XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Yes, but the N-1 isn't completely chrome. The Royal Starship is, and it's also a fair bit larger.

Then again they could do it in gray. It seems like the kind of thing TLG would do. I wouldn't mind too much, if it was well designed and everything. But I still think Theed is more likely anyway.

Actually, this is 2012 Pictures and RUMOURS. While the TIE and Amidala set are confirmed, the battlepacks and the "collectible concept" sets are certainly rumours, so I think it is okay to discuss them.

Yeah, but there's now 27 pages, with I'd bet about 25 of these pages worth of posts have been, "I wish for..." "I want this..." "I hope we get...". Those clearly aren't rumors. The only rumors I've read are the BPs, this "collectible concept", and that juicy tidbit from Cap't Kirk. Can we please keep the hopes and dreams in the "Future Star Wars sets" thread...

Edited by Legocrazy81

Then again they could do it in gray. It seems like the kind of thing TLG would do. I wouldn't mind too much, if it was well designed and everything. But I still think Theed is more likely anyway.

I would agree I think it would be fine in grey and I think kids could care less if it was not chrome.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

Correct. During the other scenes she wore different dresses, and considering the Federation occupation of Naboo, it's unlikely the throne room gown was on the starship for her to wear during any non-Naboo events not shown in the movie. (unless she had multiples, but in any case, she only appears in the outfit during the first throne room scenes in the movie)

Sorry for the double post(assuming nobody posts before I submit this). I'm on an iPad and I can't scroll down and my window fills up fast.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember her in that gown on that ship? She was impersonating her servant when she went with Qui-Gon and Obi Wan to Tatoonie(right?) when they ended up meeting Anakin...then back to Naboo. My memory is a bit fuzzy, haven't seen it lately.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember her in that gown on that ship? She was impersonating her servant when she went with Qui-Gon and Obi Wan to Tatoonie(right?) when they ended up meeting Anakin...then back to Naboo. My memory is a bit fuzzy, haven't seen it lately.

Yep, that's what I said. :wink:

Honestly, the Royal Starship is probably one of those very much wished-for sets that's just too big of a problem for TLG to make. I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in bley, but I do think a Theed playset is a much more reasonable possibility.

Why is this Forum not on target it seems every one has jumped in and thought this would be a great set. But not considered that this is Pictures and Rumors not Speculations and Idea's and there's no point speculating because hardly ever are they be what you think they'll be. I Believe this Forum needs to be followed by the mods "more closely" so it stays on target. and users to "Stay on target". if users keep on diverting from the topic, i think it won't encourage a good name for euro bricks. And the only one that can talk is a Lego employ. because it is the truth

Edited by Raider

However, hoping for Cloud City, a J-type 327 Nubian, and sets from Attack of the Clones, as many people have done here, is not. Personally I think a Theed Palace playset is more likely to include the Queen than a Nubian (which, as mentioned several times in this thread, is highly unlikely) but that's just me.

After 25 pages of "Royal Starship" that word finally appears...

I don't remember what she wore on Coruscant, nor how she got there... but I'm pretty sure she wore something fancy in the senate, and I imagine she wore something Queen-like in transit?

Although I personally believe it's more likely we'll see a Theed (or galactic senate) location-based set than a mercury blob ship.

"Ah, yes. Nubian! We have LOTS of that!" :tongue:

I don't remember what she wore on Coruscant, nor how she got there... but I'm pretty sure she wore something fancy in the senate, and I imagine she wore something Queen-like in transit?

All I remember is that on Naboo, Keira Knightley wore a black dress with big feathers. Maybe we'll see that minifigure.

Edited by fallenangel309

Although I personally believe it's more likely we'll see a Theed (or galactic senate) location-based set than a mercury blob ship.

But what I(and the good doctor)said is that the speculation of that starship becoming a Lego set just because we're getting Amidala is unwarranted because when she was in that starship, she was never in that garb.

Edit: because I didn't know what I even typed before.(thanks fallen :wink:)

Edited by Legocrazy81

But what I(and the good doctor)said is that |when she was in that specific ship that people think she is/should be in | ==> |is that starship|

What? :wacko:

Edited by fallenangel309

What? :wacko:

Wow, I certainly deserve that face, fallen. I reread that post I made, and I don't know why I typed that, nor what I was saying, sorry. What I was trying to say, is why people assume she's going to be in that Lego set(assuming they're making it, unlikely)when in the movie, when she was in that ship, she was never in that outfit.

I guess I could've just said that, huh? :tongue: I'm gonna read my post again and see if I can figure out what the hell I said there. :blush:

Edited by Legocrazy81

Wow, I certainly deserve that face, fallen. I reread that post I made, and I don't know why I typed that, nor what I was saying, sorry. What I was trying to say, is why people assume she's going to be in that Lego set(assuming they're making it, unlikely)when in the movie, when she was in that ship, she was never in that outfit.

I guess I could've just said that, huh? :tongue: I'm gonna read my post again and see if I can figure out what the hell I said there. :blush:

No worries, Legocrazy81. We've all made our fair share of ridiculous typos. :laugh:

Back on topic... still no news on the UCS A-wing and B-wing?

No worries, Legocrazy81. We've all made our fair share of ridiculous typos. :laugh:

Back on topic... still no news on the UCS A-wing and B-wing?

:grin:

Is that more speculation I sniff :tongue:, or a legit rumor?

"Ah, yes. Ah, yes. Nubian! We have LOTS of that!" :tongue:

All I remember is that on Naboo, Kiera Knightley wore a black dress with big feathers. Maybe we'll see that minifigure.

Doesn't he only say 'ah yes' once?

Sabe. :wink:

:grin:

Is that more speculation I sniff :tongue:, or a legit rumor?

I forget. I'm pretty sure it came from some new member who found it or saw it somewhere somehow. I'd classify it as rumor with a bit of logical backing, along the same lines as the Royal Starship and the Endor BPs.

I forget. I'm pretty sure it came from some new member who found it or saw it somewhere somehow. I'd classify it as rumor with a bit of logical backing, along the same lines as the Royal Starship and the Endor BPs.

The UCS B-wing rumor did come from a new member (and in code at that) but I believe it was cavegod who hinted at a UCS A-wing.

But what I(and the good doctor)said is that the speculation of that starship becoming a Lego set just because we're getting Amidala is unwarranted because when she was in that starship, she was never in that garb.

I know what you meant, I would like to add however that it would not be the first time TLG would give us a minifig in an unlikely setting.

According the The Wook if we just scroll down a bit that outfit was for the throne room only. Her transit outfit was this purple+mauve piece (or pieces :tongue: )

72px-Padmefull4Travel.jpg

But since the red outfit is more recognisable they may substitute that in instead. Just saying it's possible. I still believe it's more likely that we'll get a Theed setting...

This is my first post in the Star Wars forum, so I haven't got to say how much of a Star Wars fan I am yet. :blush:

I've been waiting for a new TIE since Darth Vader's TIE Advanced came out in 2009, I just hope we'll get an Interceptor and Bomber to follow. :cry_happy:

I know we'll be getting more Episode 1 sets too, what with the 3D release. It will be good if they do the same for AoTC for it's 3D release (maybe some new sandpeople Tusken raiders).

Anyway, I seem to remember it being around August/September when the more accurate rumors for the January wave started appearing last year, so we shouldn't have long to wait. :classic:

What I was trying to say, is why people assume she's going to be in that Lego set(assuming they're making it, unlikely)when in the movie, when she was in that ship, she was never in that outfit.

If this was any other fig I would say that TLC would put the queen in that costume in any set i.e. a J-type 327 Nubian royal starship (in pearl chrome), however as the Amidala fig has been hankered after by the fans for so long it's very unlikely that it will come in anything less accurate than a Theed Palace.

Man, this thread is moving fast!

Yes, but the N-1 isn't completely chrome. The Royal Starship is, and it's also a fair bit larger.

I still don't think that rules it out as a possibility. By the sounds of it TLC will be going above and beyond with the range of sets next year.

So maybe not chrome... what about metallic silver as used on the newer lightsaber hilts?

Honestly, the Royal Starship is probably one of those very much wished-for sets that's just too big of a problem for TLG to make. I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in bley, but I do think a Theed playset is a much more reasonable possibility.

How about both? :wink:

Seriously though, TLC have given us versions of many sets that I would have considered a challenge to build, with great results. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage. I'd be keen to see Theed playset too of course. :wink:

Seriously though, TLC have given us versions of many sets that I would have considered a challenge to build, with great results. I wouldn't rule anything out at this stage. I'd be keen to see Theed playset too of course. :wink:

What would one do in a Theed playset? Everything about Theed is big, so any scenes will be shrunk to awful levels to fit things.

What would the play features be? Windows to grapple to and guns hidden in the throne? I guess they could put some flick fire missiles in the walls (they're in trees now so it's only inevitable).

I feel that Theed is too big and boring for a good playset. If anything, well get a mismanages set like the new Echo Base with everything from Theed thrown together in one room.

All I remember is that on Naboo, Kiera Knightley wore a black dress with big feathers. Maybe we'll see that minifigure.

I think you mean Natalie Portman, no?

Man, this thread is moving fast!

I still don't think that rules it out as a possibility. By the sounds of it TLC will be going above and beyond with the range of sets next year.

So maybe not chrome... what about metallic silver as used on the newer lightsaber hilts?

That's not a bad idea. It may not be as "flashy" as the actual chrome brick may be(I don't know, because I don't own any chrome bricks). But, the saber hilts seem to hold up well. I

know someone mentioned that as a gripe about the chrome bricks and how'd they would chip/scratched up and thus become dechromed(not a word, but it works :tongue:).

EDIT: is the chrome print the same as the gold of the minifigs keychain/town plan bricks? If so, mine have held up well over the years, so maybe they have a more durable solution that they put over the bricks...

Edited by Legocrazy81

Here's another factor for all those people considering what outfit the Queen wore in each scene-- her red dress is by far her most distinctive, appearing in most promotional material featuring the character, so I wouldn't put it past TLG to include it in a scene where she had a different costume. However, with that said, it is yet another piece of evidence against a royal starship. A Theed Palace playset of some sort is seeming ever more likely, which doesn't bother me one bit-- Theed Palace, like a lot of locations, has been dreadfully underrepresented in sets.

Another Theed Palace scene I'd like to see, which may not be able to be included in the same scene, is the epic lightsaber duel against Darth Maul. A set with those energy gates and that reactor chamber or whatever, plus Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul minifigures, would be awesome.

Not entirely out of the question. I do also doubt we'd get the Royal Starship, though, because all the exclusive minifigs you might expect to be on it are in the Scimitar. As if TLG decided they weren't going to do the Royal Starship, so they stuck the minifigs in the Scimitar since that's almost the right scene. I don't see any other reason for Panaka to be in the Scimitar.

What would one do in a Theed playset? Everything about Theed is big, so any scenes will be shrunk to awful levels to fit things.

What would the play features be? Windows to grapple to and guns hidden in the throne? I guess they could put some flick fire missiles in the walls (they're in trees now so it's only inevitable).

I hear you. I think if they did do a Theed playset, the majority of it would be the hangar and reactor, with the throne room on the side. A small vehicle in the hangar, working doors, hidden compartment for those guns, and it won't be much different from Echo Base.