XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Its official guys: LEGO SUCKS!

I just got the new 2012 Catalog saying that for the USA: You can start Pre-Ordering January 1st 2012 but they won't be shipped till January 30th 2012

Yes, LEGO tried to ease are pain with adding a poster.. but this really sucks.. waiting another 30 days to get a product that should have came out 2 weeks ago. I'm just pissed.

And for those who thinks this idea is good, your wrong. What LEGO should have done is Let us Pre-Order December 26th 2011 and Ship it January 1st 2012 (That would have been a lot better.)

What do you guys think?

6560878183_ff80c1a61c_b.jpg

Wow, I'm fairly surprised by these prices. $55 for the TIE? Seriously? And why wait until January 30th?

Looks like the Naboo planet set and the Endor BP are the only definite buys for me, maybe Droid Escape.

Wow, I'm fairly surprised by these prices. $55 for the TIE? Seriously? And why wait until January 30th?

Lego's prices are always going to get crazier now, you just have to get used to it.

As for the release date, they're releasing it then because January 30th is my birthday :tongue:

Jokes aside, I think it is an all-round marketing thing. Hasbro are putting out all their first releases of 2012 for their lines on that date, so I think it's something for all marketing, not just Lego.

Those would have been outrageous Canadian prices, but they're American prices?

I'm afraid to find out how much they cost here...

About being released late January, I really can't care less....

Its official guys: LEGO SUCKS!

What do you guys think?

I think that's a bit of an overreaction myself. The simple fact is, these sets haven't been released yet, that's the timeline, there you have it. Complaining that the sets aren't available before they're released is like complaining that the sun isn't up in the middle of the night. Things happen when they happen. I'm sure that there was either a logistical reason or a business reason for the release date of 1/30. I really fail to see how this makes LEGO suck.

Incidentally, I was looking at the catalog myself, and I was noticing what appears to be a printed cockpit on the TIE Interceptor. Maybe it's my imagination or wishful thinking. Anyone care to give a second opinion?

I think that's a bit of an overreaction myself. The simple fact is, these sets haven't been released yet, that's the timeline, there you have it. Complaining that the sets aren't available before they're released is like complaining that the sun isn't up in the middle of the night. Things happen when they happen. I'm sure that there was either a logistical reason or a business reason for the release date of 1/30. I really fail to see how this makes LEGO suck.

Incidentally, I was looking at the catalog myself, and I was noticing what appears to be a printed cockpit on the TIE Interceptor. Maybe it's my imagination or wishful thinking. Anyone care to give a second opinion?

I'm sure it's printed too :sweet:

Lego is under no obligation to release anything by a certain date. They will release their products when they think it's appropriate. Waiting another month isn't going to kill anyone. Lego doesn't suck at all.

As far as prices go it is expected that Lego would raise them (inflation, etc). As long as they don't go beyond the 10% mark then they will do fine.

By the way, since we are on the subject of pricing, does anyone know what the UK prices will be please?

Edited by legolandia

It is quite possible they are holding off on releasing to capitalize on the 3-D release of The Phantom Menace?

I would suppose so because Hasbro is also releasing their products on January 30th so I would assume that Lucasfilm has put an iron fist on the new product release date.

Indeed.

On a related note, the company deserves a little credit for getting the diameter of the Death Star right. :tongue:

I can't believe how over priced the new sets are, I mean 55$ for the TIE Fighter, I think 50$ at the most but, 40$-45$ is a much more reasonable price. Almost the whole wave is unreasonable but I guess thats lego for you.

Dose any think there may be a chance of getting a cape for Grievous in the new Malevolence set,a new face for Lando, a blind face for Han and a new face for Boba Fett?

getting a cape for Grievous

Maybe

a new face for Lando,

Yes

a blind face for Han

We didn't get one in Slave 1 so i doubt it. what would it look like anyway?

and a new face for Boba Fett?

No.

Edited by simonjedi

Those would have been outrageous Canadian prices, but they're American prices?

I'm afraid to find out how much they cost here...

About being released late January, I really can't care less....

I share the identical sentiments- late January or early January makes no differance to me.

And where I could see those possibly being Canadian prices, the fact that our prices will likely be even higher frightens me as well. I certainly hope this is some error.

I share the identical sentiments- late January or early January makes no differance to me.

And where I could see those possibly being Canadian prices, the fact that our prices will likely be even higher frightens me as well. I certainly hope this is some error.

Well they could be getting a little less expensive for Canadians. In 2007 the BP's were $10 USD, and $15 CAD, and last year they were $12 USD and still $15 CAD. I could see the TIE being $65 CAD, when usually $50 USD sets are $65 CAD.

I agree, I know it is heresy to wait, but I have a feeling I am going to wait, pounce on any after-Christmas deals, and then save to splurge on May 4th. (In the hopes of another Star Wars Day promotion)

Well they could be getting a little less expensive for Canadians. In 2007 the BP's were $10 USD, and $15 CAD, and last year they were $12 USD and still $15 CAD. I could see the TIE being $65 CAD, when usually $50 USD sets are $65 CAD.

I got the new catalog, and it's actually $70 Canadian. X-Wing is 75 and the Y-Wing is 65. :sceptic:

Edited by prateek

I got the new catalog, and it's actually $70 Canadian. X-Wing is 75 and the Y-Wing is 65. :skeptic:

Well, the X-wing price is alright. Usually $60 = $80 (ex. ARC-170, T-6, Republic Attack Shuttle), So $75 for it is an improvement.

I got the new catalog, and it's actually $70 Canadian. X-Wing is 75 and the Y-Wing is 65. :skeptic:

:sceptic: Those are very bad prices....

Also anyone with Canadian catalogues, post all the Starwars set prices and pieces?

Thank you

Edited by ceroknight

Oh so Queen Amidala's going to be in a summer set eh, LEGO really tends to surprise us :tongue:

Merry Christmas everyone! :vader::yoda:

Edited by Otherworld

While browsing auctions on eBay I found this. ARC Trooper Hammer with red clone trooper gear! It appears as though we will get red visors and range finders. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-9488-Elite-ARC-Clone-Trooper-new-loose-/260921765360?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item3cc0262df0 :cry_happy:

You're probably right. The visor looks a bit big, though.

Hi; me again and yes added more HR images to my BS gallery!

But this time they are the Ultra HR kind 6000+ pxl. size.

The Gallery still needs to go public but here a sample....

Picture links to Ultra HR versions.

c_9493_detail_1_800.jpg

c_9492_detail_1_800.jpg

and some of the Minifigures 2500 - 3000 pxl. range

n_9493_r5-d8_800.jpg

n_9492_r5-j2_800.jpg

m_9492_death_star_trooper_800.jpg

m_9490_sandtrooper_800.jpg

So don't drool over them too much still waiting for some pics!

Enjoy for now and Merry Christmas :vader: :vader: :vader: