes too and it could be a Chrome Pearl White General Grievous. *oh2*

The only characters that Lego has ever produced in chrome are famous ones with armour or metallic body.

If it's for The Phantom Menace I'd expect to see a Chrome Jar Jar. Yes most of us dislike him but the kiddos love him.

Those quotes may be "serious", but I am still very skeptical about this rumor. Like some have said, an Ewok wouldn't make nearly as much sense as the already existing chrome figures, not to mention that there are many other characters that would make more sense to be made in chrome. Besides, don't Ewoks have black/brown eyes? :wacko:

ewok-and-girl-image.jpg

Every time someone says they only have brown/black eyes I'm going to repost this picture.

EDIT: Okay, I'm not actually going to do that, but I'm really trying to get this point across.

Edited by StoutFiles

*snip*

Every time someone says they only have brown/black eyes I'm going to repost this picture.

And you're going to give me nightmares every time. *shudders*