XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

The Brick Show just did a pre- release review of the desert skiff and they have more of the 2012 sets reviews to come soon. Here is the link :

Edited by kermit

645 pieces for Palpatine's Arrest is actually a decent number - they should be able to produce something substanial with that.

645 pieces for Palpatine's Arrest is actually a decent number - they should be able to produce something substanial with that.

Ye it's better than the last slave one which was about £80 and only had 570 pieces that only had 3 figs unless you count the carbonite block. Can't wait to see a pic of this set

The piece count for "Palpatine's Arrest" sounds promising! I hope we get a good chunk of his office, and maybe even the speeder that Anakin arrives in.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but in the POTC thread a certain quote from the Brickset Discussion forum tipped us off that TLG is not going to be producing a POTC Flying Dutchman (Rumor).

Incidentally that same user claims the "May the Fourth" promo minifig is going to be a Chrome Ewok (Rumor).

Source - Read all the comments.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but in the POTC thread a certain quote from the Brickset Discussion forum tipped us off that TLG is not going to be producing a POTC Flying Dutchman (Rumor).

Incidentally that same user claims the "May the Fourth" promo minifig is going to be a Chrome Ewok (Rumor).

Think you will find Ewoks don't have orange eyes,

Chrome Darth Maul is my guess

Hmmmmm still not convinced after reading the thread on brick set all the clues pioneer to a new chrome c3po and not and ewok one of the clues said " I wouldn't buy a chrome c3po over the next few months" and " it has orange eyes" i don't think ewoks have orange eyes. Also it would make more sense for the shirtless darth maul as the white boba fett a few years back was a toy fair promo that soon found its way on shop at home plus the fact that mauls every where this year even on the boxes. Plus it would make more sense for an ewok next year as its the 30th Anniversary of Jedi in 2013.

shouldn't the charcter make sence when it's chromed? A chrome Ewok, that's hard to believe. A Chome Imperial guard r Clone seems more realistic.

shouldn't the charcter make sence when it's chromed? A chrome Ewok, that's hard to believe. A Chome Imperial guard r Clone seems more realistic.

Star Wars was aired on May 25, 1977. On May 25, 2012, it's the 35th anniversary. Releasing a new chrome C-3PO would make sense.

Star Wars was aired on May 25, 1977. On May 25, 2012, it's the 35th anniversary. Releasing a new chrome C-3PO would make sense.

Why would that make sence? We already have one. R2 D2 would make sence, that way we have both characters of them. They were the first characters wthe audiance saw.

Why would that make sence? We already have one. R2 D2 would make sence, that way we have both characters of them. They were the first characters wthe audiance saw.

Please keep in mind that "you" is not "we", that chrome C-3PO was released several years ago and that since this time, a whole new generation of children became acquainted with Star Wars.

Re-releasing C-3PO would make sense because

- it is the figure that benefits most from the chrome look,

- it was released with a new torso this year,

- the community is given a great opportunity to get a decent minifigure.

Basically, you are tying to argue that in your opinion releasing a chromed R2 D2 makes more sense than re-relasing C-3PO. That may be the case, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said since this is a totally different question. The arguments I stated remain true despite the arguments for releasing different figures, and that's why they make sense.

Chrome Darth Maul is my guess

I don't think so, not after the shirtless version in the polybag.

I have to agree with brickadeer. I believe it would be a gold/silver chrome C3PO. His eyes are orange, not yellowy/orangy/reddish as Mauls are (if one was to believe the original hint dropped about eye colour). Ewoks eyes are pretty much black. The original hint said orange. The fact TLG are prone to re-releasing things, wouldn't surprise me that they would re-release a C3PO too...

Please keep in mind that "you" is not "we", that chrome C-3PO was released several years ago and that since this time, a whole new generation of children became acquainted with Star Wars.

Re-releasing C-3PO would make sense because

- it is the figure that benefits most from the chrome look,

- it was released with a new torso this year,

- the community is given a great opportunity to get a decent minifigure.

Basically, you are tying to argue that in your opinion releasing a chromed R2 D2 makes more sense than re-relasing C-3PO. That may be the case, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I said since this is a totally different question. The arguments I stated remain true despite the arguments for releasing different figures, and that's why they make sense.

?

I'm so sorry I offended you and your arguments. Really, what was I thinking, giving my own opinion and not making it clear enough.

Those are some excellent points you make, they wouldn't make sense at all to other minifigures, especially not R2 D2.

Also, I didn't now that after 4 years a minifigure is outdated already, my mistake, won't happen again.

The person that started the topic eventually says that the person that guessed Chrome Ewok was correct. I really hope this is just a joke. Either way, I'm getting pretty excited that it's almost May the 4th.

If that is true, then his original hints are incorrect, and that person that guessed ewok did so by random guess work. So if that is the case, I have just as much reason to disbelieve anything he says who was correct, and even the fact that he believes he knows what it is. Unless it is possible he is getting them confused due to a brain fart, with jawas...

?

I'm so sorry I offended you and your arguments. Really, what was I thinking, giving my own opinion and not making it clear enough.

Those are some excellent points you make, they wouldn't make sense at all to other minifigures, especially not R2 D2.

Also, I didn't now that after 4 years a minifigure is outdated already, my mistake, won't happen again.

The point is that you didn't simply express your opinion. You could have simply said that you'd prefer to see a chrome R2 D2. Instead, you had to depreciate mine in order to claim that yours is the superior one, and that is the offense.

Apparently you are lacking the ability to comprehend this simple fact. Otherwise, you would not use irony as a means to justify your inappropriate behaviour.

If that is true, then his original hints are incorrect, and that person that guessed ewok did so by random guess work. So if that is the case, I have just as much reason to disbelieve anything he says who was correct, and even the fact that he believes he knows what it is. Unless it is possible he is getting them confused due to a brain fart, with jawas...

Quote by Warwick Davis, who played Wicket:

"I was 11 and 2ft 11in at the time  -  perfect, as it turned out, for an Ewok. I was in. Shooting for Return Of The Jedi, the third film in the original trilogy, began in 1982.

Nearly all the Ewok village scenes were shot at Elstree, but not without problems. The costumes for the Ewoks, furry, forestdwelling creatures, were incredibly unstable. As heat built inside the bodysuits, the orange eyes steamed up, so none of us could see. "

?

The point is that you didn't simply express your opinion. You could have simply said that you'd prefer to see a chrome R2 D2. Instead, you had to depreciate mine in order to claim that yours is the superior one, and that is the offense.

Apparently you are lacking the ability to comprehend this simple fact. Otherwise, you would not use irony as a means to justify your inappropriate behaviour.

Let's pls. keep the discussions here civil. If both you intend to keep your heated arguments I suggest you do it privately through PM. It's ok to speculate, discuss, and have yourselves heard but pls. do it in a respectful manner.

He started it! ;)

To say it in a more polite way. English is not my native language and I thought it was clear I was just saying my opion, guess not.

To move on...

I think it's to soon to have a new C3PO already, it's been only 4 years. I think however it would be cool to have his friend R2 D2 with a chrome dome, that way they would make a nice couple. They are more iconic as a duo. C3PO is not the only figure celebrating his 35th birthday...

I suspect a lot of people want a chrome C3PO because they missed out on the first one, which I fully understand, he was not cheap. But I don't think Lego will already make new one when there are other shiny characters they can still make.

I think it's to soon to have a new C3PO already, it's been only 4 years. I think however it would be cool to have his friend R2 D2 with a chrome dome, that way they would make a nice couple. They are more iconic as a duo. C3PO is not the only figure celebrating his 35th birthday...

I suspect a lot of people want a chrome C3PO because they missed out on the first one, which I fully understand, he was not cheap. But I don't think Lego will already make new one when there are other shiny characters they can still make.

I do not expect to get another 3PO. LEGO has yet to re-release the any of the comic-con figures so I really don't see 3PO making a come back. Sorry to you guys who don't have him. :tongue:

ewok-and-girl-image.jpg

Apologies for the picture from this awful film, but some Ewoks have orange eyes. Warwick Davis said multiple Ewoks on the set of RotJ had orange eyes. Orange eyes do not debunk an Ewok as a chrome figure, it's actually the perfect hint as its not immediately obvious.

*Snip*

Apologies for the picture from this awful film, but some Ewoks have orange eyes. Warwick Davis said multiple Ewoks on the set of RotJ had orange eyes. Orange eyes do not debunk an Ewok as a chrome figure, it's actually the perfect hint as its not immediately obvious.

That pic is Argg, take it away :cry_sad:.

:look: A Chrome Battle Droid.