XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Didn't take long for the lunatic fringe to start making up 'rumours'.

Who's this Capt Kirk guy? Playing the 'I know something but can't tell you' nonsense - the classic Internet nerd desperate for attention. If you can't say - then don't say, don't plague us with your attention seeking.

Oh by the way I work for Lego and next years big set will be 'something touched by the force' but I can't say more because....

I'm just hoping Lego goes for a few more unusual sets - stuff we haven't seen before. The outrider would be very popular.

Who's this Capt Kirk guy? Playing the 'I know something but can't tell you' nonsense - the classic Internet nerd desperate for attention. If you can't say - then don't say, don't plague us with your attention seeking.

Oh by the way I work for Lego and next years big set will be 'something touched by the force' but I can't say more because....

I'm just hoping Lego goes for a few more unusual sets - stuff we haven't seen before. The outrider would be very popular.

The outrider is EU, which never fails to sell horribly.

Captain Kirk is a Eurobricks Fellow...

Maybe it is going to be another figure like 66254 maybe this time it will be a Darth Vader or Bobba fett.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

2012 is special in release. Well, thats what we heard about 2011 too.

As I said IN MY OPINION...everybody if free to have another opinion. I hope this is still allowed. Plus it also depend how you look at it...set-wise, variation-wise, brick-wize, size-wize, etc.

In my opinion 2012 is quite special in release (talking Star Wars). And for 2013 that´s gone be a very special year overall...with things you have seen never before (playthemes and IP´s). That´s all I can say and now it´s up to you to save some money... :wink:

In the first line there he is saying 2012 (talking Star Wars), and on the second line, about 2013 he says 'a very special year overall' which implies outside of the SW line to me, so I don't think the playthemes & IP's (whatever IP's are meant to be) are neccesarily related to SWlego.

On the question of what the 'special' feature or element could be for next year, on the one hand there is the obvious refrence to 'Shadows of the Empire' which makes me think Dash Rendar's Outrider or even Xizor figure, but I'm also thinking that's hardly something that would be recommended for 'everybody to buy it', and as has often been said the EU hardly sells well.

Unless of course some element from Shadows of the Empire like the Outrider is planned in an upcoming CW episode or story arc.

But my instinct agreess with what someone else has already mentioned and that is that the 'special' feature could be chrome pieces and the refrence is to a Naboo Royal Ship. For one it obviously ties in with the Queen Amidala figure teaser already shown, and secondly it might mean that certain chrome pieces that would be used for that ship will not be seen in the lego line for a (as mentioned very very long time) after that.

As I said IN MY OPINION...everybody if free to have another opinion. I hope this is still allowed. Plus it also depend how you look at it...set-wise, variation-wise, brick-wize, size-wize, etc.

Well then how do you look at it? :wink:

Usually I look at a combination of all these aspects.

Some people seem really negative and hard to please..

It's interesting to hear rumours without ripping them to shreds and personally I'm looking forward to any new sets that will impress me.

But my instinct agreess with what someone else has already mentioned and that is that the 'special' feature could be chrome pieces and the refrence is to a Naboo Royal Ship. For one it obviously ties in with the Queen Amidala figure teaser already shown, and secondly it might mean that certain chrome pieces that would be used for that ship will not be seen in the lego line for a (as mentioned very very long time) after that.

I personally would not regret not buying the Naboo Royal Starship. It had arguably the highest ratio of screen time to worst scenes in all of SW in it.

-Qui-Gon deciding to try and kill everyone by flying right into the blockade

-R2 fixing the shields, and then no other shots hitting the ship

-The Queen personally thanking a piece of equipment.

-Padme choosing to clean a piece of equipment

-Padme and Jar Jar talking to each other

-Obi-Wan analyzing midichlorines

Edited by StoutFiles

I personally would not regret not buying the Naboo Royal Starship. It had arguably the highest ratio of screen time to worst scenes in all of SW in it.

:hmpf:

That's all I have to say about that...

I didn´t read through all cockpit complains, but why was it necessary to change the cockpit window from the standard TIE window to the half bubble? I would think when a designer is told to build a TIE he would automatically grab the window piece an start constructing around it. I also can´t imagine it being so important to weight or other restrictions.

My guess is that the TIE cockpit piece, after 10+ years of use, may seem outdated and restrictive. It's large and clunky and doesn't always integrate well. Kind of like how no one uses the 8L bars for laser cannons on T-47s or the Y-wing canopy for X-wings anymore.

Was that on the LEGO.com forum or in some "Report your dream"-thread?

He's probably referring to our own Future Star Wars Sets thread.

By the way - What is an IP?

Internet Protocol?

:hmpf:

That's all I have to say about that...

To each their own... :sadnew:

Edited by fallenangel309

IP stands for Intellectual Property. Usually this means a licensed theme, although some non-licensed LEGO themes have been intellectual properties of their own (BIONICLE was considered LEGO's first, and Ninjago seems to be following in its footsteps with various books either released or soon-to-be-released, and a TV series just over the horizon).

But it's a cool ship! :grin:

A Royal Starship pretty much fits the description. Those Chrome parts would make a fortune on Bricklink.

IP stands for Intellectual Property.

Oops.

But it's a cool ship! :grin:

It's curvaceous and shiny and completely devoid of greeblies. Most of the scenes from Menace show it as an amorphous silver lump. An Original Trilogy fan probably wouldn't be able to identify it as Star Wars. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by fallenangel309

Hey anyone wanna bet on us getting a Jedi temple?

But of course that seems unlikely.

Im wondering if anyone realizes that its obvious were gonna get something to do with Episode 1 cus of the re-release of the movie in 3-D. The only thing I see to disprove this is the fact that we mustve gotten 20( :sarcasm: ) Phantom Menace sets in 2011. But then again were probably gonna be getting Padme's ship this year.

I hope im not the ONLY one who obviously half-knows that the ship has to have to be made of silver peices. If we get her ship then we should get that guy with the tan skin and red/ gold hat(I DONT CARE WHAT THE HECK HIS NAME IS), young Anakin, young Obi-Wan, Qui don, gon... Alright I give up... and maybe Padme's servant (By the way I have absolutely zero proof of these minifigs :head_back: ).

What I want is a new Jabbas palace with printed Jabba, that guy who has red eyes, luke in his jedi outfit, that bounty hunter Leia duisguised herself as, Han in Carbonite, and Leia in slave outfit and maybe some aliens. It should be about as big as the Hoth Echo base and Endor sheild base, thing, place, WATEVER!!!type of sets.

Also a cloud city set with Lobot, Lando, Han(with carbonite), Luke, Chewbacka and Darth Vader, and and and.... alright ill say thats a bit much but hey cant blame me for dreaming.

We should also get a small Death star set (not the full sphere!) With Luke, Darthy, stormtrooper, droid with new head, death star trooper and

Empror palpatine.

It's curvaceous and shiny and completely devoid of greeblies. Most of the scenes from Menace show it as an amorphous silver lump. An Original Trilogy fan probably wouldn't be able to identify it as Star Wars. But that's just my opinion.

True. And I doubt it would look great in LEGO anyway. But that is simply the style of the planet Naboo, which is introduced in the Phantom Menace. With each new movie, comes new styles of ships, characters, planets, etc.

Anyway, that is still only one of the options. Other speculations include the Jedi Temple, Jabba's Palace, and Cloud City. I also think a Geonosis Arena is possible, with Geonosians, possibly Jango, Padme, and new Jedi.

Now I understand my colleagues why they do not respond on posts anymore. There was otherwise maybe a nice interaction possible between the designer and the fans... but as always the good ones pay. But I give it one last try and also go in lurk-mode.

I just wanted to warn to avoid the "why didn´t I bought it, now it cost me a fortune...8(". I did it with the best intentions towards the Eurobricks/LEGO community but take it how you want. But maybe a good idea would be to go over my post and try to read what I type. I can understand that people want to know what´s coming...I was once on the other side too...but what´s the fun of that at the end. Is a surprise not a beautiful think. And on top of that, I would be a lunatic to say what´s coming because it will cost my job.

By the way there is more then 1 member on Eurobricks that can say who I´m...CopMike, Holodoc, Bonapart, etc.

No comment.

LEGO is a company and if the company wants to survive and you still want to have LEGO and not any clone-brand, it has to give what the MAJORITY of the customers want. And this majority is KIDS. Making something that kids don´t want would then be a bad idea...don´t you think.

In LEGO we talk about IP´s and playthemes.

IP stands for Intellectual Property... sets with a license like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, etc.

Playthemes are things like Power Miners, Atlantis, Space Police, etc.

I just wanted to warn to avoid the "why didn´t I bought it, now it cost me a fortune...8(". I did it with the best intentions towards the Eurobricks/LEGO community but take it how you want. But maybe a good idea would be to go over my post and try to read what I type. I can understand that people want to know what´s coming...I was once on the other side too...but what´s the fun of that at the end. Is a surprise not a beautiful think. And on top of that, I would be a lunatic to say what´s coming because it will cost my job.

I totally understand. Sometimes I think to myself "Aww, I wish he would just tell us the sets". But then I think about it, and I realise that then, until we get 2013 rumours, I would be bored, and we would have nothing to discuss. It's so much more exciting getting little bits of information leading up to the big release of the new sets, and then right when we get reviews, rumours for the next wave pop up. We are occupied 24/7, and it is a lot more fun and exciting this way. Just like how you have to wait until Christmas morning before opening your presents.

Some people seem really negative and hard to please..

It's interesting to hear rumours without ripping them to shreds and personally I'm looking forward to any new sets that will impress me.

That´s the attitude of a LEGO fan

That´s the attitude of a LEGO fan...give me your address in PM...you get a free box from me signed by the designer...I´ll mean it.

OK I will do, thanks! :classic:

See if I can figure out to send PM.

-Qui-Gon deciding to try and kill everyone by flying right into the blockade

-R2 fixing the shields, and then no other shots hitting the ship

-The Queen personally thanking a piece of equipment.

-Padme choosing to clean a piece of equipment

-Padme and Jar Jar talking to each other

-Obi-Wan analyzing midichlorines

Lol, I will vote for this post to be post of the year :laugh:.

That´s the attitude of a LEGO fan

Fans are clingy, complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices, the happier you'll be for it
- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

haha, his game reviews are the best.

I dont think they will do a Amidala ship - probably a Theed playset, possibly some characters from the senate?

I wonder when this surprise will be revealed. Could it be an exclusive? Or a system set. If it is system, then it will probably be in the second wave, with the bigger sets. If it is an exclusive, then it could be revealed sooner, like the AT-OT with Dropship.

One think I can say,...there will be a set in 2012 with something special in it...and I recommend it to everybody to buy it because it will be something that will come out and will go back in the dark shadows of the Empire for a very very very long time.

How much should we be saving for this set? 50? 100? 400? more?